Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Diggs to Houston

Diggs for Stroud will be as Kelce is to Mahomes. Stroud and Mahomes both have fire but sometimes you need someone almost reckless or willing to go over the edge to assert their will. But having a superstar QB with the right personality (Josh Allen is physically talented beyond belief but people still question his mental) finds a containment chamber for that fire and uses it to drive the engine.

Not sure that I agree with your assertion that Stroud is impressionable based on his demonstrated maturity and leadership in his rookie season on the field, on the sideline and in the locker room. If anything, I have seen him exert his will and mindset onto others.

Could Diggs or Mixon create some drama? There's a chance based on what history tells us. Is that going to derail Stroud? No.

True. Absolutely true. I hope that's the case.

Y’all remember that Hopkins trade? Yeah, me neither.

This is a fantastic trade for the Texans. I’m slightly worried about Digg’s team hopping ability but I trust Caserio.

LOL!

At least OB got a 2nd pick in the same year! We can say that about him.

Caserio worked a talented GM in Beane and gave up a second in the following year!

Esp. With Mixon too?

Combustible. Not what I want for a team with a young, impressionable QB and quite frankly, a team that is still learning.

If this was OB I'd agree with you but DeMeco has the respect of he entire league and I trust him to get guys around to his way of thinking. Diggs is far from the first diva he has dealt with and no way Caserio makes this move without Ryans saying "I can handle him."

Doesn't hurt that Diggs desperately wanted out of the bills and he's coming to a team with the hottest rookie QB in the league. Seriously listen around the league and everyone either wants to play with CJ or Jordan Love.

Last edited:
Lets say for the sake of argument that Diggs is the absolute worst version of himself and makes Antonio Brown look like a humble guy. Lets say he is so bad that Texans have to cut him before the first pass of the first pre-season game. All that means is we are right back where we were with WRs which with Tank and Nico was already pretty solid and we lost a 2nd round pick that was for next year and we got from the vikings so its was house money anyway. Yeah there would be some lost cap money but at this point most of the major wheeling and dealing is done and free agency is done so the odds that spending money of Diggs means we couldn't have signed someone else is low. This was a gamble but it was a pretty safe gamble and I don't think one bad apple would be enough to spoil the barrel with DeMeco as the guy overseeing the barrel.

I see 5 - Diggs, Collins, Dell, Schultz and Mixon.

We could still use someone with game breaking speed/athleticism at WR, RB, or TE... We still don't really have that guy, though Tank is in that realm... Someone that can't be covered one on one
Why not both?

Allocation of dollars to one position... paying 2 WRs (neither with elite speed) over $40 million per year seems unlikely... I could see them signing Nico and keeping Diggs for 2025, but I see no way they have both beyond the 2025 season.

I think this tell us they will be a pass 1st team which is cool. I can also see 3 wrs with 60 catches and a te with 50. Everyone stats will go down, but the team will be better

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

To be fair we became a pass first team as soon as CJ showed that he was a franchise QB. Mixon was only added so that CJ had a decent player to hand off it to and to keep the defenses honest.

Why, we wanted more weapons right? Now we have four receiving threats.
There would likely have been rookie WR's who would have had as much or more of an impact in our offense who don't bring with them the attitude issues Diggs brings. The trade was a steal if it pays off but I would rather we stuck with the draft this season,

I think this tell us they will be a pass 1st team which is cool. I can also see 3 wrs with 60 catches and a te with 50. Everyone stats will go down, but the team will be better

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I see them as more balanced. Last year we tried hard to be balanced but we didn’t have the horses. When teams were able to coral Stroud and the pass game..and/or we got caught with key injuries, we couldn’t counter. I think with how the team is built now, it won’t matter what teams try to take away, we have answers in the run and pass game.

I like the trade. I have absolutely no complaints. But some folks were mentioning "Diva" & "Cancer" so I did some googling.

Perhaps, like every elite receiver, he wants the ball more. Stefon Diggs, who finished fifth in the league with 154 targets (12.8 per game), was reportedly upset he didn’t get the ball as much as he wanted in the second half of the Bills’ 27-10 home playoff loss to Cincinnati.

He was targeted a team-high 10 times but caught only four passes for 35 yards. He caught just one of five passes directed his way in the second half for eight yards. Whatever the issue, the Bills need to solve it ASAP because no player can rip apart a locker room or a team faster than an unhappy receiver.

There would likely have been rookie WR's who would have had as much or more of an impact in our offense who don't bring with them the attitude issues Diggs brings. The trade was a steal if it pays off but I would rather we stuck with the draft this season,
True! But you still have to factor in the unknown commodity. With Diggs you get a proven commodity who excels in route running and is a true veteran weapon that’s going to help that entire WR room out.

I agree in a vacuum: I was excited about the likely options at WR in round two of the draft this year... However, it is fascinating that they fought to keep both of this year's 2nd round picks when making the trade.. actually adding another late round pick. They still may have a WR targeted in the draft. They certainly have some significant plan involving the 2nd round this year.

I could understand this thinking if we gave up our 2nd round pick to get him, but we didn't. We gave up next year's 2nd round pick & there's no way that player we would have selected with that pick is going to help this team in 2024.

That's not going to make Stefon Diggs a happy camper.

I like the trade. I have absolutely no complaints. But some folks were mentioning "Diva" & "Cancer" so I did some googling.

Perhaps, like every elite receiver, he wants the ball more. Stefon Diggs, who finished fifth in the league with 154 targets (12.8 per game), was reportedly upset he didn’t get the ball as much as he wanted in the second half of the Bills’ 27-10 home playoff loss to Cincinnati.

He was targeted a team-high 10 times but caught only four passes for 35 yards. He caught just one of five passes directed his way in the second half for eight yards. Whatever the issue, the Bills need to solve it ASAP because no player can rip apart a locker room or a team faster than an unhappy receiver.

More than 154 targets in a year (9/game)? We know Stroud will not force the ball to anyone. Maybe this is will be a Stefon Diggs that has never been seen before. Otherwise, there may be problems.

There's a non-zero probability that this move blows up in the Texans face.

Not a fan oh him. Hopefully the culture brings out the best in him.

Crazy the bills took that cap hit
Crazy to me you don’t love this? He was basically ignored by Josh Allen/offensive game plan, but Josh could do no wrong, just tuck it down and run instead of disrupting the rock. Surprised there wasn’t coaching change, instead trade one of your best players and eat dirt(cap hit).

Back