Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Disgraceful...

This team is absolutely disgraceful and I'm embarrassed to be associated with this organization this morning. To flame out the way they did in the second half is inexcusable.

The sad part is there is nothing that can be done to fix it. The organization has been turned over on the management and personnel side and still produces the same unacceptable results. It's one thing to lose, yet another to be physically and mentally overmatched week after week. This team hasn't looked like it even belongs in the NFL for almost 2 years.

I will hang in there to the end, I just hope that I can witness a winning season in my lifetime... but it's not looking good...

This team is absolutely disgraceful and I'm embarrassed to be associated with this organization this morning. To flame out the way they did in the second half is inexcusable.

The sad part is their is nothing that can be done to fix it. The organization has been turned over on the management and personnel side and still produces the same unacceptable results. It's one thing to lose, yet another to be physically and mentally overmatched week after week. This team hasn't looked like it even belongs in the NFL for almost 2 years.

I will hang in there to the end, I just hope that I can witness a winning season in my lifetime... but it's not looking good...

Wonger what did you expect out of the Texans this season ????

I'm not sure how you can look at the team and not see hope and progress...People were talking about the cowboys as a superbowl contender...we are coming off of 2-14....

We look 100 times better than we did last year despite the ugly second half...

I have said it before and will say it again, miracles do not happen overnight. Kubiak came in here and is trying to fix the mess Capers and Co. left behind. We have seen some improvement in some areas. I do not know what some of you expected to see this season...

I have said it before and will say it again, miracles do not happen overnight. Kubiak came in here and is trying to fix the mess Capers and Co. left behind. We have seen some improvement in some areas. I do not know what some of you expected to see this season...
Don't tell this to Sean Payton. I don't think he knows that it takes years and years to rebuild. Most thought that he was handed a mess when he took over the Saints. The Saints fans ran Jim Haslett out of town much like we ran Dom out of here.

Which still leaves us well short of the 2004 team. It is still pretty ugly.

It's not really fair to judge Kubiak based on the 2004 team...he didn't inherit that team...he inherited the 2005 Texans....Which was the worst team in the leauge...

Don't tell this to Sean Payton. I don't think he knows that it takes years and years to rebuild. Most thought that he was handed a mess when he took over the Saints. The Saints fans ran Jim Haslett out of town much like we ran Dom out of here.
I expected the Saints to at least contend for the playoffs last year. Of course, this was before Katrina. I think they barely missed the playoffs the year before.

That is not a fair comparison as the Saints had more talent than their evacuated team showed last season. The Saints also did not lose their starting runningback, Duece McAllister, in training camp this year. The year Duece did not play certainly impacted their play. He also traded in his high mileage QB for a more reliable one in Drew Brees.

That is not a fair comparison as the Saints had more talent than their evacuated team showed last season. The Saints also did not lose their starting runningback, Duece McAllister, in training camp this year. The year Duece did not play certainly impacted their play. He also traded in his high mileage QB for a more reliable one in Drew Brees.
I guess no NFL team is a fair comparison then....the Saints defense was awful, they start two rookies on offense, had a suspect O line and brought in a new OC and HC and QB in one off-season...but make it work in one year.

Which still leaves us well short of the 2004 team. It is still pretty ugly.

Absolutely, but as ugly as it is so far this season we all know it could be much much uglier. No one on the team escapes blame for the terrible second half showing we witnessed on Sunday. This coaching staff has to make the needed changes to make this team look like a professional team & so far they haven't done it. Early in the season it was the defense & running game that we all pointed to as the biggest problems for this team, and now we're seeing some improvement in the defense but no progress on the running game. What boggles the mind is how horrible our running game is so far this season. Again, that's on the coaches to figure out how to fix it.

Last season we had problems in every facet of the game with the possible exception of returning kicks, and there was no reason to believe that the coaching staff would fix any of the problems. It's quite possible that this season could get uglier if our running game isn't fixed & our team decides to quit midway through the season as they did in 05. I don't think that will happen this year & I'm hopeful that Kubiak will figure it out and fix it by either bringing in Wand for depth on the OL or bringing in a new RB or just by focusing on it more in practices.

I guess no NFL team is a fair comparison then....the Saints defense was awful, they start two rookies on offense, had a suspect O line and brought in a new OC and HC and QB in one off-season...but make it work in one year.

