Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dear Mr. McNair....

Mangler

Toro de España
Top of the morning to you. Now that we got that out of the way, let's cut to the chase...

Last night's performance against the Panthers left a lot to be desired. How did the FO manage to get such a lousy crop of players for this season? Now, I'm fully aware that "it's only preseason bro" but jeez, the entire 2nd team (pretty much) looked like was compiled out of a homeless shelter. Hell, guys out of a homeless shelter probably would have tackled better for some smack money!

I thought moving training camp out of town was going to make the team a little better? It actually looked worse! It's still very early, so I guess I'll try to be more patient and give O'Brien the benefit of the doubt, but you'll be hearing from me again soon!

Couple of bright spots from last night, Watson, Foreman, Fairbairn and that kid sporting #58.

About as close as this thread will get to Bob McNair:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-16409-1379280277-27.gif

Dear Mr McNair,

What is my perfect crime? I break into Tiffany's at midnight. Do I go for the vault? No, I go for the chandelier. It's priceless. As I'm taking it down, a woman catches me. She tells me to stop. It's her father's business. She's Tiffany. I say no. We make love all night. In the morning, the cops come and I escape in one of their uniforms. I tell her to meet me in Mexico, but I go to Canada. I don't trust her. Besides, I like the cold. Thirty years later, I get a postcard. I have a son and he's the chief of police. This is where the story gets interesting. I tell Tiffany to meet me in Paris by the Trocadero. She's been waiting for me all these years. She's never taken another lover. I don't care. I don't show up. I go to Berlin. That's where I stashed the chandelier.

Dear McNair;

See my signature below. Hire one of the five. Then get the hell out of the way. Move your office and the Boardroom to the other side of NRG. Begin acting and behaving like you are Bob Kraft and you own the Patriots. Stop acting and behaving like you are Jerry Jones. That's how YOU can have a team built in the image of New England. In the interest of winning, check your ego at the door. That is all!

Last edited:
I was. And even though I learned everything I never wanted to know about the Panthers because it was all Panthers all the time, though they did talk about Watson a lot, it still had to be better than a Tillman broadcast.

Yeah, I never cared for Tillman either. I think many of these teams use former players. Here we have Rhonde Barber. He's got a lot of good insight however doesn't really have the booth persona.

Dear Mr McNair,

What is my perfect crime? I break into Tiffany's at midnight. Do I go for the vault? No, I go for the chandelier. It's priceless. As I'm taking it down, a woman catches me. She tells me to stop. It's her father's business. She's Tiffany. I say no. We make love all night. In the morning, the cops come and I escape in one of their uniforms. I tell her to meet me in Mexico, but I go to Canada. I don't trust her. Besides, I like the cold. Thirty years later, I get a postcard. I have a son and he's the chief of police. This is where the story gets interesting. I tell Tiffany to meet me in Paris by the Trocadero. She's been waiting for me all these years. She's never taken another lover. I don't care. I don't show up. I go to Berlin. That's where I stashed the chandelier.
#truelove

"The offensive line just cannot allow that kind of seepage." - Spencer Tillman

seepage?? WTF? I'm not sure I even spelled that right, but why would that be in a commentators vocabulary anyway?? The dude is like fingernails on a chalkboard!

"The offensive line just cannot allow that kind of seepage." - Spencer Tillman

seepage?? WTF? I'm not sure I even spelled that right, but why would that be in a commentators vocabulary anyway?? The dude is like fingernails on a chalkboard!
You really don't know what seepage means?

lO
Dear Mr McNair,

LOL.
You need to be a screen writer if you're not one already.

Well Clyde Drexler will make you want to club baby seals..

:)

Clyde is bad .... but at least he is just being himself .... its like Spencer gets out the dictionary the night before and looks for a handful of words to use the next day .... or just makes sh!t up. He wants to sound like the smartest guy in the room or something .... and he's clueless.

Dear Mr. McNair,

If you want to get SERIOUS about WINNING and want to put a STOP to all of these SHENANIGANS and TOM FOOLERY, CALL PEYTON MANNING, RIGHT NOW!!!

Hire Peyton as your VICE PRESIDENT of FOOTBALL OPERATIONS & GENERAL MANAGER (not your QB).

