Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Falcons Fans Forum

I beleive what some old school coaches say about your record is who you are. If you are 0-3, than you are not that good. The Falcons 'could' have won last week, but they did what a 'not-so-good' team does, they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by one player melting down...

Sorry, that's what bad teams, with bad chemistry do...

Seriously guys why are we thinking this will game will be close? Is it the injury situation? It's ok to be without Ahman or Jacoby against an NFC South team. We did decent with Schaub running our system last week without those guys, Davis stepped up and Ron will be back. We will be more than fine.

And... Trap game??? Are you kidding me? Trap game???

Fellas... Has anyone been able to run on our team yet? Did our offense cease to move the ball in any of the last 3 games? We are fine guys, you just need to remember that this is still a strong AFC team against a weak NFC team.

I have no idea why any of you are talking like Atlanta has a chance. lol

I beleive what some old school coaches say about your record is who you are. If you are 0-3, than you are not that good. The Falcons 'could' have won last week, but they did what a 'not-so-good' team does, they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by one player melting down...

Think we're going to get a "The Falcons are who we thought they are!" rant on Sunday afternoon? :shades:

How many times has he been sacked? Whats the TD to INT ration look like?
I believe that's behind him. Following that 7 sack game against Jacksonville, coach Petrino called him out and demanded he get rid of the football. He did that last week and it led to success. I'm convinced he'll stick with that game plan this week too.

His TD:INT ratio is 1:1, but Schaub's isn't much better either.

Seriously guys why are we thinking this will game will be close? Is it the injury situation? It's ok to be without Ahman or Jacoby against an NFC South team. We did decent with Schaub running our system last week without those guys, Davis stepped up and Ron will be back. We will be more than fine.

And... Trap game??? Are you kidding me? Trap game???

Fellas... Has anyone been able to run on our team yet? Did our offense cease to move the ball in any of the last 3 games? We are fine guys, you just need to remember that this is still a strong AFC team against a weak NFC team.

I have no idea why any of you are talking like Atlanta has a chance. lol
You haven't been watching the NFL longer than 3 weeks have you? Even being a Texans' fan should serve you humble pie.

A 2-1 start is better than an 0-3 start, but any team can beat on any given Sunday [especially on the road]. Technically, the game shouldn't be close but I think many are convinced it will be (including myself).

You haven't been watching the NFL longer than 3 weeks have you? Even being a Texans' fan should serve you humble pie.

A 2-1 start is better than an 0-3 start, but any team can beat on any given Sunday [especially on the road]. Technically, the game shouldn't be close but I think many are convinced it will be (including myself).

The AFC South is undefeated playing teams outside its own division...

The Colts put a spanking on the Saints...

The Titans put a spanking on the Saints...

The Texans put a spanking on the Panthers...

The Jags put a spanking on the Falcons...

The Panthers beat the Falcons...

Haven't you taken that SAT's? You should have optimism in being a Falcons fan. There is no reason for any Texan fan to think of this gae as anything other than a victory however.

Yes, I have watched the NFL since I was like 7 years old. But a slam dunk is a slam dunk 99% of the time.

The AFC South is undefeated playing teams outside its own division...

The Colts put a spanking on the Saints...

The Titans put a spanking on the Saints...

The Texans put a spanking on the Panthers...

The Jags put a spanking on the Falcons...

The Panthers beat the Falcons...

Haven't you taken that SAT's? You should have optimism in being a Falcons fan. There is no reason for any Texan fan to think of this gae as anything other than a victory however.

Yes, I have watched the NFL since I was like 7 years old. But a slam dunk is a slam dunk 99% of the time.
How did Jacksonville put a spanking on the Falcons? We lost by 6 points on the road.

You still do not understand how the NFL works. I'm a Falcons fan, and I understood that along time ago. It still holds true. Here's an example:

2006 Atlanta Falcons.
Win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
Win over the Cincinnati Bengals
Loss to the Detroit Lions
Loss to the Cleveland Browns

How did Jacksonville put a spanking on the Falcons? We lost by 6 points on the road.

