Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

ESPN Draft Chat

I like this one in the current chat with Matt Williamson from Scouts, Inc.

Mike(Utica,NY)
Is Reggie Bush nothing more than a hyped up Dave Meggett? I don't think he's ever going to learn to run the ball and he also leads the league in fumbles and dropped passes.

MATT WILLIAMSON
That is about right. Eric Metcalf. Can't compare to someone like Westbrook. NEEDS a McAlister type back there with him. Speed is not enough at this level.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/index

I like this one in the current chat with Matt Williamson from Scouts, Inc.

Mike(Utica,NY)
Is Reggie Bush nothing more than a hyped up Dave Meggett? I don't think he's ever going to learn to run the ball and he also leads the league in fumbles and dropped passes.

MATT WILLIAMSON
That is about right. Eric Metcalf. Can't compare to someone like Westbrook. NEEDS a McAlister type back there with him. Speed is not enough at this level.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/index

I liked it as well, I posted to one of the Bush threads.

Intersting RB stuff, from the above link:

Jason (Orlando): About what round would UCF's Kevin Smith get drafted if he comes out this year? (assuming the other top juniors leave as well) Is he a better prospect than Slaton or Rice?

Steve Muench: (2:17 PM ET ) I'm gald you bring Smith up Jason because he hasn't been talked about enough. I want to look at more film of him but I've watched a couple tapes already and my initial reaction is he is a better prospect than Rice and arguablty Slaton. He has an upright running style but he's deceptively strong, he does a great job of settingh his blocks up and he shows a good burst when he gets into the open field. If he comes out this year, I think he could go as high as late in the first round. I also think he could go far earlier if he returns to school and develops his receiving as well as pas blocking skills a little more.

More, LTs this time:

Tim (Houston, Tx): How do you rank the LT prospects?

Steve Muench: (2:19 PM ET ) My top five are Michigan's Jake Long, USC's Sam Baker, Ohio State's Alex Boone, Boise State's Ryan Clady and Boston College's Gosder Cherilus. Cherilus' stock, however, has been dropping in recent weeks.

Back