They do have a better QB and RB. That just confirms your point though. Our brass hasn't brought in the goods.

"I'm not sure how you can look at the team and not see hope and progress"

Please give some examples to back this statement up--not future speculations, but actual things that are happening on the field on a consistent basis that says "hope and progress."

Payton has Brees, Joe Horn, Deuce McAllister, Marques Colston, and God er I mean Reggie Bush, and a much better line on offense to work with. They've also got a pretty good defense as well. And Payton is not really "rebuilding", the pieces were set in place when he got there, ie Horn, McAllister, and Colston and Bush were drafted under his regime. Kubiak had to come in here and get us a real #2 WR, a real TE, try to do something with our O line, make the trasition from the 3-4 to the 4-3 in his first year as head coach. I think Kubiak has done a good job in adding some of the pieces, ie Moulds, Daniels, etc. but IMO he could have done a much better job addressing the O line, RB position, LB, and DB spots.

Payton has Brees, Joe Horn, Deuce McAllister, Marques Colston, and God er I mean Reggie Bush, and a much better line on offense to work with. They've also got a pretty good defense as well. And Payton is not really "rebuilding", the pieces were set in place when he got there, ie Horn, McAllister, and Colston and Bush were drafted under his regime. Kubiak had to come in here and get us a real #2 WR, a real TE, try to do something with our O line, make the trasition from the 3-4 to the 4-3 in his first year as head coach. I think Kubiak has done a good job in adding some of the pieces, ie Moulds, Daniels, etc. but IMO he could have done a much better job addressing the O line, RB position, LB, and DB spots.

I know who they have in players....we have players too. We stood behind our guys and revamped this offense as well....we could have gone after Brees...we had a chance to dump out of the Carr contract but decided he was going to take us to the next level (LOL). We could have signed a big time back....we could have drafted Marques Colston, we could have Bush too. Your arugment is what exactly? That your team is an exception to the rule...just because you are a homer?

Not true.......you could compare the Raiders, Browns or even Miami (although Saben and Crennel have a year head start as they are in their second year).

Not true.......you could compare the Raiders, Browns or even Miami (although Saben and Crennel have a year head start as they are in their second year).

Miami improved last year. So far this year a step back but they won more than 2 games in a row and didn't have to cut anyone's hair to celebrate such an enormous feat. Comparing your franchise to the Raiders means you are an embarrasment...so I didn't go there. The Browns have shown some fight this year and look improved to me....but then again...I watch more NFL games than most of you guys....so its jmo that they are a better team and are on the rise while we are peddling stagnant water here in Houston.

I know who they have in players....we have players too. We stood behind our guys and revamped this offense as well....we could have gone after Brees...we had a chance to dump out of the Carr contract but decided he was going to take us to the next level (LOL). We could have signed a big time back....we could have Bush too. Your arugment is what exactly? That your team is an exception to the rule...just because you are a homer?

LMAO a homer? You must not read my posts. My point is the pieces were in place when Payton took over and the Saint's were not bad at all talent wise when he did take over. Our team has sucked from day one and Kubiak came in here and did what he thought was needed to do which obviously was not enough. People expect miracles over night but it doesn't happen, unless you have guys like Horn, McAllister, Colston, Bush, a good offensive line, and a good defense already in place. I just don't think it is fair to compare Payton and the Saints to Kubiak and the Texans, especially since our talent level was much much worse when Kubiak came in than the talent level in New Orleans when Payton took over. And yes, we revamped our offense, in New Orleans the talent was already there.

Miami improved last year. So far a step back but they won more than 2 games in a row and didn't have to cut anyone's hair to celebrate such an enormous feat. Comparing your franchise to the Raiders means you are an embarrasment...so I didn't go there. The Browns have shown some fight this year and look improved to me....but then again...I watch more NFL games than most of you guys....so its jmo that they are a better team and are on the rise while we are peddling stagnant water here in Houston.

Again, not a fair comparison as Crennel has had an extra year. The Texans looked ok in the first half against Dallas but in the second half things snowballed, 3 turnovers in 5 minutes will do that. Is your argument that turnovers are due to bad coaching?

Again, not a fair comparison as Crennel has had an extra year. The Texans looked ok in the first half against Dallas but in the second half things snowballed, 3 turnovers in 5 minutes will do that. Is your argument that turnovers are due to bad coaching?
not even the Browns are a fair comparison? How about Nebraska? The cornhuskers can't play in the NFL either.

