Drafted at #8

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Aiden, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Aiden

Aiden Rookie

Ronnie Lott was once drafted #8. :dance2:

I'm on the draft LaRon Landry bandwagon.

Just a thought but why are the Texans getting flak for taking Mario Williams over Reggie/Vince when Tony Mandarich was drafted one spot before Barry Sanders? That was a bad pick for the Packers and they passed up a Michael Jordan. Mario still is going to develop into a nice impact defensive player.

2. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

Mario wasn't as loved by the media as Reggie and Vince. Then there are people who think that Reggie or Vince will outperform Mario.

Me, I just find it interesting that the two positions getting the most attention this offseason are the two that could have been filled last year with Reggie or Vince.

Kaiser Toro likes this.
  3. rollinstone18

rollinstone18 let it bleed

eh, that's not very interesting at all. Reggie isn't an every down back, Vince is still an unpolished QB, they haven't guaranteed their value as NFL players in one season. Had we drafted one we'd still need a QB or RB, DE, DT, FS, CB, LT, and C going into the offseason.

4. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

If we drafted reggie, we'd be clamoring for resigning dayne...or drafting a big guy like Michael bush in the second rd...that'd be cool..bush and bush..lol

If we drafted Vince, we'd still be talking about running back, and how our defense sux...demeco wouldn't have won DROY last year in all likelihood because we would have had a healthier yet not as good DE in place of mario. We'd be needing two DE's still instead of us talking about 1, we'd probably need all 4 DL positions filled.

Ronnie Lott is Laron Landry's Idol and who he aspires to be. I would love to have a ronnie lott on this team.