Carr's option to be picked up...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Trogdor014, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Trogdor014

Trogdor014 Veteran

I don't know if this has been posted on here or not, but in the "Week 6: Morning After" article by Len P on ESPN it said in the "Heard in the Pressbox" section that:

"The Texans have already decided to pick up the buyback option in the contract of quarterback David Carr. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2193803

I'm sure that isn't a huge suprise to most.

2. outofhnd

outofhnd All Pro

Great now we just need to draft some lineman and sign Toniu Fonoti to a long term deal when he becomes a free agent.

3. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

:texflag: Attention Kmart shoppers ... we're now opening the floor to bidding for the Matt or Bush pick .

4. Tayton

Tayton Veteran

I KNOW we need lineman but it would be hard for me to pass on Bush. JMO

5. Historyhorn

Historyhorn Veteran

The real prize for any team will be Leinart. Noone was really willing to play ball with the Niners last year when the possible prize was Aaron Rogers or Alex Smith.

Had Leinart come out early, then the suitors would have been lining up around the block just to make an offer. So I expect this year to be a year when the Number 1 pick is highly coveted. The big loser in the season will have to choose between taking Leinart (possible franchise changing QB) and taking a package of players and high draft picks.

I think I'd take the players and picks personally. I think Carr with protection can be a winning franchise type QB. If you take Leinart, you've got to start all over again with a rookie QB and his protection won't be fabulous overnight, because we won't have the extra picks and players to work with.

Go Texans

6. grandslam1

grandslam1 Veteran

Best news all year....

7. bigkyle

bigkyle Rookie

We need to take Leinart and trade Carr for a couple of good 0-linemen.

8. Frills

Frills Veteran

Carr is a good QB, rare is the QB who can throw the ball while laying on his backside

9. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I think we should trade Hollings and Joppru for a whole new line.

10. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Who in the **** would take that trade?

11. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Perhaps I need to make better use of smileys. It was intended to sardonically point out the absurdity of trading Carr for a couple of offensive linemen. Thus, the quote.

Thanks for the rep hit though :)

12. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

Do you want to make our line worse?

13. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

It is great news that we are picking up Carr's option. Look for him to be an upper-echelon qb when he gets some protection. On our current place we are going to end up with a top 5 pick maybe top 10. We still have Cleveland, St. Lou, SF, Arizona, Tenn., Baltimore, and Jack on the schedule so we should be able to steal some wins in there. The prize of this draft will be Lionhart even though Bush is the best player coming out. Look for us to try and either pick up two picks in the first round or Take BPA. Which could be Bush. Listen Bush is a rare back that possibly could come out and play receiver in our system. He is 6-0 and 200 lbs with the ability to add 10lbs without losing any speed. He is not a 30 carry kind of guy, but he is a brian westbrook type gamebreaker with better hands and speed. The best RB at USC is Lendale White who could come out but if he is smart will wait and be the second back in the 2007 draft to A. Peterson. I look for us to take Bush, Ferguson, Winston, or McNeil. It is a little early to speculate on these things, but hell we are 0-5 going on 0-6 so why the hell not. Not like we are going to win the next 10 in a row. Plus management just missed on two easy trades for Lavar and Fonoti.

14. Frills

Frills Veteran

The only way we could make a trade like that is if another team hires Casserly...He's the whipping boy of all NFL GM's.

If a GM is ever in trouble of losing their job, trade with Casserly and you'll look like a genius

15. gbank54

gbank54 Rookie

I think we're all forgetting who is in charge of our draft picks and crucial decisions. I think we will piss away our draft by aquiring some washup or troublemaker, and trading down to the 4th or 5th round.JMO

16. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

The rep hit? I rarely use that feature, but thanks for the rep hits on me for thinking I did it.

17. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Who ever hires Casserly.....

18. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

Yes, Bush is always hard to turn down!!

19. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

" The Texans have already decided to pick up the buyback option in the contract of quarterback David Carr. "
    Yup, there it is right out of the ESPN guys article. That's big news to us,
    but it's buried at the very bottom of the ESPN artical. Wonder why no official
    anouncement, no fanfare, no hup de la here in Houston. But Pasquarelli is a
    man with a rep, would not think he would just make it up out of whole cloth.

20. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

Like I said pick up bush. Trade DD for a good LT. Any team with a need for a RB will take that. Then work on the rest but I could never pass up bush and Carr has the ability if he can just get the line.