Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dolphins may trade or release Culpepper

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
http://charlotte.com/129/story/87933.html

snippet:
The continuing face-lift to the Dolphins' roster is about to undergo its biggest nip and tuck yet when quarterback Daunte Culpepper is either traded or released in the coming months.

Even as the Dolphins continue working toward acquiring not one but two quarterbacks before April is out, Culpepper's days with the team have become numbered according to those within the organization with knowledge of the situation.

The Dolphins are still trying to acquire Trent Green from Kansas City, and although there is no timetable for that to happen, it is likely some movement will happen by the April 28-29 draft.

The Dolphins also hope to pick a quarterback in that draft, with general manager Randy Mueller saying Sunday he believes the 2007 quarterback draft class is, "a good group," and that "five or six guys are first-day worthy."

Man, the mighty fall fast in the NFL, don't they? I can't believe he's on the move again already - is he broken?

Man, the mighty fall fast in the NFL, don't they? I can't believe he's on the move again already - is he broken?

His injury from the 2005 season is still not healed. The dolphins screwed up putting all their faith in a player coming back so quickly from such a devastating injury. Sabin seriously screwed up on that one and then by also getting Harrington and now they will have nothing to show for either QB.

Just a quick recap on the Dolphins attempts to land a starting QB:

2005 - A.J. Feeley (2nd rounder, traded to San Diego w/ 6th round pick for Cleo Lemon )
2006 - Duante Culpepper (2nd rounder, could be released)
2006 - Joey Harrington (6th rounder, released)
2007? - Trent Green (Chiefs are asking for a 2nd, will probably be less)
2007? - Brady Quinn (Even if the Dolphins land Green they are expected to draft a QB for the future in the first day)

Not a very productive use of picks.

If I cared enough about the Dolphins to visit their message boards, I wonder how many of them will be hyperventilating after he's cut, saying things like "OMG, our front office stinks...Detroit got a 6th round pick for Harrington and we had a guy who lit it up in Minnesota and we got NOTHING for him?! OMG OMG OMG wah wah market value boo hoo."

(Never mind...maybe it was another team's forum where I read tripe like that.)

Miami cut Harrington already and got nothing for him. So they're broken in already. Way to go, Nick Casserly...I mean Charlie Saban. Fine mess you left. Enjoy your stay in your new home, where they apparently have more money than sports knowledge.

Its the curse of Dom Capers

:panic:

holy cow..... you're RIGHT. All this time I was thinking it was Casserly that messed the Texans up... Well, maybe not. I don't think Carolina went down the tubes as much after Capers and it seems the Skins are still overpaying way after Casserly left. Maybe they kinda rubbed off on each other while here.

eeeyuuu.

hope the fins get it together. I've always liked them for some reason.

Back