Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cheering and Throwing Ice ...

kingtexan

All Pro
After watching MS stand there sulking for two games wearing his helmet on the sideline ... hiding under it, while his team is out there battling for Case in a way they never would have for him ... now I get it. I have never been a Schaub supporter, but also thought the fans were acting foolish for going at him the way they did. I don't anymore. Just want him and his family out of Houston as soon as possible so we can began the process of forgetting we ever had the misfortune of having him here to begin with. Matt Schaub is the definition of a loser.

I blame the team more.. nobody likes to lose their job, it's got to be even worse when you lose your job and aren't allowed a pink slip. The team could've avoided all of this by simply I.R.ing Schaub.

I also wouldn't call him the "definition of a loser". He just is limited in what he can physically do, but he still wants to be out there. Again could have avoided all of it by placing him on I.R. I still appreciate his service to the team.. regardless if he was just a bridge from a horrible QB to a possible franchise QB.

After watching MS stand there sulking for two games wearing his helmet on the sideline ... hiding under it, while his team is out there battling for Case in a way they never would have for him ... now I get it. I have never been a Schaub supporter, but also thought the fans were acting foolish for going at him the way they did. I don't anymore. Just want him and his family out of Houston as soon as possible so we can began the process of forgetting we ever had the misfortune of having him here to begin with. Matt Schaub is the definition of a loser.

I understand being mad at Schaub but running him out of town is a little much. I don't know him personally but I'm guessing that describes 99.9999% of this board so lets go easy on truely hating the guy. Its one thing to be glad we are going a new direction its another to attack the guy as a person.

Did you hate him when he was throwing for 300+ yards and winning games? I'm not defending him, I'm glad to see Case get a shot, but I dislike his football, I don't hate him as a person.

I blame the team more.. nobody likes to lose their job, it's got to be even worse when you lose your job and aren't allowed a pink slip. The team could've avoided all of this by simply I.R.ing Schaub.

I also wouldn't call him the "definition of a loser". He just is limited in what he can physically do, but he still wants to be out there. Again could have avoided all of it by placing him on I.R.

the team? that's pretty vague. I blame Kubiak more. He let the situation get out of hand for schaub and the fans. Kubiak should have benched schaub sooner and not let it get to the point of high frustration for all parties involved including the fans to the point that they are booing him when he got injured, jeering him in his house, making cut schaub signs on the freeway, the burger name etc...

Kubiak should have benched schaub, let him take a break, watch from the sidelines, get a different perspective on the moment and let him gather his thoughts and let him regroup.

Instead he kept the status quo and showing undying loyalty to a fault and the fans and his embattled quarterback responded accordingly, negatively.

Schaub cant change who he is, but gary has the power to change who his quarterback is.

I believe he was wearing his helmet during offensive drives in order to hear the calls going out to Case.

A buddy of mine at the last game said Schaub often took his helmet off during breaks and when the Texans defense was on the field.

:rolleyes: Geez, some people take sports way too far. Dislike the 'player' as much as you like, but it's ignorant talking like this about a guy and his family over bad performances on the field.

I've never met the guy, but he seems like a great person off the field.

:rolleyes: Geez, some people take sports way too far. Dislike the 'player' as much as you like, but it's ignorant talking like this about a guy and his family over bad performances on the field.

Have to agree. Run him out of town why? I love my football, my teams, etc. But I am not going to put it to the point where I want a guy out of town as if he has done wrong for a city. Schaub has given to the community and ran some successful charities. So I have no issue for someone who has been good to our city even if their play sucked on the field. It's not that serious.

I believe he was wearing his helmet during offensive drives in order to hear the calls going out to Case.

A buddy of mine at the last game said Schaub often took his helmet off during breaks and when the Texans defense was on the field.

That is correct. I was **gasp** at the Colt's game, and he stood pretty much in front of us. He was listening to the plays on offense. The helmet was off any other time.