You guys are a bunch of homers. We are a NFL team people. We operate under the same dynamic as everyone else. Wake up.

not even the Browns are a fair comparison? How about Nebraska? The cornhuskers can't play in the NFL either.

You guys are a bunch of homers. We are a NFL team people. We operate under the same dynamic as everyone else. Wake up.

Just saying that your original argument was how Payton turned things around in a short time....

How about the NY Jets? That should be a fair comparision. First year head coach, veteran QB who was injured last year, reworked O-Line starting two rookies at C and LT. Their starting RB has been out all year and is likely done for the season. They've got a RBBC approach although Washington is seeing more action as of late. They're 3-3 and they look like a legit NFL team. They battled the Colts down to the wire. They've played well in every game with the exception of the Jacksonville game.

How about the NY Jets? That should be a fair comparision. First year head coach, veteran QB who was injured last year, reworked O-Line starting two rookies at C and LT. Their starting RB has been out all year and is likely done for the season. They've got a RBBC approach although Washington is seeing more action as of late. They're 3-3 and they look like a legit NFL team. They battled the Colts down to the wire. They've played well in every game with the exception of the Jacksonville game.

granted the competition isn't fierce, but i believe we have a winner here for best post of the morning. although, to be fair, the jets schedule hasn't been nearly as tough as houston's, and the jets were beyotch-slapped in their toughest game by like 50-0.

I agree somewhat, but the rookie C and LT starting are Mangold and Ferguson, I mean come on two guys who many had rated as the #1 player at their respective positions coming out of college. The teams they have beaten are the Bills, Dolphins, and the Titans, not exactly the toughest competition. The Jags spanked them and battling a team down to the wire doesn't count for anything in the NFL, only the W in the win column.

You can give the Texans all the excuses you want but the Niners , Titans , Jets , and the Packers have shown some fight . The Saints are a playoff contender who were 3-13 last year . The two teams that still don't get it are the Texans and Raiders .:confused:

There are some caveats. He inherited a team that had one losing season in it's last 5 years, got it's pro-bowl running back healthy, and got a pro-bowl quarterback.

However, the time for excuses is long past. The Titans got a win in Washington. The Saints beat a good Philly team. We haven't even been competitive (no, Miami doesn't count). The so called any RB can work system has been a dismal failure. We can't even muster Reggie Bush numbers running the ball. ;)

C'mon people - it's going to get better. It just HAS to! Give Kubiak a chance, he hasn't had much time yet.

You know there are alot of problems on this team. And I know some of you just don't want to hear this. But if ever Carr could hold himself togather for one game. The air got sucked out of the room again once threw the interception. Instead of getting upset and fighting back everyone gives up the second he starts ...

It happens every stinking week. He needs to carry this team on his back. He needs to be a leader and I don't think he is. He can be the best tactical QB in the game but he just doesn't seems to have the mettle to be a leader and everytime he screws up fumble, INT, everyone else gives up. Go back and look @ the tapes.

I sit every week hoping against hope the fire would come back like in first, second and third season and will continue to do so. For those of you with kids, its like the kid with the self-esteem problem, it just never goes away.

We look 100 times better than we did last year despite the ugly second half...

Hold on a second...we won two games last year, so the verdict is still out. Only time will tell if the 2006 Texans are as good as the 2005 team...or if we're worse.

Yesterday was disgraceful, pathetic, and downright sorry. Two weeks of prep and they play like that?! We are watching futility in action.

LMAO a homer? You must not read my posts. My point is the pieces were in place when Payton took over and the Saint's were not bad at all talent wise when he did take over. Our team has sucked from day one and Kubiak came in here and did what he thought was needed to do which obviously was not enough. People expect miracles over night but it doesn't happen, unless you have guys like Horn, McAllister, Colston, Bush, a good offensive line, and a good defense already in place. I just don't think it is fair to compare Payton and the Saints to Kubiak and the Texans, especially since our talent level was much much worse when Kubiak came in than the talent level in New Orleans when Payton took over. And yes, we revamped our offense, in New Orleans the talent was already there.

