Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Ed Reed released

If Reeds comments didn't shed light on the sorry state of affairs in Texans land then our franchise WR, marching off the field in the manner he did, certainly has.

We are slap stick comedy along side the Jets, Jaguars and Bucs...:clown:

:coffee:

Not something to aspire to.

Say what you want about Reed's time here, but this dude is saying a lot of things that have been on my mind for some time.

He sucked here. There's no doubt about it. But he's right on about the organizational and coaching problems that we have here. The fact that he sucked doesn't change that.

Say what you want about Reed's time here, but this dude is saying a lot of things that have been on my mind for some time.

He sucked here. There's no doubt about it. But he's right on about the organizational and coaching problems that we have here. The fact that he sucked doesn't change that.

And the fact that we have huge coaching and organization issues, doesn't change that he sucks!

Used to be a big Ed Reed fan ...

... but now, the guy is just embarrassing himself. He's lashing out in a very low-rent, cheesy way. Regardless of how bad a fit he was for "Wade's system", Reed played terrible - terrible for any system. He did not tackle, got beat in coverage, made 0 plays of any kind. He also failed to do anything with his influence - other than to divide, disrupt and create drama. Even after this latest rant, it is still difficult to tell what specific issues he has with "Wade's system" or the Texans -- other than Wade did not kiss his a55. The bottom line, after it is all said and done is that Ed Reed sucked as a safety. Now, he's trying to save his reputation from the reality that he stole $5,000,000.00+ from the Texans organization.

Really **** Ed Reed. **** him.

That said, what Reed is saying isn't the embarrassing part. It's the fact that we rolled out the red carpet...made a spectacle of it all...put the man in the owners jet.

But really, there is probably some truth in what he's saying.

I'm pretty sure McNair was embarrassed sitting up in the suite with two former presidents and all his people and seeing his stadium turn into a clown show filled with boos and disgust. Having players walk off the field.

I know McNair had to do a woo sah to calm down.

Really **** Ed Reed. **** him.

That said, what Reed is saying isn't the embarrassing part. It's the fact that we rolled out the red carpet...made a spectacle of it all...put the man in the owners jet.

But really, there is probably some truth in what he's saying.

I'm pretty sure McNair was embarrassed sitting up in the suite with two former presidents and all his people and seeing his stadium turn into a clown show filled with boos and disgust. Having players walk off the field.

I know McNair had to do a woo sah to calm down.

Absolutely ... the most embarrassing thing about the Ed Reed mess is how the Texan's brass rolled out the red carpet and treated him like football royalty - with the owner's jet ... etc.

I am also sure there is some truth somewhere in his vague criticisms of Wade and the Texans in general.

But ... shame on Ed Reed for the way he has handled everything in this ridiculous saga -- from the time he was recruited, to his failure to disclose his hip condition ... to going and having surgery on his own ... to the way he played ... to the way he left. Shame on the Texans and shame on Ed Reed.

Other than generic slamming, what exactly was he "right on" about? There hasn't been anything reported specific enough to judge.

All things considered, is there any wonder why Phillips showed up in person to confirm Reed's departure? Why is it so hard for Reed to acknowledge that he didn't deliver his end of the deal?

Other than generic slamming, what exactly was he "right on" about? There hasn't been anything reported specific enough to judge.

In his initial rant after the Arizona game he talked about how the staff wouldn't listen to him on the sideline. Remember the "I know football" and "I may be old, but not stupid" portion of that rant?

He explicitly stated how he would go to the coaches during the game with stuff that he saw and they would just ignore him. That kind of jives with what we see with our defense. We routinely get exploited late in the game because we don't make adjustments. Then you have a future HOF Safety on the sideline telling you what he sees out there and you just ignore him. Then you send him and Brice McCain right back out there to cover guys man-to-man that they have no chance of covering.

In his initial rant after the Arizona game he talked about how the staff wouldn't listen to him on the sideline. Remember the "I know football" and "I may be old, but not stupid" portion of that rant?

He explicitly stated how he would go to the coaches during the game with stuff that he saw and they would just ignore him. That kind of jives with what we see with our defense. We routinely get exploited late in the game because we don't make adjustments. Then you have a future HOF Safety on the sideline telling you what he sees out there and you just ignore him. Then you send him and Brice McCain right back out there to cover guys man-to-man that they have no chance of covering.

Ding ding ding...

In his initial rant after the Arizona game he talked about how the staff wouldn't listen to him on the sideline. Remember the "I know football" and "I may be old, but not stupid" portion of that rant?...

In other words nothing. Look, I am not saying he didn't have a legitimate beef with the Texans. But we don't know enough to judge who was right. For all we know he was saying to leave him in centerfield and have DJ drop into the box more often.

Ding ding ding...

Join in with some actual details bell ringer.

In other words nothing. Look, I am not saying he didn't have a legitimate beef with the Texans. But we don't know enough to judge who was right. For all we know he was saying to leave him in centerfield and have DJ drop into the box more often.

Maybe. But a guy with his pedigree........I think he was saying more than that.

If we as fans can see a few things from the stands or on TV, then I assume a future HOF'er that's been in the league for 15 years can see it too.

Good. Let's here it, Ed...

If there's an organizational problem Ed needs to puke it out to the world.

His mouth can't hurt the Texans. Might help.

I've got mixed feelings. I'd like to know what's really going on, as I suspect play-calling is an issue. It doesn't make sense for Jjo to be playing worse than he ever played for Cincinnati, or Kj to appear to take steps back, or for McCain to be starting over Brandon Harris.