I did wonder why he was so isolated from everyone else on the team though. Pouting, or giving Keenum space to lead? I'm a positive guy, so I'll go with the latter.

All Schaub ever did was play to the limits of his ability, save a bunch of Texans fans money by sticking with #8, and play so much better than David Carr that we finally knew what it was like to watch an NFL offense on the field.

He improved the team immensely when he came here. Was he the answer to the Super Bowl question? No and that's unfortunate but he tried and I don't hate him. I just want to see Case Keenum keep moving in the pocket and hitting wide open WR's deep. Doesn't mean I have any animosity towards Matt Schaub. Hell, if he works on his diction and stuff I'd perfectly content to hear him calling Texans games one day on the radio.

the team? that's pretty vague. I blame Kubiak more. He let the situation get out of hand for schaub and the fans. Kubiak should have benched schaub sooner and not let it get to the point of high frustration for all parties involved including the fans to the point that they are booing him when he got injured, jeering him in his house, making cut schaub signs on the freeway, the burger name etc...

Kubiak should have benched schaub, let him take a break, watch from the sidelines, get a different perspective on the moment and let him gather his thoughts and let him regroup.

Instead he kept the status quo and showing undying loyalty to a fault and the fans and his embattled quarterback responded accordingly, negatively.

Schaub cant change who he is, but gary has the power to change who his quarterback is.

This is 100% correct IMO.

That is correct. I was **gasp** at the Colt's game, and he stood pretty much in front of us. He was listening to the plays on offense. The helmet was off any other time.

I did wonder why he was so isolated from everyone else on the team though. Pouting, or giving Keenum space to lead? I'm a positive guy, so I'll go with the latter.

I saw him warm up with AJ once during the game . I actually thought he was coming in and worse , it wouldn't have surprised me .

Schaub and his days are over with, let him be. They can't realistically do anything with him now that the trading deadline is over with, and he is a better backup than Yates. Might as well get used to him walking the sidelines here, it's his last season as a player here anyway.

I just don't have the dislike for him that I used to knowing that Keenum is the starter now.

You mean losers are the first to show up to work, and the last to leave? Losers break passing records and lead a team to a 12-4 record? I've had my criticisms of Schaub, and he needs to go, but reel in the hyperbole. He's done good things for this fanbase.

FYI, throwing ice or any object at anyone at a game is unaccetable. People should get booted for that.

it's ignorant talking like this about a guy and his family over bad performances on the field.

So you would rather his kids live here and endure the ridicule that is sure to come their way in school? Would rather his family not be able to go out to dinner or shopping without hearing the comments about how we had a chance at a Superbowl, but "that guy" blew it for us? Ok, guess I am ignorant ...

You mean losers are the first to show up to work, and the last to leave? Losers break passing records and lead a team to a 12-4 record?

First of all there are people in every type of profession who keep their jobs simply for being the ones that "come in first and leave last", without ever contributing anything in between. It, like Schaubs stats, is one of the most overrated things in history. That being said, he wouldnt have those stats without receivers making acrobatic catches to make up for his lack of accuracy. The team went 12-4 ... the receivers put up nice receiving yards, in spite of Matt ... Matt was the beneficiary of a lot of others people skills, making up for his lack of having any.

So you would rather his kids live here and endure the ridicule that is sure to come their way in school? Would rather his family not be able to go out to dinner or shopping without hearing the comments about how we had a chance at a Superbowl, but "that guy" blew it for us? Ok, guess I am ignorant ...

Oh - it's for the children!

I thought it was because:

Just want him and his family out of Houston as soon as possible so we can began the process of forgetting we ever had the misfortune of having him here to begin with.

Somehow I got the wrong impression from reading you own words.

I also wouldn't call him the "definition of a loser". He just is limited in what he can physically do, but he still wants to be out there. Again could have avoided all of it by placing him on I.R. I still appreciate his service to the team.. regardless if he was just a bridge from a horrible QB to a possible franchise QB.

