Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

I feel that we don't have as good of a shot at signing Reed as I did earlier today, but it's still a shot nonetheless. I'm wondering who else they have targeted and if they have been in contact with those players.

Think of it this way.....

Did we have a plan B when Bodden Orlando Pace'd us? Nope.

Why would we now?

It'll be "Nothing to see here, folks...we didn't get our man but we still have the draft and other later free agency options to sort through."

Why would we now?

It'll be "Nothing to see here, folks...we didn't get our man but we still have the draft and other later free agency options to sort through."

They did have a plan when Aso didn't sign, and they have shown interest in Woodson as well. We shall see though.

Why would we now?

And long-term those positions worked out better not worse for not signing those guys.

I can't tell you how many times we have re-opened Brennan's of Houston afterhours. I mean... I have gotten calls to come in at 3am because an important guest was coming in because he had a hunkering for turtle soup after a club run. All just for one guest.

Thank you. Cafe Annie closed off their entire back room (which was big enough for a fair sized wedding reception) for us one evening for one table of about 12 (very mafia feeling, one table in the middle of a big room) and we stayed into the wee hours. Nobody is kicking these cats out and potentially losing the business of Schaub bringing the OL in for a weekly dinner, etc.

Yeah my sources are telling me that Hampton is also at this restaurant where they're wining and dining Ed Reed. Apparently Rick Smith walked over and offered him a contract plus free life time supply of steak. Hampton then signed the contract with ketchup and rode his horse back home.

I didn't know Budweiser relocated the clydesdales to Houston. If KC signes with us that would make a good smilie: KC on a squished clydesdale.

CAPTAIN DEE FENSE
6 hours ago ·
Wednesday 14 March - 7;48pm

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Ravens S Ed Reed spoke today like a man saying goodbye to Baltimore. Every sign now points to him getting done a deal in Houston on Friday.
Like·Comment
17 61

CAPTAIN DEE FENSE
6 hours ago ·
Wednesday 14 March - 7;48pm

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Ravens S Ed Reed spoke today like a man saying goodbye to Baltimore. Every sign now points to him getting done a deal in Houston on Friday.
Like·Comment
17 61

That was 6 hours ago. Schefter was on Sportscenter about an hour or so ago and said it is only 50/50 percent chance now that he ends up in Houston.

That was 6 hours ago. Schefter was on Sportscenter about an hour or so ago and said it is only 50/50 percent chance now that he ends up in Houston.

So in other words he doesn't know.

I have a gut feeling the deal is done but there is something else at play here. Another signing will be announced along side the Reed announcement tomorrow.

CSN's Reed Interview

Some pretty good stuff here........ sounds like a guy who is really close to pulling the trigger.

Pay attention to the Andre interview underneath that as well. Said he called Reed right after the Super Bowl and pitched Houston, and that he "put the bug" in the ear of the Front Office that Reed was interested.

Last edited:
Sounded like him being a Texan has already happened.

Already watching film....... granted this stuff happens all the time, but it does sound like the writing is on the wall with the way he's talking. Reed may be trying to recruit some other free agents in the process tomorrow or the next few days too. That's kind of more what it sounded like to me than him trying to make up his mind.

Word on the street is Ed Reed just announced he's a Texan at Pub Fiction.

I thought you were joking but there really are people on twitter saying this apparently. Pub Fiction just seems like a weird place to take Ed Reed if you're AJ. Don't buy it, but it would be hilarious if McClain and Schefter were beat to the scoop by a bunch of drunk kids.

Last edited:
Sounded like him being a Texan has already happened.

"Here I am" when he said that, it made me feel good inside. I don't know what it is about Ed Reed, but if he was in the secondary I would be significantly calmer when we are about to play Brady, or Manning in prime time.

Adam Schefter @ AdamSchefter
One person in know said it's "50-50 at
best" that Ed Reed signs in Houston. A
return to Balt. still possible. SF and
IND loom as longshots.

For the love of all that is holy, please check the thread before posting. You're about eight pages late, this has been posted at least ten times already.

We need to temper our enthusiasm on this. It's just a sit-down, it's just dinner, and some mushy words from Ed and his hostage negotiator (financial advisor). Think about it.

According to the Houston Media, sounds like we shouldn't be excited at all. The guys on the radio are saying Ed's washed up.

I also think some negotiating may be left to be made as far as Reed working out here in Houston instead of back in Miami.

I don't know why this would be such a big deal. Andre used to do it & as far as I know, it was his decision to start working out with the team. I'd have to believe if there was some camaraderie there in the locker room, he would naturally want to be here. If it's just a job, not so much. Either way is fine.

You'd like for that camaraderie to be there, but it doesn't make sense to force it. jmo.

By now AJ and Reed are out looking at futons. Ed will need a place to crash at. Why not stay w AJ? Hahaha. Millionaires futon shopping.

