Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Does anyone have a clue about next week?

tedr

Rookie
I'll admit I don't. I have absolutely no idea how they'll play...they could dominate and get HFA...or they could repeat this week and go in as the third seed. Guess I'll just continue to try to enjoy the best season we've ever had. It'd be a lot easier though if we were playing better.

I doubt if they dominate. This team in my opinion is overated. They might squeak out a win because I think the the colts really have nothing to play for. Their playoff seeding looks to be locked at the 5th spot. The texans have just looked flat the second half of the season. They struggle against the bad teams and get blown out against the good teams.

a win is more important to us, the colts have already clinched and will start th eplayoffs on the road. i would think they might use the week to rest..

This team will go s the offense goes. Our offense has been on the skid for 3 weeks. 1 td in 8 qtrs is atrocious. We sound like the jets

the o line needs to step it up for this game. Even duane brown is looking off

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

The Colts have nothing to gain from playing their starters next week. So we should win, but with the way we played today i don't think we can even beat their backups. The Colts are locked into the 5 seed no matter what now.

I'll take it a step further. The Colts don't want to win. If they lose, they get to play the Texans in the 2nd round and not the Broncos.

I'll admit I don't. I have absolutely no idea how they'll play...they could dominate and get HFA...or they could repeat this week and go in as the third seed. Guess I'll just continue to try to enjoy the best season we've ever had. It'd be a lot easier though if we were playing better.

Unless they get to the AFC Championship Game, this isn't the best season we have ever had.

why do you think colts wont try? they have alot to play for im sure they would love to knock there rivals off first seed. And im pretty sure the way texans are playing they would rather face them in wild card then the broncos. i was rooting for texans but two field goals on offense and over 10 penaltys at key moments..but kudos to the defense who made peterson look average.. if the texans offense and defense can ever play a complete game they could win the super bowl... but i beleive neither the colts or texans making it far this year..

why do you think colts wont try? they have alot to play for im sure they would love to knock there rivals off first seed. And im pretty sure the way texans are playing they would rather face them in wild card then the broncos. i was rooting for texans but two field goals on offense and over 10 penaltys at key moments..but kudos to the defense who made peterson look average.. if the texans offense and defense can ever play a complete game they could win the super bowl... but i beleive neither the colts or texans making it far this year..

The Colts are locked into the #5 seed. Nothing can change their seeding. Houston is fighting for the #1 seed and Home Field Advantage. I'm not saying Indianapolis won't try but one team actually has something to play for next week while the other can rest their starters.

The Colts are locked into the #5 seed. Nothing can change their seeding. Houston is fighting for the #1 seed and Home Field Advantage. I'm not saying Indianapolis won't try but one team actually has something to play for next week while the other can rest their starters.

untill coaches say they resting there starters i really doubt they will rest starters since next week is first week joe will be coaching and he would want nothing more then a win..

untill coaches say they resting there starters i really doubt they will rest starters since next week is first week joe will be coaching and he would want nothing more then a win..

And that's awesome but they don't need the win. No matter the outcome they will be playing in Baltimore for the Wild-Card round. They might as well rest some starters next week like Houston did last year against Tennessee.

The Colts coach is coming back. Teams always play great when they have some type of adversity. And they're at home so it should be a crazy crowd.

If we play like we can we'll win but only if the offense remembers how to score.

And that's awesome but they don't need the win. No matter the outcome they will be playing in Baltimore for the Wild-Card round. They might as well rest some starters next week like Houston did last year against Tennessee.

They should but you never know with devisional games..it would be awesome for texans to win and id like to see them do good but if they play like they played last few weeks. I mean even the dolphins are playing better...whatever is causing this slump they better fix..for once it wasnt the coaching staff kubiak played good plays players didnt excute..and wade made peterson look avearage i was impressed with the defense.

Jeez.

Coach returns, playing inspired football, at home vs division rival...better hope they rest their starters cause I think theyd pull it out.