You said it perfectly. They should have done the IR move to save him some face. Yeah, he's struggled and I want him off the roster and give the team to Case as much as anyone. It's not because he's a loser, though. His contract doesn't afford us the luxury of keeping him around as a backup and we could use that money elsewhere. He was a solid starter for this team and helped us go from laughingstocks to SB contenders. The rails fell off this season, but it doesn't feel like 2005. There wasn't a lot of talent on that team. This team has talent. A change at QB and hopefully a change at HC or at least a philosophical adjustment and we have a chance to get back our place next season.

Have to agree. Run him out of town why? I love my football, my teams, etc. But I am not going to put it to the point where I want a guy out of town as if he has done wrong for a city. Schaub has given to the community and ran some successful charities. So I have no issue for someone who has been good to our city even if their play sucked on the field. It's not that serious.

Spot on - all he has ever done is give his best for the team, and produced a lot more successfully than any other QB the Texans has had. He's a standup guy by all reports and has never caused a distraction to the team off the field.

The guy can be disliked for the ability that he doesn't have in a professional sense (which is more the fauly of the coaching staff/organisation) - but to run someone out of town, or hurl abuse/ice at him whilst he's standing on the sideline watching someone else lead what used to be his team, knowing that he's likely finished as a starter (which may have been prevented by playing him on IR, letting Case shine and gracefully releasing him at season end) in the NFL is pathetic. Such special treatment should be for people who actaully deserve it - the ones who have the rap sheets and disrespectful attitude to the fans and the city, if ever it should be dished out. Schaub's only crime was not being quite good enough to get them one step further in the playoffs.

Yup. Frankly kind of ignorant by the OP to think wearing his helmet was sulking.

Runner - your more optimistic interpretation is the correct one IMO of Schaub giving Case space to work. That was the right thing to do and should be applauded not criticized.

All Schaub ever did was play to the limits of his ability, save a bunch of Texans fans money by sticking with #8, and play so much better than David Carr that we finally knew what it was like to watch an NFL offense on the field.

He improved the team immensely when he came here. Was he the answer to the Super Bowl question? No and that's unfortunate but he tried and I don't hate him. I just want to see Case Keenum keep moving in the pocket and hitting wide open WR's deep. Doesn't mean I have any animosity towards Matt Schaub. Hell, if he works on his diction and stuff I'd perfectly content to hear him calling Texans games one day on the radio.

Spot on.

Please, please don't pretend you have any concern for his family.

I would have picked disingenuous rather than ignorant but we can go with both.

Seriously though. The potential for backlash from the fans seems obvious. Why didn't he just wear a headset? The reality of listening into the play calls made by Kubiak doesn't change the fact that he looked like a pouting dork on national TV. When I've seen Yates in a similar role he is wearing a headset and engaging with other people on the sideline. The helmet wasn't a wise fashion choice.

But whatever...I like Schaub a lot more as a person now that his career with the Texans is probably over. Would have been nice if Kubiak could have made that decision before Schaub contributed so greatly to our ruined season and became public enemy #1 though.

Doesn't look like he's sulking here. Looks like he's into the game and fired up with this catch by Hops

BYa2vXxCEAAcC4d.jpg:large

I'm so glad I never bought a #8 jersey, LOL.

I got a couple of them. I'm not sad I spent the money. I got quite a few years of service out of them.

It's time to go get some #7's though. My guy in China's already cranking them out

:fans:

Running the guy out of town is overly harsh. I don't know him personally, but by all accounts, Schaub seems to be a good fellow human being. As a Texans fan, I am simply relieved beyond all possible imagination that he is no longer the starting QB and I won't develop any ulcers watching him play on my beloved football team. Outside of that, I could care less what he does or where he goes as long as it doesn't affect the Texans. Stay in Houston, move to the end of the world, go to the moon? It's all good to me as long as someone else is playing QB.

Doesn't look like he's sulking here. Looks like he's into the game and fired up with this catch by Hops

What you cannot see is that both middle fingers are extended and he's yelling "EFF YOU CASE!!!"