If you want to inject EXUBERANCE and EXCITEMENT in to the Community and The Texans Nation I'm not sure there is a BETTER WAY!

Yours truly,

Texian

Dear Mr. McNair,

If you want to get SERIOUS about WINNING and want to put a STOP to all of these SHENANIGANS and TOM FOOLERY, CALL PEYTON MANNING, RIGHT NOW!!!

Hire Peyton as your VICE PRESIDENT of FOOTBALL OPERATIONS & GENERAL MANAGER (not your QB)

If you want to inject EXUBERANCE and EXCITEMENT in to the Community and The Texans Nation I'm not sure there is a BETTER WAY!

Yours truly,

Texian

I think they need Terrible Terry Tate .

Dear Mr. McNair,

Hire Peyton as your VICE PRESIDENT of FOOTBALL OPERATIONS & GENERAL MANAGER (not your QB).

Yours truly,

Texian

Manning is a risky choice. I could see him doing as poor of a job as Michael Jordan did when he was in charge of a team. The greats rarely turn into great GMs.

The "Greats" usually are born with a talent to play and not necessarily the ability to manage a team's cap or recognize other talent.

Manning is a risky choice. I could see him doing as poor of a job as Michael Jordan did when he was in charge of a team. The greats rarely turn into great GMs.

The "Greats" usually are born with a talent to play and not necessarily the ability to manage a team's cap or recognize other talent.

In Manning's case he has been associated with the NFL since the day he was born. More often the case is when children beginning learning their craft and trade as children they usually are much more successful than those who learn the craft and trade as adults. Manning is much more than just an athlete, he has several highly successful businesses he also oversees. If you get to know Archie's background and how Archie and Olivia brought up their children, instilled high morality, ethics and a strong sense of right and wrong. The evidence is there to suggest that Peyton would be highly successful. Archie stirring Eli to the Giants is a precursor of the management style you could expect from Peyton. Elway is the son of a highly successful football coach, so is Belichick.

Last edited:
He Bob while we're at it , can we get ridda Spencer Tillman .... He has to be the worst commentator in all of sports. I don't care if he was an Oiler - He Sucks.
HEY!!!

That guy is like smoke thru a keyhole when he's not busy being jonny on the spot with such tenaciousness.

He Bob while we're at it , can we get ridda Spencer Tillman .... He has to be the worst commentator in all of sports. I don't care if he was an Oiler - He Sucks.
HEY!!!

That guy is like smoke thru a keyhole when he's not busy being jonny on the spot with such tenaciousness.

In Manning's case he has been associated with the NFL since the day he was born. More often the case is when children beginning learning their craft and trade as children they usually are much more successful than those who learn the craft and trade as adults. Manning is much more than just an athlete, he has several highly successful businesses he also oversees. If you get to know Archie's background and how Archie and Olivia brought up their children, instilled high morality, ethics and a strong sense of right and wrong. The evidence is there to suggest that Peyton would be highly successful. Archie stirring Eli to the Giants is a precursor of the management style you could expect from Peyton. Elway is the son of a highly successful football coach, so is Belichick.

I've made it clear since the Oiler days that I love legacies. Those who grew up under NFL experience are best able to handle the chaos of the professional game and come out on top. I am almost entirely in support of your logic. However. I don't think Peyton Manning is someone who can transition to GM or any relevant upper-management position ... yet. Not because of his background in the NFL, or his results as a quarterback, or his experience across the NFL.

I don't think he's ready BECAUSE of his NFL career***. Like Elway, I think he needs a football venture that he can command and succeed with before attempting the NFL. Brady will get the nod, but Peyton may be the singularly greatest player the NFL has ever seen. And that is the problem. Peyton was 'an offensive coordinator on the field' because of how good he was. He carried talent deficient teams to 2 Superbowl appearances. Basically he spent his first 11 years in the NFL (long enough to define someone) as almost 'god' because that was his role on the Colts. He spent 4 years with the Broncos in the real world ... though that world was probowl receivers, tightends and arguably the best defense in the past 15 years ... and then Kubiak walked him to another ring.

***What does a Peyton Manning designed offense look like without Peyton Manning under center?

Back