CBS SPORTSLine Prisco's Draft Grades

D-Rob23

Waterboy
Draft grades: Fair or not, you want 'em, you got 'em
By Pete Prisco
CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9408807/

Houston Texans
Best pick: By taking Eric Winston in the third round, they get a player with first-round ability. Before tearing up a knee, he was considered a potential top 10 pick.

Worst pick: Mario Williams. They should have selected Reggie Bush. That said, Williams will be a good player.

Overall grade: A. Even without drafting Bush, they had a heck of a draft. The first four picks will all start as rookies.

Ron Borges
From NBC Sports

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12552901/

A-
Houston Texans

Normally this draft would get an A but considering where they were picking (No. 1) they were capable of better work.

The decision to bypass Reggie Bush to sign defensive end Mario Williams is one that they will never live down if Williams doesn't develop into a dominant pass rusher — and even worse if Bush becomes a star. But they came back and did a nice job on the next two rounds when they drafted Alabama linebacker DeMeco Ryans and Miami offensive tackle Eric Winston, who could have been a second-round pick.

There's a thread here about the ESPN grade which is B+. Overall the media like our drafting. I guess if there'd been no Reggie in the draft this year we'd have got an A+.

Janus3 said:
i wonder what that idiot john mcclain gave us. i'm betting no better than a b-

McLain said last night on Ch. 13 he gave them a B+. He would have given them an A, but he said they didn't pick the guy he predicted they would so he couldn't.

Mclain has been one of the few media mouths that like the pick, ironically.

ironic that prisco says miami's best pick is toledo and our worst pick is allen when just about eveyrone else will tell you the exact opposite. i like toledo, he's got a helluva upside, but we have like 6 tackles on the roster right now and he won't be converted to a guard.

everyone's right on the money with houston, they had a helluva draft. the best part: taking williams over bush.

Denver keeps getting credit for their draft because of the Javon Walker trade. I think sportswriters forgot to take into account that we got Eric Moulds with the 5th round pick. That is pretty good value and had to give us one of the top draft values.

kcwilson said:
Denver keeps getting credit for their draft because of the Javon Walker trade. I think sportswriters forgot to take into account that we got Eric Moulds with the 5th round pick. That is pretty good value and had to give us one of the top draft values.

I don't like Denvers draft at that much to be honest. Why trade up for cutler? He is as pure a pocket-passer as there is in this draft. He is not the kind for rolling out and showed very little ability to throw while on the run.

YoungTexanFan said:
I don't like Denvers draft at that much to be honest. Why trade up for cutler? He is as pure a pocket-passer as there is in this draft. He is not the kind for rolling out and showed very little ability to throw while on the run.

Not exactly sure what guy named Cutler you have watched, but the one from Vandy is one of the better movement/rollout guys.

edo783 said:
Not exactly sure what guy named Cutler you have watched, but the one from Vandy is one of the better movement/rollout guys.

No, he is a pocket-passer. The fact that he had to run for his life like Carr because his line sucked is beside the point. He is strong-armed, doesn't look off his target, and makes worse decisions than Brett Farve or David Carr.

Back