Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

D'Brick to Tenn???

With Hopkins likely out, wouldn't you think that the Titans would actually strongly consider the top OT in the draft instead of getting a backup for the aging McNair for a couple more seasons? Comments???

Seems pretty likely. With guys like Croyle and Jacobs later on, they might pass on a QB in the first. They could just wait until next year for someone like Brady Quinn. I don't know their situation with Billy Volek, but they could take a chance on him and focus on some other positions.

I think the VY-McNair angle doesn't mean a whole lot to the Titans. They'll draft VY if they think he can be a great QB... if him being tight with McNair helps facilitate that, that's bonus and nothing more. Volek was great filling in in 2004. If I were them I would consider their situation similar to ours. QB isn't a "need" unless you think you can get a superstar or that Volek ultimately can't get you to the playoffs.

What happens if McNair plays injury free like its 2003. He's only 33. The thing that makes Tennessee's situation unique is the fact that they have a high-caliber QB in McNair and a backup who proved his worth in Volek. On paper, D'Brickashaw makes more sense for them.

TheTim5125 said:
if we traded down with the jets which i think is possible that is my biggest concern.

In this scenario wouldnt Reggie petiently (sp?) fall to #4? If the Jets take leinart, saints take young, and the titans take D'brick?

They used their 2nd round pick on Michael Roos last year (imagine drafting a lineman-crazy), and let him play RT to groom him for the move over. He played pretty well and though he may get schooled some it's not the end of the world if Hopkins is let go and they decide to take a playmaker of some sort.

Lets say we trade the pick to the Jets, and Reggie falls to us at the 4th pick. If this were to happen we should call Al Davis and trade down to the 7th pick and pick up more draft picks for more depth. We trade down and and we get one of the 3 useful picks we get. D'Brick, Super Mario, TE Davis, and AJ Hawk will all be there at 7, and we pick up more draft picks to lose most of the holes we have.

Sutton=08Heisman said:
In this scenario wouldnt Reggie petiently (sp?) fall to #4? If the Jets take leinart, saints take young, and the titans take D'brick?

The Saints won't take Vince, but your scenario could happen. Rumors have it that Sean Payton likes Cutler a lot, so they would most likely take Cutler if Leinart is gone, but if we trade down to #4 Reggie could still fall to us there as the Jets and Saints take Leinart and Cutler and the Titans take D'Brick, although the Jets or Titans could conceivably take Bush as well, which would leave us with Mario Williams which is fine with me.

I can't see Tenn passing on a QB but if for some crazy reason they do there is no way that N. Chow passes on R. Bush being that if anyone knows how to maximize Bush's talents it would be Chow.

WILLIEG said:
I can't see Tenn passing on a QB but if for some crazy reason they do there is no way that N. Chow passes on R. Bush being that if anyone knows how to maximize Bush's talents it would be Chow.
They would if they didnt have a starting LT. Wich they dont right know.

The Dude Abides said:
With Hopkins likely out, wouldn't you think that the Titans would actually strongly consider the top OT in the draft instead of getting a backup for the aging McNair for a couple more seasons? Comments???

Mcnair might be another of their cap casualties. N. Chow wants one of the usc guys. If both bush and leinart are gone by #3 they will look into taking the local kid (cutler) or maybe trading down. But you never know they could take ferguson:brickwall

Back