Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

David Carr's Performance

jacquescas

Veteran
14-23 60.9% 228 yards 1 TD 0 INT 108.6 QB Rating

8 carries 36 yards

I think he has played one of his better games, he got AJ the ball often, and had enough times to throw the ball.

Although Dunta sure had a huge game, as did Wells and AJ.... a real team effort. Faggins made a couple of big plays and almost had a second interception.

Carr had a great game today. His Dad was looking rough with that super-mullet so this was great timing.

I am looking forward to the offense with DD and Hollings both healthy behind this offensive line. I feel with the time he had today he wouldn't be dumping the ball off to Davis as much as he had to in the past.

Carr had a great game. He is improving a lot. He didn't take any (coverage) sacks and didn't force bad balls. I like that he kept slinging it to AJ and that he hit the receivers in the middle of the field. It certainly helps that he had time to read the field, so major props have to go to the offensive line. One thing, though: dude really needs to improve his play fake. He had a couple good ones, but if he just gets better at it, it will really help open things up.

He played good and finally had time in the pocket. The O-line was good today. I think Carr and AJ may finally have the on-field chemistry to start blowing up the NFL.

Marcus said:
Well golly! I wonder why that could be?

The offensive line had the great game today.

Quarterbacks get too much credit, and too much blame.
True. Its a team game. The WRs depend on Carr to get the ball. Carr depends on that Oline for time to throw it. The boys in the trenches dominated today. Carr did a good job with the time he had.

In addition to good protection (or maybe because of), Carr seemed more comfortable and when the protection broke down, he seemed to slide and step up more effectively. That is a big step.

Carr once again turned in an excellent performance. I mentioned in another thread that I'm confident our defense will come around and there will be ups and downs but Dunta Robinson did a great job today! With all that said our run defense must improve.

Fantastic how he waited for Johnson to go across the middle. We haven't seen much of that happening. Time?? what is that? This is something new for the offense.

David Carr played great today, he is now 7th in the league in Passing Yards with 775 yards, 9th in the league in completion pct. and 10th in the league in completions, he is looking pretty good right now, a lot of passing yards, and that is a good sign, it is what I want to see...Carr to Johnson....TOUCHDOWN!! I acn just see it right now! :thumbup

Other than the INT against Detroit and the one against Kansas City I think he's looked great all season. One of the INTs against San Diego was the tip and the other was at the end of the half and he was trying to make something happen. His percentage is up. He's throwing some TDs. His decision making looks better.

Two in a row. Finally!!! I love these Texans, but I loved them at 4 wins and 5 wins. I believe we will get 7-9 wins this year..... We have arrived. Happy Days in H-town. :yap

DavidCarr_Fan8 said:
David Carr played great today, he is now 7th in the league in Passing Yards with 775 yards, 9th in the league in completion pct. and 10th in the league in completions, he is looking pretty good right now, a lot of passing yards, and that is a good sign, it is what I want to see...Carr to Johnson....TOUCHDOWN!! I acn just see it right now! :thumbup

Those stats don't include todays game. He is over 1,000 yards passing for the year, on his way to 4,000!

carr displayed on his is best games ever in his three years in the league...but it was a total team effort...johnson is turning into the real deal at wide out and wells of all guys is starting to run like he should've three years ago...the o-line looks to be working with one another like they've been together for years...overall great performance by the offense

Plus 4 in turnovers was the difference in this game. Where have we heard that before?

Carr had a good game. So did the OL. Much better than I thought they would.

For a change the o-line was outstanding. Now, if they can keep it up, we might even be 8-8 or possibly better at the end of the season. If they revert, we will be lucky to see 5 wins.

DC and the boys played real well today.I gave the O-Line an A-plus, they did a great job, but the best thing was they won 2 in a row finally.Lets just hope that they can carry this into Minnesota.GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!

......in terms of pure abilities at least. Now I know "pure abilities" is no where near how you are supposed to judge a QB, but damn this guy has it all! I was really impressed with his speed and how he just out-ran Sapp on a scramble. I know he is mobile, but this guy can flat-out run! Plus, I've seen him make pretty much every throw in the book with his cannon arm. The throw across the field for the AJ TD was spot on! Seriously, who else has more talent than Carr at the QB position? When you think purely of what a QB can do, I think Carr is the best. Better than Manning, Favre, McNair, McNabb, or even other prospects like Palmer and Leftwich. I mean, there is physically nothing that he can't do that is demanded at the QB position.

Now I'm not saying he's the best QB in the league. He's likely not even top 10 right now. But in terms of what this guy can do, I really think he's the best in the league. You could make an argument for 2nd only to Vick. Still, I prefer QBs with a pass 1st mentality. It's usually more consistent. :thumbup

enthusiasm is always a good thing but.....

how he just out-ran Sapp on a scramble

i think carson palmer and even the pocket friendly leftwich stand a pretty good chance at beating an aging sapp around a corner. that being said, david sure did look good gaining his 35 or so yds on the ground, and showed his growing poise by sliding in bounds to keep that clock running in the 4th. with his mobility and the attitude of getting what he can get every play, it seems we have yet another dimesion to our pretty stout offensive potential.

Better than Manning, Favre, McNair, McNabb,

even in terms of ability i think mcnair and mcnabb have the edge on carr. you can argue about potential till the sun goes out but mcnair and mcnabb are already proven better qb's than what carr has shown. i really am not trying to bash anyone or take away from our hometown badass (carr), it just seems like the adrenaline is still flowing from our the haircut win (and borderline beatdown) against the raaaaiiderr's. looking forward, lets hope for the big upset against the vikes :headbang: and carr continuing to reach his all pro potential :thumbup

jr0ck said:
i think carson palmer and even the pocket friendly leftwich stand a pretty good chance at beating an aging sapp around a corner. that being said, david sure did look good gaining his 35 or so yds on the ground, and showed his growing poise by sliding in bounds to keep that clock running in the 4th. with his mobility and the attitude of getting what he can get every play, it seems we have yet another dimesion to our pretty stout offensive potential.

Sapp can move for a big man. Did you see last week against TB where he ran down their RB from behind and made the tackle?

JackDizzle said:
Sapp can move for a big man. Did you see last week against TB where he ran down their RB from behind and made the tackle?
Seems to me that the Men in Black had a hard time with Houston's heat & humidity. Both Sapp and Washington didn't have much going yesterday. And their team didn't look too comfortable in the sun on the sidelines either.

We should have had the roof open for the Chargers game.. big mistake! Use that roof as 13th man. Have it open next week ... The Purple People Eaters need to feel some Houston HEAT .. in more ways than one.

Certainly, this was one (if not the) of the best team victories by the
Texans! We all saw some positives on both sides of the ball and my hope
is that we build upon this--i.e., pressure on their quarterback, winning
the turnover battle, protecting our QB, utilizing all our weapons, minimizing
penalties, etc. No doubt, this week will be a huge challenge for this
coaching staff as we all hope we continue to move forward, leaving the
BS behind us-- great job, Texans! :headbang:

Good game Texans! I had a great time until the 4th quarter, oh well. That is the first chance I had to watch Carr. He looked good, better then I thought. I personally thought he would let you guys down. Good luck the rest of the way. As for the Raiders, I would like to see Tuiososopo in the game when Collins is not effective like yesterday's game!

wags said:
Those stats don't include todays game. He is over 1,000 yards passing for the year, on his way to 4,000!

Well those stats are already pretty good, soooo.....He is a lot better now! 1,000 passing yards, and it is week 4! David Carr is great, in a couple years we will be looking at 9-7, 10-6 record, this year 7-9 or 8-8! Go Texans!!!

Back