You still do not understand how the NFL works. I'm a Falcons fan, and I understood that along time ago. It still holds true. Here's an example:

2006 Atlanta Falcons.
Win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
Win over the Cincinnati Bengals
Loss to the Detroit Lions
Loss to the Cleveland Browns

And Michael Vick played in those games...

.........?

Do I have to show you the same irritating trend before Vick for you to understand teams can lose to whoever on any given Sunday and nothing in the NFL is a gimme?

Look, I get what you are saying. No need to dig up trends or whatever, but the odds are stacked in the Texans' favor.

Look, I get what you are saying. No need to dig up trends or whatever, but the odds are stacked in the Texans' favor.

Signed,

12/24/06
Indianapolis Colts
vs
Houston Texans

The Texans haven't proven enough in order to have "the odds stacked in our favor".

I hope the Texans players don't think like some here do. If so, they might be in for a rude awakening.

:texflag:

if the best reason you can think of for your team to win is "Any given sunday!" ......you might be a falcons fan

If you have to be cheerfully optimistic about the 3rd coming of joey harrington....you might be a falcons fan

If you feel your 0-3 team is a lock to beat a 2-1...you might be a falcons fan

If you think Roddy white, coming off his second CAREER 100 yard game, is suddenly a viable threat....you might be a falcons fan.

If you are talking seriously about brian brohm and the 2008 draft...you might be a falcons fan

if the best reason you can think of for your team to win is "Any given sunday!" ......you might be a falcons fan

If you have to be cheerfully optimistic about the 3rd coming of joey harrington....you might be a falcons fan

If you think Roddy white, coming off his second CAREER 100 yard game, is suddenly a viable threat....you might be a falcons fan.

If you are talking seriously about brian brohm and the 2008 draft...you might be a falcons fan
Actually, that's not the best reason. It's just common knowledge that I used to remind the Texan fan where he once was. You give someone an inch, and they'll take a mile.

ADD...

If you think Deangelo Hall's $100k fine is enough punishment...you might be a Falcons fan.

If a former player of yours is the centerpiece of a town meeting...you might be a Falcons(or Giants) fan.

Seriously dude you should have started a thread like this. Hell each week you should start one, but only start with a one-liner, so you don't take all of the good ones.

If the guy who was the face of the franchise yesterday is tomorrow someone's B!tch ..... you might be a Falcons fan.

Lets put this in perspective, Pete has given up numbers to 3 main wide outs:

Reggie Wayne ( Elite wide out whos on the short list of top guys)
Marvin Harrison (1st ballot HOFer whos as good now as he was 3 years ago)
Steve Smith (the TOP of the short list)

Thats a rough 2 game stretch, your gonna give up plays. And, Smiths day wass a little blown up due to the long one at the end of the game. So, I think we may be alright. Not a cake walk, but ok.

Lets put this in perspective, Pete has given up numbers to 3 main wide outs:

Reggie Wayne ( Elite wide out whos on the short list of top guys)
Marvin Harrison (1st ballot HOFer whos as good now as he was 3 years ago)
Steve Smith (the TOP of the short list)

Thats a rough 2 game stretch, your gonna give up plays. And, Smiths day wass a little blown up due to the long one at the end of the game. So, I think we may be alright. Not a cake walk, but ok.

Agreed. Petey is a solid #2 so long as he isn't lined up with some of the most athletic WRs in the league (such as Harrison and Smith). I expect him to have a solid game against the Falcs.

Good point.Good Example:2005 Houston Texans.

The Falcons have not really been dominated. They've played 3 competitive games and are very upset at how last week transpired. They practically allowed a game to slip through their fingers and it's been on their mind since the clock read zeros. There is alot of talent on this team; a servicable quarterback with a 90.6 QB Rating and 70% completion percentage, an improving WR in Roddy White, a perennial Pro Bowl TE in Alge Crumpler, RBs like Jerious Norwood and Warrick Dunn, All-Pro FB in Ovie Muhelli, star (but big mouthed) CB in Hall, a dangerous DE in Abraham, etc. We have talent.

