Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

CB for 1st pick in upcoming draft

cred

Noob
We need to get a CB with the 1st pick in the draft, no matter where we pick. I am past tired of Faggins getting burned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you got the B right. Now replace the C with a Q, and you'll have it spot on. LOL. Look at that azzclown Carr, now that it's junk time. Yep, those'll look good on those stats!!!

hts

NO how about a QB!!!! Then a RB!!!! Then a CB!!!

lol, I agree....we do need help in our secondary, but when you have a high draft pick you need to draft a high impact player.....if we were a CB away from a superbowl, then I could understand, but this team needs help on the offensive side of the ball desperately.

I'd like to see some serious secondary help.

Two new safeties and a opp. CB. I'm ok with a big turnover. Make those that are there now depth but get me some new starters.

We need to get a CB with the 1st pick in the draft, no matter where we pick. I am past tired of Faggins getting burned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here I thought Faggins was the better coverage CB on our team.

we need some type of DB whether its a free safety or CB i don't care but I'm leaning towards a FS because CC & Earl have been consistently killing us since game 1 of the season with blown coverages & garbage coverage & help defense.

A CB will get burned at least once a game, but when you're running zone the majority of the time your safeties have to be monsters back there & ours obviously aren't. You guys can rag on Faggins but at least he makes plays every now & then. He actually didn't play all that bad today except for the bogus PI call.

What about offensive line help? I agree FS/CB is a need area, but I think our offense could open up more if the quarterback had more time and the running backs had holes to run through. Granted Wali Lundy looked like he was running with his eyes closed today, but I just think OL would improve all our skill positions...

What about offensive line help? I agree FS/CB is a need area, but I think our offense could open up more if the quarterback had more time and the running backs had holes to run through. Granted Wali Lundy looked like he was running with his eyes closed today, but I just think OL would improve all our skill positions...

We had improvement on the OL until Dayne's Fat $#@ broke his leg.

And here I thought Faggins was the better coverage CB on our team.

i might catch hell for this but i think faggins has looked pretty good since coming back. his problem is that he's slow. when lined up against coles or lee evans (who's faster than everybody but dunta on our defense), faggins looks like he's in molasses on deep routes. our problem is that we dont have a centerfielder. we need a speedy safety that can help out in coverage. cc brown will make good depth behind earl, and simmons can backup our FS or play in dime packages, but we need a ballhawk over the top of them to start at the free safety position.

that, and we need a better passrush.

i might catch hell for this but i think faggins has looked pretty good since coming back. his problem is that he's slow. when lined up against coles or lee evans (who's faster than everybody but dunta on our defense), faggins looks like he's in molasses on deep routes. our problem is that we dont have a centerfielder. we need a speedy safety that can help out in coverage. cc brown will make good depth behind earl, and simmons can backup our FS or play in dime packages, but we need a ballhawk over the top of them to start at the free safety position.

that, and we need a better passrush.

Now why can't everyone else see this?

how about we just give tennesse this team and tennesee gives us the titans?
I want my old oilers back, at least they were an exciting team to watch before they became lame duck. i dont care if they blew a 35-3 lead, at least they made it to the playoffs...give me my old team back!!!!!!! damn u bud!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Petey got shoved on that TD pass, but whatever. He made some nice plays today as well. If you are looking to replace a DB then look no further than Glen Earl or CC Brown. Earl will occasionally lay the wood to someone but that's about all he's good for.

I want my old oilers back, at least they were an exciting team to watch before they became lame duck. i dont care if they blew a 35-3 lead, at least they made it to the playoffs...give me my old team back!!!!!!! damn u bud!!!!!!!!!!!

why don't you just save us all the tears & go root for the titans, I mean seriously no one's stopping you from supporting your "Old Oilers".

I still do root for the "old oilers", but that doesn't mean I can't root for the Texans too does it? In a head to head matchup I'm a Texan fan!

Expecting a rookie CB to plug in back there and make it all better is naive at best. The secondary is lacking talent and more importantly veteran leadership. The Texans need to sign the best veteran free agent corner they can get and put him opposite Dunta. Then they need to repeat the process with the best safety (FS, SS, doesn't make any difference) they can find. Earl or Brown, either one will be fine as long as you pair them with someone who can play. Nobody in the NFL has a starting offense or defense with 11 players of the caliber some people in here expect the Texans to turn up. Add a veteran or two and the rest of them will elevate their level of play. Add a leader.

First pick in the draft I take a RB. Best available RB is my first choice. In the 2nd I take either the best linebacker or the best OL (G, C, T, doesn't matter we need em' all) depending on who I rate higher. Third round I'm looking for a LB or OL again.

2007 Draft Forecast

Day 1: (Trade Carr for a #3 and 4)
RB - Go Large this time. Don't bet on finding Terrell Davis in the 6th
OL - Somebody to supplement Charles Spencer
CB - Should be a top 3 Corner avail. this high in the 3rd.
DL - Big Man for the Middle
DL - FAST please to help Mario

Day 2:
QB - Someone to tutor and bring in as 2008 starter
RB - Never enough
OL - Big, low center of gravity guard
Safety - Find a 'tweener like that #42 kid at USC that has LB size and Safety quickness

Free Agency:
Secondary Help!
Linebacker Help!
Defensive Line Help!
Kicking Game - Brown and Stanley both need to be challenged and step it up or step it out.

2007 Draft Forecast

Day 1: (Trade Carr for a #3 and 4)
RB - Go Large this time. Don't bet on finding Terrell Davis in the 6th
OL - Somebody to supplement Charles Spencer
DL - Big Man for the Middle
DL - FAST please to help Mario

Day 2:
QB - Someone to tutor and bring in as 2008 starter
RB - Never enough
OL - Big, low center of gravity guard
Safety - Find a 'tweener like that #42 kid at USC that has LB size and Safety quickness

Free Agency:
Secondary Help!
Linebacker Help!
Defensive Line Help!
Kicking Game - Brown and Stanley both need to be challenged and step it up or step it out.

