Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dom Davis/Williams plans comeback in 2007

I dont think we have enough depth on what we have right now. I still think we need to go with what kubes is saying that we need more play makers, I look for them to draft a rb in the first day.

I didn't say anything about right off the bat success. TD was a late round pick, Priest Holmes, Willie Parker.....both undrafted. Let's not be so quick to give up on him or bury him at #3 on the depth chart in 2007.

And for every Terrell Davis, Priest Holmes and Willie Parker there are hundreds of undrafted free agent running backs that don't amount to anything in the NFL yet you are here trying to sell us the idea that Chris Taylor is some special player that should lead our rushing attack. Are you Chris Taylor himself or his agent? :hmmm:

Cut Gado and Davis/Williams 1st up before you do anything obv, even I can work that part out logically. Then go after either a RB through FA or draft a stud like AP. Until we do that and work on the QB position we are going to be the laughing stock of the NFL and the AFC South espec...

And for every Terrell Davis, Priest Holmes and Willie Parker there are hundreds of undrafted free agent running backs that don't amount to anything in the NFL yet you are here trying to sell us the idea that Chris Taylor is some special player that should lead our rushing attack. Are you Chris Taylor himself or his agent? :hmmm:

Just a Texan and Chris Taylor fan. But I'd love to be his agent.

I'll be surprised if he isn't cut a week from now.

So long, Dom ... your career was great while your knees lasted. You were a good back and I wish you nothing but the best.

Depending on who we draft I think we will see more of Chris Taylor this year. Of course I said that last year too. My understanding regarding his lack of PT last year is that he had trouble hanging onto the ball in practice and demonstrated obvious vision problems at times. However he is a good combination of speed and power and I think he began to come on strong at the end of last year and will only get better going forward.

No. Not unsatisfied with everyone but would like something new and a narrow down. Not sure who though because we cycled so much it's hard to tell who may spark. especially once their gone.

Depending on who we draft I think we will see more of Chris Taylor this year. Of course I said that last year too. My understanding regarding his lack of PT last year is that he had trouble hanging onto the ball in practice and demonstrated obvious vision problems at times. However he is a good combination of speed and power and I think he began to come on strong at the end of last year and will only get better going forward.

And if everyone recalls, this board had just about anointed Lundy as the next best thing after his pre-season. Let's be honest, Taylor is fast, but hasn't demonstrated all the necessary skills to be an every down back on this team last year. If he did, I am sure Kubiak wouldn't have waited as long as he did to utilize him, especially since they were searching for a RB that could produce.

He is a nice player, but I don't see Taylor, Gado, and Lundy all on this roster next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new guy come in and Gado goes, Taylor goes to practice squad, and Dayne comes back.

the reason taylor didnt get put in earlier was bc of fumbling problems. As i recall Tiki Barbor also had a fumbling problem at first... Just something to think about.

I'll be surprised if he isn't cut a week from now.

So long, Dom ... your career was great while your knees lasted. You were a good back and I wish you nothing but the best.

My understanding is Dom and Wong will probably be allowed to start shopping FA Friday, but will not officially be cut until June (July?) 1st, so that we can spread the cap hit out over several years.

My understanding is Dom and Wong will probably be allowed to start shopping FA Friday, but will not officially be cut until June (July?) 1st, so that we can spread the cap hit out over several years.

That's what I've heard as well. We'll see if it pans out.

I don't think Dom will find a big market for a running back with no knees.

I had a much diff impression of taylor than it appears others here do. The guy had fumblitis in pre-season and didnt practice well. He had 1 avg game [99 yds] against the 2nd worst run defense [Cleveland]. Not sure how that translates to being an up and coming star at RB. IMO like ive said before about most things - people tend to play the way they practice and thus why Taylor never saw the field much. IF he works hard this offseason and comes into camp strong and practices hard I could see him as ac3rd option currently until he shows hes got more than 1 or 2 good moves and can hang on to the ball for a few games.

IMO it will be RB by committee again next year - seems to be the growing trend in the NFL lately

I expect Domanick to be back at least to training camp. He has said he's "close to 100%" and his rehab is said to be going nicely. It would be nice if he can get back to where he was before but time will tell. I'm optomistic.

I expect Domanick to be back at least to training camp. He has said he's "close to 100%" and his rehab is said to be going nicely. It would be nice if he can get back to where he was before but time will tell. I'm optomistic.

I just don't see how anyone can rehab when the reported injury was bone on bone. Cartiladge doesn't grow back and any high impact exercise ( like carrying a football in an NFL game) would only re-injue those knees and that very quickly. The pain would be intense. In My opinion, it would be a miracle if he comes back. I'm afraid the Texans need to go for a young every down back in the draft or FA.

Whats going on w/D Williams? I'm assuming the Texans are sort of in a similar position the Astros are with Clemens.
Are they going forward w/the thought the Williams might not return, hence the A. Green pickup? What about all the talk w/the name change, the number change, a fresh start this year??.... Is the dude coming back or not? Also, is he under contract? If so, how long?

If Daynes is re-signed, thats Dayne, Gado, Lundy, Taylor, Williams, and Green @ RB. Not a bad problem to have i'm just wondering what their strategy is.....

Whats going on w/D Williams? I'm assuming the Texans are sort of in a similar position the Astros are with Clemens.
Are they going forward w/the thought the Williams might not return, hence the A. Green pickup? What about all the talk w/the name change, the number change, a fresh start this year??.... Is the dude coming back or not? Also, is he under contract? If so, how long?

If Daynes is re-signed, thats Dayne, Gado, Lundy, Taylor, Williams, and Green @ RB. Not a bad problem to have i'm just wondering what their strategy is.....

They are going to move Taylor at QB bc maybe fans will think he is VY bc he is fast, Williams will be our center just in case we try a fumble ruskie, green Starting tail back, and Dayne our Full back. Im not sure where Gado will fit in at.

They are going to move Taylor at QB bc maybe fans will think he is VY bc he is fast, Williams will be our center just in case we try a fumble ruskie, green Starting tail back, and Dayne our Full back. Im not sure where Gado will fit in at.

Ugh, you dropped out of rehab again didn't you.

I have a feeling with the Green pick up the rumors DD is being let loose in June may come true.

At least a couple of those guys won't be here next year. No offense to anyone, but my guess is Taylor and Williams.

Back