Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Dont blame Casserly

Goldeagle

Veteran
Not entirely.

We all know McNair and Kubiak along with Reeves had final says in this draft. I scored this draft a D+ but this year I wont blame Cass for the whole debacle.

Goldeagle said:
We all know McNair and Kubiak along with Reeves had final says in this draft. I scored this draft a D+ but this year I wont blame Cass for the whole debacle.

Reeves is no longer under contract to the team. Hasn't been for a while. So I'm not sure we all know anything but the end result. The speculation that Casserly is on his way out, and had little to do with #1 overall pick seems valid. The draft board had a lot to do with the player rankings by CC's scouting staff so I suspect he was involved to a point.

aj. said:
Reeves is no longer under contract to the team. Hasn't been for a while. So I'm not sure we all know anything but the end result. The speculation that Casserly is on his way out, and had little to do with #1 overall pick seems valid. The draft board had a lot to do with the player rankings by CC's scouting staff so I suspect he was involved to a point.

I heard Reeves on one of the draft shows, and it sounded like if he would have had any input at all, then he would have picked Vince Young. So I would think he hasn't been around the Texans office for a while.

From what I have heard, Kubiak and McNair were both big on Williams. Think about it, Denver pumped out quality RB's like a machine. They struggled to find quality D-linemen and corners. It isn't difficult to see Kubiak's fingerprints on this.

Kubiak said it was all his decision at the press conference. I have no reason to believe otherwise, so I accept this as the truth. I'm sure he had lots of input from everyone, but as the head coach, he took control and sounds like he's putting himself out there to be responsible for the pick.

Back