Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Day two picks.

Texans PLEASE TRADE DOWN!

Did Gaine trade up or down last draft? I wonder if Gaine has any connection with other GM's or if he has no one to trade with.

There are still a couple of good nickel CBs available in Julian Love and David Long. Should the Texans double up at CB? They need a guy that can play the slot.

If Rankin and Kalil can start and Scharping and maybe Howard can rotate in, I feel better now about Watson's health AND the running game AND letting our TEs go out for passes more and not be the left tackle we didn't have last year.

Also, I'm optimistic about our secondary, especially if Colvin can stay healthy.

Texans PLEASE TRADE DOWN!

Did Gaine trade up or down last draft? I wonder if Gaine has any connection with other GM's or if he has no one to trade with.

Definitely want to recoup something because we have no 4.

Does this draft appear to have more trades then usual?

Definitely want to recoup something because we have no 4.

Does this draft appear to have more trades then usual?

I was hoping we would trade 55 but I like Scharping and Lonnie so I'm glad we didn't.

I would like a 4th and 5th for our 3rd but if Justin Layne is there at 86, not sure I would pass on another press corner with great length.

So many good players left. I would trade our next years 3rd to get one of these WRs that are still available. McGouvern still available. Damien Harris! Love, Long, Layne and Gardner Johnson. Lots of WRs

There are still a couple of good nickel CBs available in Julian Love and David Long. Should the Texans double up at CB? They need a guy that can play the slot.
I love Love and my guy but Johnson can play slot imo

Yes, we could almost trade one of them. Need to add a lighter rusher, as injury insurance at least.
Jaylon Ferguson and Maxx Crosby are perfect for what you want. The former had some ranking him late first and I had him at either of our seconds. Crosby much later.

Being drafted a round ahead of their value based on who's board? Bucky Brooks said he has received calls from GMs stating Lonnie is gonna be the top CB in this class. Doubt their boards have him as a 3rd round value.

Scharping rated 2-3 round prospect by Zierlein. He's not a sexy player but he's probably one of the most solid clean prospects in this draft regardless of position and he'll help drop DW4's sack total. I'll take that in round 2.

I'm down with the Lonnie Johnson pick. Fair value and good player. I'm happy with the Johnson pick.

I was referring to Sharping. I don't mind the player, but feel he was a mild reach - therefore if they really liked him, trade down.

Still just the Jags tho.
If the D plays to potential and Foles can be good Foles then the AFCS could be the best in NFL this year
It was actually the best last year by win total (35), more than any other division. And all teams in top 12 defensively (yardage).

Screw it we came into this draft with two huge needs. OL and CB talent. We have Two OL now lets make it two CBs. Love or Layne will address those issues well.

One or both will be there at 86. Layne makes more sense because JJo only has 1 or 2 years left. (I think 1 as a starter and 1 as a mentor)

WR-Boykin

RB- Traevon Wiliams and Justice Hill

Guard-Connor Mcgovern

CB-Justin Layne, Isiah Johnson, Julian Love

Safety-Chauncey or Dionte Thompson

Hey Isiah Johnson is still out there. For some reason, I thought someone grabbed him. That would be a great choice as well.

Back