Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Endzones!! (again)

RTP2110

All Pro
I know a lot of us (especially me) would like to see the blue endzones back. But here's a new thought. Do you think one endzone should read Houston and the other endzone read Texans?

The blue endzones caused two problems.

1. With the limited sunlight the grass receives in the stadium, the blue paint accelerated the deterioration of the grass by blocking even more of the sunlight.

2. When the grass trays were switched, any previously blue endzone pieces that were located to other portions of the field left a faint blue square on the field.

I can't see the grass trays lasting too much longer. There were 3 football games played at Reliant this weekend, 2 high school games and a college game. It takes quite a bit of time to change trays in and out, so I assume a majority of that field has been inside Reliant all weekend.

Opening day will look great because the trays in there now will be removed and replaced with the field that's been sitting along Fannin in the sun and rain. But if there's going to be 3 or 4 football games being played there every weekend, that grass is going to start looking pretty bad by mid-season.

Not to mention the labor and upkeep. I drove by a couple of weeks ago and there were 5 18-wheelers having pallets loaded onto them to carry to the stadium. It takes a long time to switch the pallets out. So long that they only had time to swith out the middle strip of the field last year after a college game that was played on Saturday and before the Texans game the following day.

Back