I've been feeling that Wade is calling his defense out of sync on purpose. Our guys are expecting one thing & they're constantly seeing something totally different, which is causing them to be out of position & beat.

I was hoping after the Arizona game he wouldn't want to be a head coach anymore. He sounded so broken in the press conferences & doing the Gary Kubiak show.

It's stupid, though. Can't shake reputations once they're built. I refuse to allow that **** to happen to the Texans.

The Texans are way down on my priority list of things to worry about. Everything will turn around eventually in time. Probably won't be this year though. The whole organization needs a good house cleaning.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ed-reed-says-wade-phillips-122700430--nfl.html

Ed speaks
"That defense is not a good fit for a lot of people who is still down there, so it wasn't just about me," Reed said. "People might feel a certain way, like, 'Ed did this and Ed didn't do things on the football field.' But you've got to look at the playcaller. People don't know how the schematic part of it goes. You have to put your players in position to make plays as well, from a coaching perspective."

Spoken like a true champion. Ed did a lot of talking....

Reed is hoping to be the last piece Houston needs.

"I've watched these guys so many times," Reed said. "I've played against them, I know what this team has, I know what this organization has. I know what I'm coming into, as far as the mentality. There's a goal that's been set, from top to bottom. I come in just for that, I come in to play championship football."

Gulp....

Reed said Texans general manager Rick Smith called him on the first day of free agency and the Texans were his first choice from that point on.

"I think we both knew, just from the conversation, how things were going and how this would work," Reed said. "It just was a matter of time with getting it done."

Its all farts and giggles in the offseason Ed.....

As he leaves our fair city and says disparaging things about the coaching staff all I can remember is the time when as a Raven he faced off against Hines Ward and Hines broke his jaw...have a nice life jackass.

As he leaves our fair city and says disparaging things about the coaching staff all I can remember is the time when as a Raven he faced off against Hines Ward and Hines broke his jaw...have a nice life jackass.

That was actually Keith Rivers of the Bengals although Ed and Hines have had their 'meetings'....

Have lost any respect I had for the man.

I lost it about 2 years ago when he started bitching about his contract saying the Ravens had 'disrespected' him....then he started the whole 'will he retire or wont he' BS in the offseason....it was ridiculous.

I lost it about 2 years ago when he started bitching about his contract saying the Ravens had 'disrespected' him....then he started the whole 'will he retire or wont he' BS in the offseason....it was ridiculous.

Damn. And after all that, the Houston Texans go ahead and overpay the guy, trot him back to Houston on the owner's private jet, have the owner publicly call out the current leadership by saying Ed Reed will teach them how to have balls against Tom Brady, and then spin all the bad news about his injuries to the fans like business as usual.

**** Ed Reed and **** the dip****s that signed him as a savior. This season is a freakin' fiasco from top to bottom. At least the last abysmal season could still be attributed to being an expansion team. Now, 12 seasons after the inauguration and 8 years of Kubiak, the only thing to attribute it to is incompetence.

Why? You LIKE this sideshow bull****? I don't. All these distractions have turned us into a ****ing clown show. If I wanted that, I'd be an Eagles, Jets, Cowboys, or Raiders fan.

I think you have the order backwards..

The ****ing clown show (which is what this team/coaching staff is) is what has now created the distractions.

After listening to Reed's classless approach to his remarks, and then listening to Wade's response when asked about them, Reed's remarks became immensely more classless.

I would have to reply to Reed that Wade did exactly what he has always done.......giving the player and the team the best chance to succeed..........by putting him on a plane..........:texflag:

I would have to reply to Reed that Wade did exactly what he has always done.......giving the player and the team the best chance to succeed..........by putting him on a plane..........:texflag:

Yep. As I have said a couple times, the Texans were outcoached when they signed Ed Reed and every time they played him. They were outplayed every time he set foot on the field.

After listening to Reed's classless approach to his remarks, and then listening to Wade's response when asked about them, Reed's remarks became immensely more classless.

I heard Wade's full reply, and I cannot help but like the guy. Dude is a chip off the ol' block, and he's got more class in his pinky than Ed could even begin to imagine.

I think Reed might be attempting to distance his career from the 2-8 Texans, but Wade nailed it without having to elaborate. You represent yourself with reactions to situations that you're involved in.

I've only got one message for Ed Reed at this point:

Warm-Cup-of-STFU.jpg

I still find it humorous that some folks think Ed Reed revealed anything that we didn't already know. As to Ed Reed, good riddance is all I can say. He's the Jets problem now.

Damn. And after all that, the Houston Texans go ahead and overpay the guy, trot him back to Houston on the owner's private jet, have the owner publicly call out the current leadership by saying Ed Reed will teach them how to have balls against Tom Brady, and then spin all the bad news about his injuries to the fans like business as usual.

**** Ed Reed and **** the dip****s that signed him as a savior. This season is a freakin' fiasco from top to bottom. At least the last abysmal season could still be attributed to being an expansion team. Now, 12 seasons after the inauguration and 8 years of Kubiak, the only thing to attribute it to is incompetence.

Rex Ryan signs ER because "we've given up too many long balls".....

Well who did Jacoby Jones beat on that 66yd TD pass into a 25 mph wind?

Ed Reed.....http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000286864/Week-12-Ravens-vs-Jets-highlights

The Steeler/Ravens game means less now that neither of them is suiting up.

Means a TON- records tied, steelers hold head to head advantage and both teams are 1 game out of 6th playoff spot. Ravens have better conference record.

Thanksgiving night? gonna be a dogfight.....

Back