For the love of all that is holy, please check the thread before posting. You're about eight pages late, this has been posted at least ten times already.
Did you know that Adam Schefter tweeted that Ed Reed signing with the Texans is 50/50 at best. That's The Adam Schedter with an official tweet.

BTW, The General, John McClain, said on NFL AM this morning that he didn't think Reed was leaving Houston without a contract. But, he didn't tweet it, so I'm not sure if it counts.

Man I'm just ready to find out officially. This waiting around shyte is for the birds...needa know sumthin like yesterday. I'm also thinking Eric Winston is on his way back from other news blogs..but hell what do they know.

Just heard on the radio that New England is still an option and might get involved. Of course a return to Baltimore is not been ruled out. Looks like San Fran had interest I don't know how much remains.

Thats quite a bit of love from some pretty good teams for a washed up has been can't do anything safety.

Just heard on the radio that New England is still an option and might get involved. Of course a return to Baltimore is not been ruled out. Looks like San Fran had interest I don't know how much remains.

Thats quite a bit of love from some pretty good teams for a washed up has been can't do anything safety.

If belichick is involved. We're screwed.

Not being negative but why wouldn't he check his options. Go to SF, NE, etc and see how Baltimore reacts. He probably is torn with family there and at the same time is looking for contender/money.

I don't know why this would be such a big deal. Andre used to do it & as far as I know, it was his decision to start working out with the team. I'd have to believe if there was some camaraderie there in the locker room, he would naturally want to be here. If it's just a job, not so much. Either way is fine.

You'd like for that camaraderie to be there, but it doesn't make sense to force it. jmo.

Didn't say it was a big deal. Sometimes small things/deals still need to be ironed out or agreed to though before someone wants to commit.

I'm thinking if we don't hear something in the next hour or so, he's moving on to San Fran & won't be coming back.

I sure hope we're not using all our collective energy on this deal. They're probably not, but with no word of any other visits or contact it's beginning to make me wonder.

IMO, there's no way we can trot out rookie starters at multiple spots this season. OLB, ILB, WR, NT and possibly CB

I sure hope we're not using all our collective energy on this deal. They're probably not, but with no word of any other visits or contact it's beginning to make me wonder.

IMO, there's no way we can trot out rookie starters at multiple spots this season. OLB, ILB, WR, NT and possibly CB

We're not going to. You're forgetting the June 1st cuts and the training camp cuts. We'll find a vet.

Enough that they'll have egg on their face for going so public in courting Reed. Wondering if some at Texans HQ are beginning to think they've been taken for a ride.

Hopefully the delay is for an afternoon press conference. Makes sense.

You bring a player like Ed reed to Houston, and a regular old tweet doesn't really do it justice.

Enough that they'll have egg on their face for going so public in courting Reed. Wondering if some at Texans HQ are beginning to think they've been taken for a ride.

Get with the program. As stated by TheApplePie....

Young(ish) safeties with upside like Delmas, Phillips, and LaRon Landry have already been signed yet the Texans are still entertaining Old Man River?

This reeks of another Asomugha or Bodden fiasco. The Texans are getting played. Again. And again... which is business as usual for an NFL team. Us fans are too emotionally attached.

Hopefully the delay is for an afternoon press conference. Makes sense.

You bring a player like Ed reed to Houston, and a regular old tweet doesn't really do it justice.

possible...people are buging...last year with mario it took a couple of days before he officially signed.....him "waiting" for his fiance was just stalling type stuff. If Reed's still here, chances are thier just ironing out a few things.

Ed Reed leaving town after wasting Rick's time and Bob McNair's jet fuel just to come down and hang out with 'Dre for a night.
images

Why? Worry about injury?

yes and age... i realise hes gonna bring playmaking ability, confidence and experience but can he still cover TE's etc (or can manning) and tackle like GQ did. hes gonna be a different type safety for sure. GQ was a very good all rounder but not much of a ballhawk. il wait until i see the numbers until my final opinion

yes and age... i realise hes gonna bring playmaking ability, confidence and experience but can he still cover TE's etc (or can manning) and tackle like GQ did. hes gonna be a different type safety for sure. GQ was a very good all rounder but not much of a ballhawk. il wait until i see the numbers until my final opinion

He still looks really good in the play-off game against the Colts I rewatched last night. Always where he's supposed to be, and didn't miss any tackle (even though according to PFF, he missed quite a few during the year.)

I also saw him breaking off the receiver he was covering (running with) in the middle to jump a side line route and almost intercepted the ball.

I was watching the CC game when I fell asleep, but at least through the first half, he looks pretty good with no mistake.

I don't recall him making any mistake in the SB either.

Ed Reed leaving town after wasting Rick's time and Bob McNair's jet fuel just to come down and hang out with 'Dre for a night.
images

If Ed Reed did end up leaving, then that would make to Duane Brown's tweet last night of "Enjoy the dinner, LOL.." and Chris Myers' tweet of "ha ha ha" expose that Ed and certain people, such as Duane and Chris, knew it was nothing more than a freebie for Ed.

Thoughts?

Back