Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Culpepper?

texansrock

Practice Squad
Do you think he would be a good fit here in Houston next year? Hes had an entire year to regain the strength in his knee, and he might come relatively cheap. Everyone says hes nothing without an elite reciever (Randy Moss) but think about it, isnt AJ just as good as Randy??? Hes also a good running QB, which isnt a bad thing behind our patchwork offensive line. Thoughts anyone?

I think the Texans will need to pick up an experienced FA with some solid past success. Should it be Culpepper? I don't know.

No Culpepper.

He cannot avoid being sacked. Look at how he did behind Miami's bad OL. Imagine him behind ours.

He fumbles way too often

No....he might have an arm, but not mobile and well I would rather have David, he is at least if anything, as durable as it comes...

Do you think he would be a good fit here in Houston next year? Hes had an entire year to regain the strength in his knee, and he might come relatively cheap. Everyone says hes nothing without an elite reciever (Randy Moss) but think about it, isnt AJ just as good as Randy??? Hes also a good running QB, which isnt a bad thing behind our patchwork offensive line. Thoughts anyone?

AJ is a great receiver, yes. But he's not the speed receiver Randy Moss is. He's never played well wihtout Moss, and I pray we don't pick him up. He's not used to playing in a West Coast offense, the offense which he showed the most consistency with was the Vertical Offense in Minnesota. Likewise, he was involved in that boat scandal, and regardless of what you might think about him I don't think that Kubiak would take the chance with him.

I heard that Garcia would prefer to stay as a backup in Philly rather than start for a bad team...but I think he'd be our best bet if we're done with Carr.

Culpepper would probably be one of the WORST choices if we would to go qb shopping this offseason. if we were to pick up a free agent i think... actually nobody would be better than Carr right now. Culpepper out right sucks and Harrington, let me say that again, Harrington had to salvage the season and threw 400 a couple of times to the offencive weapons he has and gave Culpepper no reason to do as bad as he did (2 TD's 3 Ints in 4 games). Plummer is way past his prime and threw more ints this season (in the not whole season he started) than Carr (13-12 but Carr started 16 games next to Plummers 11). we'll see how Garcia does in the playoffs but he wont join a team that went 6-10 with the offencive genious of Kubes on the sideline calling the plays.

Harrington, let me say that again, Harrington had to salvage the season and threw 400 a couple of times to the offencive weapons he has and gave Culpepper no reason to do as bad as he did (2 TD's 3 Ints in 4 games).
harrington sucked a thousand times more than culpepper this season. it's not even close. harrington blows and should never take another snap in the NFL again.

as for culpepper, we're not giving him up. when he's healthy, he'll be dominant.

harrington sucked a thousand times more than culpepper this season. it's not even close. harrington blows and should never take another snap in the NFL again.

as for culpepper, we're not giving him up. when he's healthy, he'll be dominant.
Change when to if he's healty?
:tease:

With a realy good O-line he might be, but that seems to be in short supply right at the moment, besides he fumbles more than Carr does.

I went to Dolphins training camp and Culpepper looked great. Then I went to the Texans/Dolphins game and he looked like crap, he couldn't move! I don't think he's going to be able to come back 100% from the knee injury and be any kind of scrambler - he'll be like Bledsoe and get sacked all the time cuz he can't move.

Not an upgrade in my opinion. But what do I know? :joker:

With a realy good O-line he might be, but that seems to be in short supply right at the moment, besides he fumbles more than Carr does.

Agreed - Culpepper would be more of the same, except older and more broken down - at least Carr can scramble for a first down!

Of the FA QBs out there my first choice would be Garcia.

Agreed - Culpepper would be more of the same, except older and more broken down - at least Carr can scramble for a first down!

Of the FA QBs out there my first choice would be Garcia.

I doubt the Iggles let Garcia get out of town and he seems to want to stay there anyway.

Back