Kidding of course.

Great find, though. I have heard nothing but positive things about Schaub as it pertains to helping Case as the starter. I would expect nothing less from Schaub, as he has always exemplified professionalism as a Houston Texan.

Sad how so many fans are unable to be objective and have to make it personal against the man. Reminds me of my grandpa telling me to never befriend a known backstabber, because that pat on the back might be looking for a soft spot to plant the knife.

Seriously, I have not been a Schaub lover, but he has done well here far better than we had when he got here.

- he seems like a pretty decent guy.
- they are both very active in the community.

I'm not sure why you think running him out of town is a great idea, have some respect for the effort and time he's put into our team.

Why didn't he just wear a headset? The reality of listening into the play calls made by Kubiak doesn't change the fact that he looked like a pouting dork on national TV. When I've seen Yates in a similar role he is wearing a headset and engaging with other people on the sideline.

Careful, they might hear you ...

Is this an example of the great body language interpretation we need TSA to use to find terrorists?

Or am I totally in the wrong section?

I'm not sure what people expect when a starting QB gets demoted, and is no longer the starting QB. It's going to take a while for Matt to either find his new role, or move on from the team.

I can't imagine how hard is to lose the starting QB role. Give him a break he's trying to find his role, and not interfere with what's going on with Case. Give him a couple weeks and let's see what he's going to do.

100% Agree ... KingTexan is way out of line with this post.

Is this an example of the great body language interpretation we need TSA to use to find terrorists?

Or am I totally in the wrong section?

Well, it is about as silly and as effective...

anyway, schuab was a weird body language/facial expression player when he the productive, clear leader of the team. Add poor performance and getting replaced is not going to help that out any.

I have been upfront and vocal about hoping Schaub never plays QB here again. He's simply no longer a good QB for the texàns. I expect him to be very pissed about knowing he's done here but I also expect him go be a professional. But there is no reason I would want him out of houston. He has been a positive figure in the community and is very charitable. If I ever saw him I won't go asking for a pic and autograph but I would never insult him or his family either. Some people need to get a better grip on reality. The texans are my favorite team, entertainers and show but that's all it is. At the end of the season good or bad I get ready for the next one. Who the phu@k throws ice? That's the behavior of idiot children.

Problem identified! Good job!

Seriously, what kind of an asshat would raise their kids to bully Schaub's kids? And he "blew" the Superbowl for the Texans? Without him the Texans NEVER would have made the playoffs.

After 6 years of being the best QB ever in Texans history his body broke down, and he has been replaced and you think he and his family should never be allowed to show their faces in Houston again because people will bully them and give them crap? Not that many people are Richie Incognito or you.

I want to be done with the Schaub era as much as anyone, but some of you guys are being way to harsh.

Schaub has done a lot of good for this team, and before his injury, was in the discussion as a top 10 QB. He had a terrible injury thanks to that DB Haynesworth that he has not been able to recover from, and never will.

I would much rather thank him for all he has done on his way out than treat him like he is a piece of trash. Even Kubiak figured this out and made a very uncharacteristic change in the middle of the season.

I understand that people are pissed that the season has not lived up to our hyped up expectations, but after all it is really JUST a game, not real life. Even JJ spoke about football not being real life after Kubiak had the stroke, and he is as intense and into football as they come.

First of all there are people in every type of profession who keep their jobs simply for being the ones that "come in first and leave last", without ever contributing anything in between. It, like Schaubs stats, is one of the most overrated things in history. That being said, he wouldnt have those stats without receivers making acrobatic catches to make up for his lack of accuracy. The team went 12-4 ... the receivers put up nice receiving yards, in spite of Matt ... Matt was the beneficiary of a lot of others people skills, making up for his lack of having any.