I dont think its meaningless @ all to indy tbh. This would be an insane confidence builder for them if they beat Houston, and that upon coaches return is exactly the type of momentum they wanna enter playoffs with.
Btw if indy loses and bungles win does indy lose 5 seed? If so playing is a nobrainer
(One, you always want potential for home game. Two...as is, 6 seed plays @ Foxboro. I think @ Baltimore is much more appealing)

I could be wrong tho-they could opt to rest. Please dont lol.

Talk about reshaping afc picture..if Houston loses and pats n Denver pull out easy wins...yikes.

(I wont lie, as pats fan, I hate the 3 seed. No bye week plus the prospect of @ denver in 2nd round..hate it.

Jeez.

Coach returns, playing inspired football, at home vs division rival...better hope they rest their starters cause I think theyd pull it out.

I dont think its meaningless @ all to indy tbh. This would be an insane confidence builder for them if they beat Houston, and that upon coaches return is exactly the type of momentum they wanna enter playoffs with.
Btw if indy loses and bungles win does indy lose 5 seed? If so playing is a nobrainer
(One, you always want potential for home game. Two...as is, 6 seed plays @ Foxboro. I think @ Baltimore is much more appealing)

I could be wrong tho-they could opt to rest. Please dont lol.

Talk about reshaping afc picture..if Houston loses and pats n Denver pull out easy wins...yikes.

(I wont lie, as pats fan, I hate the 3 seed. No bye week plus the prospect of @ denver in 2nd round..hate it.

if this is a serious playoff contender they will rebound next week...

They're 2-0 after a loss. I expect them to play well and get a W the way they did after losses to GB and NE. They really sucked today and Kubes and MS looked really clueless the whole game.

They're 2-0 after a loss. I expect them to play well and get a W the way they did after losses to GB and NE. They really sucked today and Kubes and MS looked really clueless the whole game.

All i know they better show up this has the making of a great game

From my perspective, it would not make any strategic sense for the Colts to bench their starters unless they're worried about injuries. They are a very young team and they need all the experience they can get. And what better way to prepare for the playoffs than face a team that's hungry for the #1 seed in the AFC. I think they'll play their starters and maybe depending on the score we may see some of the backups towards the end of the game. The Texans have to go in prepared and that's the bottom line.

From my perspective, it would not make any strategic sense for the Colts to bench their starters unless they're worried about injuries. They are a very young team and they need all the experience they can get. And what better way to prepare for the playoffs than face a team that's hungry for the #1 seed in the AFC. I think they'll play their starters and maybe depending on the score we may see some of the backups towards the end of the game. The Texans have to go in prepared and that's the bottom line.

If the texans offense AND Defense show up sunday they will win..

there not going to rest there starters maybe if the second half if the score is not in the favor ... thatx what will prob happen

the Evil Texans in me right now is ok yall wont rest starters well we are taking u out and that will prob casue yall to be one in done in the play offs ..if i was a player that would deff be in the back of my mind

which IMO just me looking from the outside i dont think the colts fans right now dont even care if there one and done in the playoffs there content just getting there which is kinda sad IMO

there not going to rest there starters maybe if the second half if the score is not in the favor ... thatx what will prob happen

the Evil Texans in me right now is ok yall wont rest starters well we are taking u out and that will prob casue yall to be one in done in the play offs ..if i was a player that would deff be in the back of my mind

which IMO just me looking from the outside i dont think the colts fans right now dont even care if there one and done in the playoffs there content just getting there which is kinda sad IMO

I dont understand how you can say we are one and down when you guys have been in a slump for while now..id be worried about your first playoff game..hopefully this beat down will wake the texans up becuase they not going to superbowl the way they are playing..

as a fan i can assure you i know my team...i promise you if the games in reach there starters will play as a dedication game to the coach...

