Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Damn You Simmons - EAGLES PREDICTION

flylikeaneagle

Waterboy
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/060906

this is what he has to say about the eagles:

Meanwhile, everyone's counting out the Eagles, who absolutely REEK of Ewing Theory potential after T.O.'s departure and everyone acting like they were a 6-10 team last season, when the reality was this: Their defense was decimated by injuries; they lost McNabb in Week 7 and Westbrook in Week 8; and the T.O soap opera and residual bitterness from the Pats' Super Bowl destroyed what was left of their season. Well, who has an easier schedule -- @Hou, NYG, @SF, GB, DAL, @NO -- over the first six weeks? With the exception of Dallas and Chicago, who has a better defense in the NFC? Why is everyone so willing to count out a team with a quality coach that's loaded on the offensive/defensive lines? Couldn't they do a reasonable impression of the 2005 Bears, only with a much better QB? I love the Eagles this season. More on this later.

(Another reason to love them: After hitting rock bottom last winter, Philly seems to be in the middle of an under-the-radar resurgence, between Ryan Howard putting the Phillies on his back, the success of "Invincible" and "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia," Billy King somehow avoiding a mindless Iverson trade (although there's still time), the upcoming Rocky movie, the hysterical M. Night Shyamalan book … I mean, all we're missing is the reunion of D.J. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince at this point. I'm feeling good things ahead for the Eagles. Can't explain it.)

on the division:

To everyone who keeps pushing the whole "there's no division tougher than the NFC East" crap. Dallas is stuck with Drew Bledsoe for another season (to the point that the phrases "QB controversy" and "Tony Romo" came into play last month), as well as mediocre running backs and the inevitable T.O.-Parcells / Vanderjagt-Parcells soap operas. The Skins went 0-4 in the preseason and looked like they were filming scenes for "The Replacements 2." Everyone seems to forget that (A) the Giants completely rolled over and quit on their coach at home in the playoffs last season; (B) Eli had the full-fledged Manning Face from Halloween through the New Year; and © their big free agent move was LaVar Arrington (who's good for 6-7 games this season). I don't get it. What's so great about the NFC East?

and then why eagles will make it to the super bowl:

In fact, let's just get to the big Super Bowl pick and call it a day. I narrowed it down to eight teams that could win it: New England, Indianapolis, Denver, Carolina, Dallas, Philly, Chicago and Miami. Nobody else made sense. From there, I crossed off Chicago, Miami and Denver because of their QBs. I crossed off Carolina because waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many people are riding that bandwagon; that never ends up working out. I crossed off Dallas because of the T.O.-Bledsoe thing, which seems destined to explode at the worst possible time. And I crossed off the Colts because they're the Colts. That was easy.

So who's left? New England and Philly.

You left out one important piece of the article ....

So who's left? New England and Philly. Just keep in mind, I have been to exactly three Super Bowls in my life, with each trip having been decided well in advance. Each time, my favorite team (the Pats) showed up and won the title. I'm three-for-three.

Why is this relevant, you ask? Because I'm going to the Super Bowl next February in Miami … and so are the Patriots. It's destiny.

Pats 27, Eagles 20.

Yeah , thats right , the Iggles lose the big one again :yahoo:

:stirpot:

GuerillaBlack said:
I propose for no more Simmons articles on this board.

Ill second that motion ..... Cant wait for week two . Im kinda sick of Iggles fan stinking up our board :chicken: :shoot:

corrosion said:
You left out one important piece of the article ....

Yeah , thats right , the Iggles lose the big one again :yahoo:

:stirpot:
Perhaps a Houston team will actually make it to the big game one day.

FlyEaglesFly said:
Perhaps a Houston team will actually make it to the big game one day.

Have we forgotten about the Rockets Back to Back champoinships ?
How about the Astros in the World Series last year (yeah , I know they got swept , but they Made it to the big game) .... and by the way until this week the Phillies had'nt beaten the Astro's for TWO Years .

Philly Phan ,Phace the Phacts, you are too stuck on yourself to see the world around you ....

corrosion said:
Have we forgotten about the Rockets Back to Back champoinships ?
How about the Astros in the World Series last year (yeah , I know they got swept , but they Made it to the big game) .... and by the way until this week the Phillies had'nt beaten the Astro's for TWO Years .

Philly Phan ,Phace the Phacts, you are too stuck on yourself to see the world around you ....
Um, I'm strictly talking about the Super Bowl.

Back