We didn't have Bush, Colston, Brees, most of our offensive line, or half of our starting defense here when Payton took over. This isn't like Gruden taking over Dungy's Tampa defense or something. He and our FO built this team. We run a completely different scheme on both sides of the ball, just like you do. We have virtually no remaining coaching personnel from last year, either. We had been (prior to SS Roman Harper's season ending knee injury) starting 5 rookies. Horn and McAllister are the only guys you can make a case for as holdover talent from last year, and you guys have similar players leftover in Andre Johnson (who has just as much, if not more, potential than Horn and McAllister) and David Carr (will be disputed of course, but I think he has the talent). The Colston part especially gets me since not only was he acquired by the new staff, but you guys got a WR in Moulds via free agency that should be much better than a 7th round rookie from Division IIA.

What really sucks is at halftime yesterday I actually thought we had a fighting chance to win the game going into the second half.

We didn't have Bush, Colston, Brees, most of our offensive line, or half of our starting defense here when Payton took over. This isn't like Gruden taking over Dungy's Tampa defense or something. He and our FO built this team. We run a completely different scheme on both sides of the ball, just like you do. We have virtually no remaining coaching personnel from last year, either. We had been (prior to SS Roman Harper's season ending knee injury) starting 5 rookies. Horn and McAllister are the only guys you can make a case for as holdover talent from last year, and you guys have similar players leftover in Andre Johnson (who has just as much, if not more, potential than Horn and McAllister) and David Carr (will be disputed of course, but I think he has the talent). The Colston part especially gets me since not only was he acquired by the new staff, but you guys got a WR in Moulds via free agency that should be much better than a 7th round rookie from Division IIA.
nice post. The homers won't believe me.

Yeah well when our running game sucks so bad it's kind of hard to keep drives moving. You guys were not nearly as bad when Payton took over as we were when Kubiak took over.

nice post. The homers won't believe me.

I don't know where you get this thing that I am a homer like you called me earlier in the thread, especially when I posted earlier in the thread that I don't think Kubiak has done enough to fix our O line, running game, or address the LB and DB positions. All I am saying is that Payton taking over the Saint's is not the same situation as Kubiak taking over here. We have sucked for five seasons. New Orleans has had one losing season in the last 5 seasons, we have had 5 losing seasons in 5 seasons.

I agree somewhat, but the rookie C and LT starting are Mangold and Ferguson, I mean come on two guys who many had rated as the #1 player at their respective positions coming out of college. The teams they have beaten are the Bills, Dolphins, and the Titans, not exactly the toughest competition. The Jags spanked them and battling a team down to the wire doesn't count for anything in the NFL, only the W in the win column.

Keep in mind we played that same team & they spanked us. #1 rated players or not they're still two rookies that had zero experience coming into the league & were charged with protecting Pennington. Not an easy task, but through good coaching these guys look like they belonged out there from day one. This is a team that many pegged to finish last in the AFC East this season, and thus far they look like the only legit competition NE has for the division. Losses do mean something when they play teams like the Pats and Colts close & don't look like a minor league team out there. The Texans have looked outclassed and outmanned by every team they've faced this season. Our one win has come against the Dolphins who, despite playing poorly, still had a legit shot to come back and win it at the end. In all of our losses we've been humiliated & never had a legit shot at winning towards the end of the game. That's unacceptable for an NFL team plain & simple.

You guys were not nearly as bad when Payton took over as we were when Kubiak took over.

I think that's a matter of opinion. Not an unreasonable one, but subjective nonetheless. It's been said that we have been a talented, underachieving team for several years, but my point is that the large majority of that "talent" was unloaded by Payton during the offseason because of their underachieving.

Keep in mind we played that same team & they spanked us. #1 rated players or not they're still two rookies that had zero experience coming into the league & were charged with protecting Pennington. Not an easy task, but through good coaching these guys look like they belonged out there from day one. This is a team that many pegged to finish last in the AFC East this season, and thus far they look like the only legit competition NE has for the division. Losses do mean something when they play teams like the Pats and Colts close & don't look like a minor league team out there. The Texans have looked outclassed and outmanned by every team they've faced this season. Our one win has come against the Dolphins who, despite playing poorly, still had a legit shot to come back and win it at the end. In all of our losses we've been humiliated & never had a legit shot at winning towards the end of the game. That's unacceptable for an NFL team plain & simple.

I can agree with that, our running game and defense flat out suck and IMO is the majority of our problem.

See my above post. We are a completely different team.