No chance of finding a top 3 CB in the 3rd round. None at all.

CB is the hardest position to play in the NFL now & the top CBs will go in the 1st & 2nd.

I honestly wouldnt be suprised if 4 CBs went in the 1st round.

Hall (Michigan) & Hughes (California) are for sure 1st rounders.
McCauley (Fresno St) & Bennett (South Carolina) are maybe first rounders, probably second tho.
And Ross (Texas) & Reevis (Pittsburgh) are most likely late 2nd rounders, maybe a 3rd.

And on top of that, Eric Weddle (Utah) is a S who could also play CB in the NFL. He is probably a 2nd rounder too.

Do whatever we can to sign either Asante Samuel or Nate Clements. If we can only sign 1 premier free agent, these guys are it. Both of them are atleast 25 so its like picking up a RFA without the compensation.

From there, depending on our draft position:

stud OL or Landry in the 1st.

You do know why Sage got down there on that tackle don't you??

He muffed the hold, which screwed up the kick.

Are you saying he gave extra effort to atone for his mistake. Or do you believe he has an advantage by having 19 people (10 who are not amiable) in front of him and the pending KR? If so he should definitely be starting.

I would have to disagree with taking a CB as our first pick. How do you build a wall? From the foundation up. I say we draft another DE. We still don't have a pass rush. I remember talk at the beginning of the year when it was pointed out that if you have a strong front 7 then that takes pressure off your secondary.

I am going to bring up an Oiler fact there MR TEX, in case you were to young to remember there was a DE tandem back in the days of the House of Pain. There names where William Fuller and Sean Jones with Al Smith anchoring the middle. Even with Dishman back in the secondary that was one bad F'n D. That is exactly what this team needs. Heck, they even made Bo Orlando look good.

I say we draft a stud DE and go after a premier OLB in FA. Weaver has turned out to be a steal of a DT paired with a good end, Williams and Ryans securing the middle, you will see a much better secondary.

We all know Carr was just wearing a Rosenfels jersey on that one. Rosenfels doesn't screw up....never!

I say we draft a stud DE and go after a premier OLB in FA. Weaver has turned out to be a steal of a DT paired with a good end, Williams and Ryans securing the middle, you will see a much better secondary.

This year, our problem was that we had too many DEs... which we still do. Mario, Weaver, Babin, Peek, Kalu. altough TJ has played better, he hasn't played 1st round pick. We'll get another DT unless there is a hellu bad ass CB and a thin selection behind him.

This year, our problem was that we had too many DEs... which we still do. Mario, Weaver, Babin, Peek, Kalu. altough TJ has played better, he hasn't played 1st round pick. We'll get another DT unless there is a hellu bad ass CB and a thin selection behind him.

It's not like Peek is cutting into anybody's playing time. A wasted roster spot though.

Are you saying he gave extra effort to atone for his mistake. Or do you believe he has an advantage by having 19 people (10 who are not amiable) in front of him and the pending KR? If so he should definitely be starting.

Extra effort.

We need a QB!!!

How about Troy Smith as our #1 pick.

As for running backs, I'm afraid Adrian Peterson is too injury-prone. He's been injured both last season and this season.

Babin and Peek, in my opinion, were never supposed to be actual DE's in the NFL. To small and lack the Tech to play that spot. The coach's were right to draft them to play LB. Just to bad the coach's sucked and we wasted four years of drafting D. We need a true 43 DE. Weaver is a tackle. He played DE in the 34. That would be like sticking Gary Walkers fat butt at DE in the 43. Walker is a DT.

I don't see Peek or Babin on this team for very much longer. Kalu is good for depth but age has caught up to him. I can't see Payne coming back unless they are looking for veteran leadership, TJ continues to unimpress (and yes I do know he is out for the year.) In reality we have Weaver at DT and Williams at DE and Ryans playing the middle. Having only 3 players of your front seven that is worth mentioning is not good.

What is this draft shaping up being deep in? OLB by any chance?

BLASPHEMY!!! :shoot:

theres a lot of good CB's in the draft and there should be a good one available after the 1st round, so if there isnt one worth a top 5 then Landry is the way to go, and then a CB in the 2nd round, but im not agaisnt an O-line man in the 1st and 2nd and then solve the secondary problems in FA

We have to get a CB in this draft .. Faggins , I like him ,but he is more useful for us as a nickel back.

This is what Texans should do this off season -

Free Agency - sign Briggs and Clements

Draft - trade down a few spots and pick up more draft picks on day 1

Round 1 - Laron landry
Round 2 - Best DT or OLB
Round 3 - Best DT or OLB
Round 2 or 3 (from trade down) - Best OC

If the Texans don't make the trade on draft day and stay in top 2-4 area then they should draft Best Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson, or Calvin Johnson in the first round.

I have a better idea...we should sign asante samuels away from new england or nate clements away from buffalo...both are gonna want more than they will offer and i say pay anything b/c we need help for dunta ****ing bad. now as far as our first pick...if possible we should draft jake long from michigan. that boy is 6'5 300+ and all power. he moved the line against ohio state and wow he can play. Carr is fine, lundy is getting better. with our second round pick i say go for antonio pittman from ohio state or trade up to get adrian petterson. 3-5th round all DBs we need to reload our secondary.

They should sign Nate Clements, draft a safety. I think they will definitely go offense in the 1st and likely take Adrian Peterson. Michael Bush would be nice if he started falling into the 2nd

Back