Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Earthwind and Fire Baby!

Wolf

100% Texan
seriously though

HOUSTON TEXANS: TE Ben Steele and CB Chris McKenzie placed on injured reserve. RB Nick Luchey re-signed. CB Earthwind Moreland signed.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/192400

not much stats to look at..

can't find a draft bio on him

he is like 5'10 186 pounds out of georgia southern

http://originwww.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=30713

Played in 52 games with 42 starts for Georgia Southern after joining the team as a walk-on … Helped to lead the Eagles to a cumulative 37-6 record and three consecutive Southern Conference titles … Earned third-team All-America honors from The Sports Network as a senior in 1999 … Also earned first-team all-conference honors as he recorded 32 tackles and six pass deflections … He started all 15 games and Georgia Southern claimed the NCAA Division I-AA championship … As a junior, started 14 games and earned an all-conference nod while totaling 33 tackles, three interceptions, six pass deflections, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery … Returned one of his interceptions 62 yards for a touchdown.

Also found that his 40 time in college was a 4.4.

I remember him playing for the Patriots a few years ago. Don't know if he did much, I just remember him for his name.

Hopefully i will remeber this guy for much more than his name when the season starts if he makes the team.

Hutch13 said:
Hopefully i will remeber this guy for much more than his name when the season starts if he makes the team.

Unfortunately, you may not.............

From the Most Valuable Network (Sunday, January 30, 2005):
Earthwind Moreland, named after the 1970’s band Earth, Wind and Fire because his mother loved the band at the time, has been very sketchy all season long. Instead of his common “Fire” nickname (Earthwind “Fire” Moreland), I like to call him Earthwind “I don’t look at the ball so I always get called for pass interference” Moreland. Does that sum it up at all?

A guy that has been better than Moreland, has been wide receiver Troy Brown. Yes, wide receiver Troy Brown. Brown, who has covered only slot wide receivers all season long, has been a very sturdy cornerback over the season. He has a knack for getting to the ball but seems to make too much contact–probably because he’s received the same type of contact for 12 seasons. But what surprises me is Brown’s tackling ability; it’s pretty darn good. I don’t think I’ve seen him miss one sure tackle yet over the course of the season.

Ever think about how everybody in the stadium is watching the ball, except the one guy who's supposed to knock it down. :)

Back