[CHRONIC] Texans hope to host Cowboys in preseason

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans34Life, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Texans34Life

Texans34Life I BLEED TEXANS!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texans/6925340.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -- It looks as if the Texans are going to host the Dallas Cowboys two times next season.

Although it hasn't been announced by the NFL, which sets preseason schedules, expect the Cowboys to visit Reliant Stadium in the third preseason game. The Texans and Cowboys played a home-and-home preseason series until last year.

"We still haven't heard anything official, but I hope it's true," owner Bob McNair said. "I think it'll be great. I always want to play the Cowboys every year. We did up until last year, and we hope to again, starting next preseason. I think we should play them every year."

The Cowboys are splitting training camp between San Antonio and California. On their way home from California, they're expected to come to Houston to play.

Owner Jerry Jones told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram recently that he expected the Cowboys to play a preseason game at Houston.

As always, the Texans will close preseason against Tampa Bay. That game will be at Reliant Stadium. The first two games against an opponent to be determined and the New Orleans Saints will be played on the road.

The Texans will host the Cowboys during regular season. The date and time won't be announced until next month. It'll be the second time the Cowboys have played a regular-season game at Reliant Stadium. The Texans defeated them in the franchise's first game in 2002.

2. Sideline

Sideline Hall of Fame

You have to think that the game in the regular season will be prime time.

I hope so anyway.

3. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

What the article doesn't mention is that since the Girls play the Bungles in the HOF game, it will be the Texans' 3rd preseason game............but the Girls' 4th preseason game. And as you know, the 3rd game is when the starters play the most, while the 4th game is when final looks at players which are most like not to be seen again or when looks at 2nd and 3rd stringers abound. So I doubt (despite a normal "rest" period prior to the 1st regular season game for the Girls) that there will be much that we will be able to walk away with concerning true analysis of this likely very skewed head to head talent.

4. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

The Hall of Fame Game participants get 5 preseason games.

5. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Good. I hope our first stringers run the score up thereby us developing a reputation for not backing down. I'm ready to sock 'em in the mouth. Twice.

Eff 'em.

6. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Now that you bring it up........you're absolutely right.........gives them more games to have players injured.........and, for those avoiding injury, more wear and tear going into the regular season........

7. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I want no part of the Cowboys twice.

Every time they come to Reliant, their fans as a group are donkeys. I have been threatened twice by Cowboy fans mostly because 1. I dared to wear Texans clothes at the Texans home stadium; 2. they were drunk a-holes. It wasn't because their teams lost because usually they lost after I was assaulted or nearly assaulted.

This time I'm not playing. I will totally narc a Cowboy fan on the narc text line if they give me any sort of trouble in my direction. Even though the Texans win, I really do not like the Cowboy fan behavior at Reliant.

8. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I don't want to play them in preseason if we are going to play them in the regular season.

9. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Cowboy fans are some of the worst. My buddy has a card shop and I have been over there when he and I have almost came to blows with Cowpatty fans who run off at the mouth and think it's ok to threaten us or his other customers in the shop. It's actually kind of sad. Not many are actually cool. Steeler fans are for the most part just too cocky, not as a-holeish.

10. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

DITTO!!!! Once is enough!

11. ArTex

ArTex Rookie

Holy HECK. My password hasnt worked in 2 years, NOR did the password reset option? :headhurts: Now it randomly let me change the password. Once Casserly left town, he took my site membership with him!! lol

Not that it matters to anyone or anything here, just strange...I guess welcome myself back. Hope many posts can follow...

I VERY briefly went to Cowboys training camp in Oxnard, CA years ago for the heck of it. Even here in another state Cowboys fans are dillholes. You'd figure there'd be some dillhole dilution the further out they are, but nope.

12. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

the problem with the chronicle is that any common abbreviation i see of it (chron, chronic, whatever) always steers the mind towards some blessed botanical. that's no good because what i'm gonna read will ALWAYS be a disappointment.

what i'm trying to say is that our local print paper sucks and it's been in this miasmic state since The Houston Post died. a lack of competition can do terrible things to a voice.

SheTexan likes this.
  13. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

If there are any fans less knowledgable than Cowboy fan I don't know who they are.

14. Craig.

Craig. Nosebleeds

Not this again...

Look, not all of us are like that. When I first joined this board I posted a thread about how I got a taste of what y'all were talking about but 3/4 Cowboys fans in attendance for that game were just there to root on their team, talk a little smack, and have fun.

Just like everyone else in the stadium.

Don't paint all Cowboys fans with the same broad brush. Especially the ones tailgating with you wearing the Schaub jersey and NFC East Champions hat ;)

The worst fans I have encountered to date are Niners fans. Waaay more *********gery than anything I saw from the drunkest of 'Boys fans.

15. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Not saying all Cowturd fans are like this, just alot of them.

16. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Pass.

I'd almost rather play the Buccaneers again in the pre-season instead of the Cowboys twice in one year.

17. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

C'mon fellas we got bigger fish to fry here.
    It amazes me how badly a lot of people in Houston want to beat the Cowboys.
    I believe there's Texans fans who would trade a sweep of Indy for a single win
    against the non-division/non-conference opponent Dallas ?
    Let's get our prioritys straight, the teams we really should want and need to beat the most are AFC South teams and most of all the Colts, otherwise we're never going to make it to the playoffs.

18. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

HoustonFrog? He's a decent one. I like him ok.

19. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Love it, time to make some money back on this putrid investment to date.

20. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I hate the Colts, and want nothing more than to sweep them and the TicTacks. The Jags last year were an aberation, we own them. I, for one, just also really hate Cowpatties. Is it too much to ask for 6-0 in AFC South AND a win vs the Brokeback Mountain gang?