Because of adding a few players through the draft and free agency and the new coaching staff bringing in new schemes? We are in the middle of switching from the 3-4 to the 4-3 and our offense is learning a new system. Kubiak has had to dump Capers' garbage and hasn't done much to address our O line, RB, LB, or DB positions.

I know who they have in players....we have players too. We stood behind our guys and revamped this offense as well....we could have gone after Brees...we had a chance to dump out of the Carr contract but decided he was going to take us to the next level (LOL). We could have signed a big time back....we could have drafted Marques Colston, we could have Bush too. Your arugment is what exactly? That your team is an exception to the rule...just because you are a homer?

from what i see his argument is that the saints did not have as far to go as we did. They were a better team last year even playing all road games. Don't see where this guy is being a homer. I'm very upset with the team at this point, but i did not expect us to be a playoff contender this year as i realize how bad we are and how far we have to go. It's really funny how at the beginning of the year many of you did not expect much in kubes first year, but now everyone is freaking out when the season is actually playing out like many of you thought.

I expect a competitive NFL team. I'd like to see one.

Ditto. I expected to see some attitude and a desire to win, even though I very much assumed a losing season in Kubiak's first year.

Instead we get the Keystone Cops of the NFL, and a complete inability to have any pride in their game.

Ditto. I expected to see some attitude and a desire to win, even though I very much assumed a losing season in Kubiak's first year.

Instead we get the Keystone Cops of the NFL, and a complete inability to have any pride in their game.
Our body language was awful yesterday once we got behind. Especially Carr. When your QB looks gunshy and timid it just doesn't inspire much confidence. I'm really down on this team right now...but hell, we are two drafts away.....if we are that close.

You really expect this team to compete with the top teams in the league? Get real. After coming off a 2-14 season you expect them to compete with the top teams in the first five games of the season? You will see them compete when they start playing less talented teams such as the titans, raiders, browns, jets.

Because of adding a few players through the draft and free agency and the new coaching staff bringing in new schemes? We are in the middle of switching from the 3-4 to the 4-3 and our offense is learning a new system. Kubiak has had to dump Capers' garbage and hasn't done much to address our O line, RB, LB, or DB positions.

New starters: Offense: WR Colston, QB Brees, RB Bush, RG Jahri Evans (rookie from DIIA), C Jeff Faine.

Defense: DT Hollis Thomas, LB Scott Fujita, LB Scott Shanle, LB Mike Simoneau (not one LB on the team plays this year, all the reserves are new as well), SS Roman Harper (Rookie, now done for year), SS Omar Stoutmire (starting in place of Harper, contributed before), P Steve Weatherford.

This doesn't get into all the backups, over half of which are new players as well. Hardly "a few new players".

Look, I'm not a Texan hater. I'm a huge Saints fan oviously, but I live around Houston and joined this site to keep up with what's going on with the local team besides what the media feeds me (which we all know is mostly bs). The fact is, we both had a lot of personnel decisions to be made by new staffs at the beginning of this season. So far, we've caught a lot of breaks with most of our decisions working out about as well as they could have. You guys have not gotten the same breaks yet. But I firmly believe that the two teams started during the offseason on very even grounds.

It is much simpler than all of that. The Saints have Deuce McAllister, the Texans do not have Dominick Davis.

The Saints offensive line also has much more talent to a man than do the Texans and they have not had the injuries like the Texans have so far this season.....Weigert, Spencer, Flannigan....how can you coach against that? In one year it is just not possible. Give the new coaches and management a chance to build their team and the depth. I am as disappointed as anyone in the Texans but to place the blame, so harshly and so early, solely on our coaches is not reasonable.

You really expect this team to compete with the top teams in the league? Get real. After coming off a 2-14 season you expect them to compete with the top teams in the first five games of the season? You will see them compete when they start playing less talented teams such as the titans, raiders, browns, jets.
We beat the Super Bowl bound Panthers a few years ago...yeah, we expect them to "compete". If you just expect to watch losing football I'm sure you are happy. I don't need to see wins...just be friggin' competitive.

Our body language was awful yesterday once we got behind. Especially Carr. When your QB looks gunshy and timid it just doesn't inspire much confidence. I'm really down on this team right now...but hell, we are two drafts away.....if we are that close.

I do agree with this statement. This was a game for dc to step up and show us he can be a leader. He went into a shell. Don't see him inspiring his team on both offense and defense like another qb in our division, who, just got his first win yesterday.

Back