Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Comments and Questions

TexanTider

Practice Squad
First of all, that was a great game and enjoyed it every bit. I'm a first year season ticket holder (Sec. 134) and have been waiting for a great game. I used my 2 and bought 4 more for visiting family from Alabama. They loved watching Demeco run around and Peyton getting beat.

I think they are converts as I had to buy them all Texans hats for XMAS.

Our questions would be:

1. Why didn't we blitz more? Is it just too dangerous against the colts or was their O-Line picking it up?

2. Why were people sitting on their keesters for big defensive downs? I want to hear more noise even though we did well.

3. Who are we gonna draft early next year?

Anyway, I got 2 other friends from Bama coming down for the Browns game and a New Year's Eve celebration. Hopefully we can turn them into Texans fans...

First of all, that was a great game and enjoyed it every bit. I'm a first year season ticket holder (Sec. 134) and have been waiting for a great game. I used my 2 and bought 4 more for visiting family from Alabama. They loved watching Demeco run around and Peyton getting beat.

Our questions would be:

1. Why didn't we blitz more? Is it just too dangerous against the colts or was their O-Line picking it up?

2. Why were people sitting on their keesters for big defensive downs? I want to hear more noise even though we did well.

Anyway, I got 2 other friends from Bama coming down for the Browns game and a New Year's Eve celebration. Hopefully we can turn them into Texans fans...
I can answer the first...manning is so good at recognizing the blitz and finding his guys that it would have been a disaster for us...not taking anything away from our db's but manning is just that good.

As far as who we will draft early, I would like to see us draft Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State and Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville.

Our questions would be:

1.) We cant cover nor can we bring consistent heat to the QB. Add that Manning is the best at picking apart a defense and you see why we didnt and dont blitz as much.

2.)Its been a season with more downs then ups. Sadly alot of "fans" have given up.

3.) We have tons of needs. All will depend on draft position and which under classmen will come out for the draft.

Decent answers to 1 and 3, I guess number 2 just comes with success??

Any chance we trade out of round one to fill some gaps?

if the colts would have a better front four, we would not have won the game i can assure you that..

but running the ball vs indy is killing 2 birds with one stone..
1. you take time off the clock and have less time of manning on the field
2. you are going to score a TD

JMO, but this thread has some great info, and our game planning was 'right on' for this game. Three things were important in that game plan-- 1) run the ball/control the clock to 2) keep Manning off the field but-most important- 3) score points when doing #1.

Some teams have tried to 'blitz' Manning with little success-others have tried to get in a scoring 'contest' with him but -for at least this year- they can be beaten via the run., as long as you do 1 thru 3...........

Back