Than what do you call a 24-3 loss in Week 1 to another team with no quarterback (Minnesota)??? Does that fit your definition of competitive??? If so the Texans have always been competetive.... But I guess at 0-3 you got to look at any bright spot you can.... don't worry we've been there:panic:

Than what do you call a 24-3 loss in Week 1 to another team with no quarterback (Minnesota)??? Does that fit your definition of competitive??? If so the Texans have always been competetive.... But I guess at 0-3 you got to look at any bright spot you can.... don't worry we've been there:panic:
You'd have to see that game to know why I said that.

You'd have to see that game to know why I said that.

I'm sure you're a nice person on the inside, and sure, we can count that for something, but you haven't shown anyone why your team is going to win. You haven't done anything to better the reputation of Falcon fans. Honestly, go look at your MB's, objectivly, as if you were a Texan fan. Then you will know why your opinion and team are so highly thought of around here.

I'm sure you're a nice person on the inside, and sure, we can count that for something, but you haven't shown anyone why your team is going to win. You haven't done anything to better the reputation of Falcon fans. Honestly, go look at your MB's, objectivly, as if you were a Texan fan. Then you will know why your opinion and team are so highly thought of around here.
That's not why I came here. I'm not even convinced we'll win, so why on GOD's Earth would I try to convince someone else otherwise? I'm not here to better any reputation either. I don't think any Falcons fan gives a hoot about any perception and I certainly don't. This message board isn't much better either.

The one thing you will learn about Falcons fans is that most are really Vick fans and not fans of the team. They are also thug wannabe's who think they are tough and love to talk alot of trash.

The only fan worse I have ever seen are Steelers fans.

That is so shallow and stereotypical,I am 47 years old and have been a Falcon fan since 1968,I chose the Falcons,because my older brother was a Redskin fan.So you see junior there are lots of us before and will be after Vick.Come to think of it I was an NFL fan long before you folks were Texan fans and I`m from NC also like you:)

Well, like I said, MOST fans are fans of Vick and not the team. Can you deny that? I remember the year Vick broke his leg and the Falcons went into the can, people on the Falcons board were demanding refunds and claiming to burn their tickets. Yep, some great FALCONS fans there.

Yes there are some very good and loyal Falcons fans, but I would estimate they are in the minority, or would you are that?

BTW do not ASSUME people's ages and call people junior, I am 41 and far from a junior.

Point is the FALCONS as a team are a pretty good team who's 0-3 record IMO does not reflect on the way they have played, but hey, that is my OPINION.

Well, like I said, MOST fans are fans of Vick and not the team. Can you deny that? I remember the year Vick broke his leg and the Falcons went into the can, people on the Falcons board were demanding refunds and claiming to burn their tickets. Yep, some great FALCONS fans there.

Yes there are some very good and loyal Falcons fans, but I would estimate they are in the minority, or would you are that?

BTW do not ASSUME people's ages and call people junior, I am 41 and far from a junior.

Point is the FALCONS as a team are a pretty good team who's 0-3 record IMO does not reflect on the way they have played, but hey, that is my OPINION.

I certainly didn`t mean to disrespect your age.I guess people have a misconception that all our fans fall into the Vick Hugger category,We have our share and our fan-base is almost embarrassingly divided among Vick Huggers and true Falcon fans,I put myself in the latter category although I supported him while he was here.You guys have a good QB in Schaub and darn I wish we still had him.I come here in peace and not to be a trash talker ..and I apppreciate your compliments on my team and heres to one helluva` football game.with no injuries!

I would definately agree with you on the no injuries part.

