Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Deal possibly in the works between Jets & Ravens

dhaNim

Noob
per KFFL:

Jets | Team working to acquire Cutler
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:51:49 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets are in discussions with the Baltimore Ravens to try to obtain Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler with the No. 13 overall draft choice, according to a person who has contact with several NFL teams. If Oregon DL Haloti Ngata is available for the Ravens at No. 13, the deal will be off. If Ngata is gone, the Ravens would trade the No. 13 overall pick to the Jets in exchange for the No. 29 overall pick and the No. 35 overall pick. The Jets would then take Cutler with the No. 13 draft choice. However, the deal would be dead if Cutler is not available.

here is a move that could happen if they dont make the trade above.

per KFFL:

Jets | Team could pick K. Clemens
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:50:39 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets are eyeing Oregon QB Kellen Clemens in the second or third round if they miss out on Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler.

nfl_a_cutler_134.jpg

not that I watch the show but doesn't Cutler look like the guy from the OC?

:heh:

I would not be surprised to see Cutler and Leinart fall ala Aaron Rodgers. Out side of Palmer and Roethlisberger, in the last four years, there has not been much value in taking a QB at #1.

dhaNim said:
Jets | Team working to acquire Cutler
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:51:49 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets are in discussions with the Baltimore Ravens to try to obtain Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler with the No. 13 overall draft choice, according to a person who has contact with several NFL teams. If Oregon DL Haloti Ngata is available for the Ravens at No. 13, the deal will be off. If Ngata is gone, the Ravens would trade the No. 13 overall pick to the Jets in exchange for the No. 29 overall pick and the No. 35 overall pick. The Jets would then take Cutler with the No. 13 draft choice. However, the deal would be dead if Cutler is not available

This sounds like a good deal for both sides..... a little hopeful I guess for the Jets..... I can see Arizona & Oakland passing on QBs this go 'round...... but with the big three QBs, the overall talent in the top 10, and the smoke being blown by Tennessee & N.O. I'm expecting more activity in this draft, to get into the top 10.

Back