Coach on the sidelines, texans have never won in indy even last year. I think the texans might take one on the chin. If not for jj watt,they would've lost the last game to indy.

we never won in indy cause a guy called peyton manning played there yall can stop saying that because thats none in void

yall keep saying we never won in indy like it will never happen trust me we will win in indy alot now

has far has im concerd Luck has never beaten the texans 0-1 LOL lost his first game by a two score game

i say we win in indy this week and then we sweep the colts next year and ten sweep them again in 2014

INtill the new colts can prove they can beat the texans ill just say we will beat the colts from here on out :P

Who gives a **** if Houston has never won in Indy or whatever? That has literally ZERO bearing on ANYTHING involving Week 17 of the 2012 season.

Who gives a **** if Houston has never won in Indy or whatever? That has literally ZERO bearing on ANYTHING involving Week 17 of the 2012 season.

They lost to a scrub last yr in indy. The emotion of thereturning coach,the texans playing terrible doesn't help ether.

They lost to a scrub last yr in indy. The emotion of thereturning coach,the texans playing terrible doesn't help ether.

first of all DAN O is no scrub i for one think hes a pretty good QB

and second returing coach or not to some players there is not alot of emotion of playing and getting hit when your playing for nothing ...i say agian PLaying for nothing

and chuck coming back IMO is a stupid move lets state facts they were 1-2 with him there

and just like players coming back after a long time same with coaches hes going to be rusty thats only gonna help us IMO

watch colts will be one and done with chuck coaching the playoff game and all indy radio will be talking about is WTF were they thinking letting him come back

first of all DAN O is no scrub i for one think hes a pretty good QB

and second returing coach or not to some players there is not alot of emotion of playing and getting hit when your playing for nothing ...i say agian PLaying for nothing

and chuck coming back IMO is a stupid move lets state facts they were 1-2 with him there

and just like players coming back after a long time same with coaches hes going to be rusty thats only gonna help us IMO

watch colts will be one and done with chuck coaching the playoff game and all indy radio will be talking about is WTF were they thinking letting him come back

hes not kubiak...which if he got cancer and never came back most fans wont shed tear...but most people love joe and are happy hes back.

hes not kubiak...which if he got cancer and never came back most fans wont shed tear...but most people love joe and are happy hes back.

yall love chuck and thats all fine and good but this should be biznass

i wonder why the colts organ cant just wait for him to be the coach next year and for now just have him come back and be on the sideline or something not be the coach and make calls and call plays and lay down the gameplan

i just dont know why the colts wanna change up the flow going into the playoffs esp when the Asst coach has been doing so good

thats why i question the colts organzation real desire to win in the playoffs and are just content to go to Balty and lose

What worries me is that we're looked like this for a while now, and even though we've won games, we have not looked like a team fighting for the #1 seed at all.

For weeks now we've had no solution to our missing pass rush.. and our offense produces fewer and fewer points while punting more than ever.

I have no problem with a loss now and then, but I want it to be competetive... not because a competetive loss is worth more, but it indicates that we alt least HAVE what it takes to win games...

Right now we're looking One and Done... and nothing i've seen from either players or coaches the last 1-2 months has led me to believe otherwise. Sad but true.

yall love chuck and thats all fine and good but this should be biznass

i wonder why the colts organ cant just wait for him to be the coach next year and for now just have him come back and be on the sideline or something not be the coach and make calls and call plays and lay down the gameplan

i just dont know why the colts wanna change up the flow going into the playoffs esp when the Asst coach has been doing so good

thats why i question the colts organzation real desire to win in the playoffs and are just content to go to Balty and lose

becuase deep down everyone in colts fanbase know we not going very far in playoffs..via the coach he wont be coaching he just be on the sidelines

I do know Indy is exactly what we need to gain some false sense of security with our running game heading into the playoffs.

Who is we? I don't see a Texans fan when you talk....:smiliepalm:

hes a swagger wears one those texans caps all side ways and stuff...then gets mad when they play crappy becuase means he cant have swag becuase he cant wear the hat becuase team isnt doing well..its a vicious cycle..

The game last year meant nothing to Houston. Wade Phillips didn't even coach the final three games after Houston clinched against Cincinnati. This game Sunday should mean a lot more to Houston than it does to Indianapolis. Houston should treat this game like a playoff game. If they win they will get home field advantage and won't have to play in the Wild-Card round.

Back