I do believe this will be a much closer game than some think it will be. Atlanta is not as bad as the 0-3 record shows, and if not for Hall's total meltdown last week, I have no doubt they would have beaten the Panthers.

I still do believe the Texans will win, but think it will be by 7 points or less.

I feel embarrassed. Texans are known for being humble. After reading this the "texans poster" seems cocky. We aren't cowboys fans and shouldn't treat others like trash like they do. Show some class people and let our team show the rest on the field.
We know (or atleast I do) that there are always a bad apple in the basket. For the most part, you guys have class.

Did you guys REALLY expect anything even semi-intelligent out of Atlanta???
Atlanta is trying to take the "Thug Capital of America" title from New Orleans and Oakland. If ya don't believe me, check out one of their congresswomen.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/06/mckinney/index.html
I didn't click this link, but I'm curious as to why 1 person defines a city? There are areas in every city, and every state that is populated by the urban youth or thugs to be blunt. No reason to judge a city on perception. I've heard all kinds of redneck, country, and even some "H-Town" thug-ridden stereotypes about Houston. Does that mean Houston is below semi-intelligent?

Everyone, read this thread for a good laugh.

Here's what I read after the first three words of the first post:

"DUR DUR DUR DURRRRRRRRRR DUR DUR DURRRRRR DUR DUR."

Houstonians in general are very polite (southern hospitality and all...and yes, it is VERY noticable to me, a chicago native), but the OP in that thread basically baited the ATL fans, who responded in kind.

I think I would much rather throw ALL my energy behind the Texans than put any into trash-talking another team whose trash-talkers haven't brung the verbal heat since third grade.

How does it equate to the entire city? What kind of question is that?
Probably the same kind as "What's a Texican?".

It was a simple, easy-comprehensible question. This was about the city of Atlanta, and not school kids. I guess you came out of no where and decided to post an irrelevant stat (even though you failed to back it up).

I didn't click this link, but I'm curious as to why 1 person defines a city? There are areas in every city, and every state that is populated by the urban youth or thugs to be blunt. No reason to judge a city on perception. I've heard all kinds of redneck, country, and even some "H-Town" thug-ridden stereotypes about Houston. Does that mean Houston is below semi-intelligent?
That is why I posted the fact about Houston having a lower dropout rate than Atlanta. I read it a while ago (few weeks maybe), but you can put it in Google and find out.

And about Texican. Some word people like to use because they think everyone in Texas is Mexican.

[/b]That is why I posted the fact about Houston having a lower dropout rate than Atlanta. I read it a while ago (few weeks maybe), but you can put it in Google and find out.

And about Texican. Some word people like to use because they think everyone in Texas is Mexican.
Are you a selective reader?

I know what a Texican is, you were the one who asked.

[/b]That is why I posted the fact about Houston having a lower dropout rate than Atlanta. I read it a while ago (few weeks maybe), but you can put it in Google and find out.

Well? Aren't we? :)

This thread is ridiculous as to how many Falcons fans don't have an education.

These points need to be made.

1. I wouldn't be proud to be in the NFC while being 0-3. That just means your the worst of the worst.
2. Can you please think of an insult that hasn't been used ten million times in the past 10 years?
3. Last time I checked, Joey Harrington has been to 3 teams, all of which he hasn't lived up to the number 3 pick.
4. How many people have been to Houston, no one? Because hardly any of us talk "cowpoke", you'll find that up north in Dallas.
5. One decent game out of Joey Harrington and Falcons fans declare the second coming of Steve Bartkowski.

Oh, and The ATL, I gotta give you props for Cow Nuts for a hat. That was pretty good. What are ya'll going to wear on your heads after this season? Falcon poop? >.< Gross.

Believe me, there's no other Texan fan that wants ya'll (OMG I'M A HICK!!1) to win more...just not this week... And, er, any week in the past and future that Micheal Vick starts.

My response to http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=271665.

[/b]

In Houston, if you aren’t Latino or Oriental you are part of the minority.
tongue.gif

Back