You're going from guardrail to guardrail with the hyperbole. That's fine if you want to privately simmer in your own unchallenged opinion, but to broadcast it here without acknowledging facts is unfair to players who deserve credit for what they've honestly accomplished. Matt Schaub worked his ass off for a winning record for this team and fanbase. He fell short, and he needed to move on, but he deserves credit where it's due -- not uninformed knee-jerkers spreading the sentiment that he's a loser.

Stated more eloquently:

He improved the team immensely when he came here.

I have some advice for the OP: Go out in the world and put your ass on the line to try to accomplish something big. Really put it out there. If you succeed, then congrats. You've joined the 0.01% of the world who've experienced success without failure, and hopefully you don't join the disproportionate suicide rate of lottery winners. If you fail, note the people on the sideline who hold that failure against you, and note how they'll never attempt anything worth a damn in their entire lives. All they ever produce are cheap, verbal attempts to elevate themselves over anyone they see stumble. Just criticize, drink beer, and marry the fat chick no one else wanted.

And then note that Matt Schaub's wife is hot.

schaub was a good QB that's all I can really say what was it 2010 we were like 9-2 before he got hurt then we win like 12 wins right I forget

anways tho sad thing is we kinda still need schaub right now if case goes down :knocks on wood" then guess who steps right on in LOL

You're going from guardrail to guardrail with the hyperbole. That's fine if you want to privately simmer in your own unchallenged opinion, but to broadcast it here without acknowledging facts is unfair to players who deserve credit for what they've honestly accomplished. Matt Schaub worked his ass off for a winning record for this team and fanbase. He fell short, and he needed to move on, but he deserves credit where it's due -- not uninformed knee-jerkers spreading the sentiment that he's a loser.

Stated more eloquently:

I have some advice for the OP: Go out in the world and put your ass on the line to try to accomplish something big. Really put it out there. If you succeed, then congrats. You've joined the 0.01% of the world who've experienced success without failure, and hopefully you don't join the disproportionate suicide rate of lottery winners. If you fail, note the people on the sideline who hold that failure against you, and note how they'll never attempt anything worth a damn in their entire lives. All they ever produce are cheap, verbal attempts to elevate themselves over anyone they see stumble. Just criticize, drink beer, and marry the fat chick no one else wanted.

And then note that Matt Schaub's wife is hot.

You mad bro?

think-of-the-children.jpg

OP throws out his argument, notices everyone disagrees, tries to backpedal, and now just taking shots at other posters and classic "you mad bro" liners. A+, would read again. Please never stop making threads.

May want to go back to watching figure skating there skippy, apparently football is beyond you ...

You may want to go back to yelling at the children you coach at the fun fair football league that you obviously dominate with your motivational pep talks and infinate football acumen. Schaub was terrible this season, there is no doubt about that. I for one am glad he's done, but he was only one of the many issues this team still has that's keeping it from being a winner. Did you bet your life savings on the Texans making it to the Super Bowl? I hope you don't choke on a large chunk of ice, lord knows the world would miss your insight Mr. real life R. Lee Ermy.

You mad bro?

Tell us again about how Schaub and his family need to be run out of town.

The situation would seemingly be awkward for the second-year pro in his relationship with Matt Schaub, who was playing poorly before getting hurt, but Keenum insisted Schaub has handled the transition in classy fashion.

“He couldn’t be a better guy through the whole thing,” Keenum said. “I’m extremely proud to know him. He’s still giving advice without me asking, just being there for me for whatever I need. I can’t say enough about him. He’s one of the best guys I know. I’m really fortunate to have him in our quarterback room.”

Keenum said Schaub helps him “every day. It’s in between plays in practices, on the sideline, watching film in the morning, all that stuff. It’s constant.”

Link.

Tell us again about how Schaub and his family need to be run out of town.

Link.

I love when people quote players that are currently playing for the team. Do you expect them to say anything negative? Really? :rolleyes:

Also like that everyone jumps on me when I state the obvious. Matt Schaub and his family will be leaving town ... that is just a fact. Anyone who would like to put a wager on it not happening I will gladly take all bets.

Carry on internet tough folks. :ahhaha:

Back