Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Chiefs versus Texans: Gameday thread

It was so nice to see a real qb operate in a Texans uniform. Schaub was excellent despite throwing that early interception. He made throws that I never saw David Carr make in his tenure here in Houston. The o-line was very good except for a few spots here and there. The running game was solid and I expect it to get better as the season moves along. Now, I was a bit worried about the defense because in all honesty they looked like the defense from last year. No pass rush and I thought we were going to be in trouble. But the second half was an entirely different story for the d-line and I couldn't be prouder of them. Mario Williams & Crew were giving the Chiefs nightmares and I was so happy for Mario Williams to have those 2 sacks and score a touchdown. He deserves all the praise. I said last year that we will be a better team because of Mario Williams and today he proved it. Also, Anthony Maddox, Travis Johnson, N.D. Kalu, and Amobi Okoye were terrific. All in all a very positive start to the season but the real test will come next week against the Panthers. But for now let's enjoy the moment because it was the dawning of a new era in Houston Texans history.

its strange, today when schaub was being bull rushed he ran away from it and completed the pass or threw it away, carr would have like collapsed and fumbled

This may be a great day...

I mean I didn't really care if the Boys lost or won today until a 'boy fan started to talk to me about how lucky we got...

But great game Houston...man we DOMINATED a game...I can't believe I am saying that...that there was no doubt in ANYONE's mind that we should have won that game...I can't wait for Carolina :fans:

Back