Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Does not sound so good

This is coming from your team leader. I would think you would want the chance to prove you are a better team then you showed last game.

From the Chronicle

Quarterback David Carr and receiver Jabar Gaffney had different views on when they would like to play the Bills again.

"They've got a good defense," Gaffney said. "I'd like to see their defense later on down the road, but we won't play them again unless we meet them in the playoffs."

Playoffs? Carr sounded more realistic.

"Hopefully, we won't play these guys again for a while because they'd beat us again," he said. "If we come out and play the same way, and they're on us like they were today, we'd get beat again."

TSgt.Texan said:
This is coming from your team leader. I would think you would want the chance to prove you are a better team then you showed last game.

From the Chronicle

Quarterback David Carr and receiver Jabar Gaffney had different views on when they would like to play the Bills again.

"They've got a good defense," Gaffney said. "I'd like to see their defense later on down the road, but we won't play them again unless we meet them in the playoffs."

Playoffs? Carr sounded more realistic.

"Hopefully, we won't play these guys again for a while because they'd beat us again," he said. "If we come out and play the same way, and they're on us like they were today, we'd get beat again."
There is just one problem that is hes telling the truth we would loose again

At least Carr is finally doing some truth telling.

It's a big turn-around from his laughable comments after the Broncos game.

The first step in recovery from an addiction is admitting you have a problem.

Maybe he's going to take some humble pills now and give himself a chance to evaluate his own performances over the past few weeks.

Look, the guy HAS the skills. They are still there. They didn't fade away on their own. He's got to get back to that point of being in control of this team, shaking off some of Palmer's playcalling and calling his own shots more, and he can overcome a sub-par offensive line. Our line is not great, not even good, but Carr has shown that he can make lemonade out of lemons in the past. Maybe he's just tired of it all. Can't blame him if he is, can you? BUt I'm looking forward to Carr rising up again. I hate the "light switch" philosophy of this team, turning it on and turning it off (instead of staying consistent), but we were so ugly this past Sunday that I need to see a win this Sunday.

Something happened after the Raiders preseason game. He looked efficient, in charge, etc. And then the last two games were just polar opposites of the first two games. Strange brew, man.

gpshafer_1976 said:
At least Carr is finally doing some truth telling.

The first step in recovery from an addiction is admitting you have a problem.

Very true. However the 9th step is the willingness to face those problems and deal with them. However the Serenity Prayer works well here.

Back