Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr Mistakes!

TPIMP

Waterboy
No this thread is not what you think. I'm talking about the mistakes the Texans have made since drafting Carr. The guy is shell shocked and it's not hard to figure out why.

First: Drafting Tony Boselli and Ryan Young. The two were supposed to be the bookend tackles needed to build a quality O-Line. Both bombed out. Boselli's cap hit set up back the team and made it difficult to address the problem in free agency.

Second: Starting David as a rookie on an expansion team. I supported this but I was wrong. Numerous QB's have been ruined by throwing them in too early on bad teams with bad offensive talent. Tim Couch, Joey Harrington, Akilli Smith, David Klingler and the now QB expert commentator Andrea Ware just to name a few. Sitting out until the QB is prepared and the offense is has enough talent to allow the QB to succeed is important. Guys like Carson Palmer, Phillip Rivers, Daunte Culpepper and Steve McNair all spent some time watching before being thrown in the fire. And when they were asked to play they all had way more offensive talent surrounding them them than the Texans have had in any of the last 5 years.

Third: Only investing 1 pick in the first two rounds on the offensive line. Chester Pitts was picked at number 50 and he has not overachieved based on that investment. The Texans tried to fill the holes on the OL with lower round picks and free agents. Guys like Wand, Hodgden, Weary, Wade, Wiegert have ethier failed or struggled.

Fourth: Investing no picks in the first two rounds on running backs. Domanick Davis was a fourth round pick. He was drafted to be a 3rd down back. He played well but he was injury prone in college and has been injury prone in the pros. He should never have been viewed as the solution. Putting all our eggs in that basket dommed this season from the start.

Fifth: 3 offensive coordinators in 5 years. Chris Palmer should never have been run out of town. He is the guy running that impressive Cowboy offense right now. David Carr was taking a beating but he was making the incremental improvements through the first 3 seasons. Then Capers brought in Joe Pendry. He set back David Carr's development more than we will ever know. His idea of fixing the OL problems was for Carr to get rid of the ball sooner. He put a stupid 3 second whistle on him in practice. Carr, who was already showing signs of becoming shell shocked from all the hits took an immediate turn for the worse. Carr turned into to a jittery, gotta get rid of the ball now before the WR's are downfield, QB.

If you watch Carr in college or in the Dallas game his rookie year or the Miami game the next year or early in the season in year 3, you see a guy who will stand in the pocket and throw the ball downfield. In the Dallas game he threw 3 TD's (one was dropped by Jamal Lewis) and they were all 20 yards or more. The lack of protection and overall lack of talent around him has taken it's toll. He is shell shocked and has no confidence in himself or his teammates. Is he is ruined for his career like the guys listed before, only time will tell. But I for one believe that any of the guys I listed above as successful would all be in the same place David Carr is today if they had walked in his shoes. I for hope that if the Texans choose to cut Carr lose they sign a veteran rather than drafting a rookie. The Texans still need to fix some things first.

B/C Peter King is such a great source for wisdom. My nine year old could tell you that.

Get lost troll

Well, every now and then even a blind hog finds an acorn. Sure we can talk about how easy it was for him to hit the broad side of that barn but it doesn't change the fact that Peter King nailed it.

make some good points, they didn't show the game here yesterday, so really can't put my :cents: in for the week, but i heard the second half yesterday and they just pounded the ball like crazy. hope david can play well these last four games because I believe we can beat those teams, i want a respectable record, compared to last years nightmare.

I for one have been a Carr supporter from day one, but I am a Texan fan first and foremost.

Carr maybe shell shocked. Carr maybe jittery and have nightmares in his sleep about Sapp turning him into a seat cushion. I feel bad for the guy, I really do. But, if this is the case then its time for us to draft a QB. Maybe we trade Carr and let Sage start while we have a developing QB in the wings. Something has to change.

When Marvin Lewis took over the Bengals he said he wanted to change the team mentality, he started by drafting Palmer. Many of the same arguments could be made for Kitna that we made for Carr, bad system, bad coach's, blah blah. When it came down to it at the end of the day, Kitna just wasn't there guy. That is my opinion of Carr right now.

Carr has disappointed me time and time again, bombing in Dallas, slaughtered in TN. He is incapable of winning a shootout and couldn't beat Manning if both of Payton's arms where broke.

Its time for a change.

I for one have been a Carr supporter from day one, but I am a Texan fan first and foremost.

Carr maybe shell shocked. Carr maybe jittery and have nightmares in his sleep about Sapp turning him into a seat cushion. I feel bad for the guy, I really do. But, if this is the case then its time for us to draft a QB. Maybe we trade Carr and let Sage start while we have a developing QB in the wings. Something has to change.

When Marvin Lewis took over the Bengals he said he wanted to change the team mentality, he started by drafting Palmer. Many of the same arguments could be made for Kitna that we made for Carr, bad system, bad coach's, blah blah. When it came down to it at the end of the day, Kitna just wasn't there guy. That is my opinion of Carr right now.

Carr has disappointed me time and time again, bombing in Dallas, slaughtered in TN. He is incapable of winning a shootout and couldn't beat Manning if both of Payton's arms where broke.

Its time for a change.

I can accept that if it is the determination Kubiak comes too. But the most important point to my post is that the Texans must fix the problems that exist around the QB before they bring in another young QB to face the same problems.

I can accept that if it is the determination Kubiak comes too. But the most important point to my post is that the Texans must fix the problems that exist around the QB before they bring in another young QB to face the same problems.

Absolutely. Thats why we either trade Carr or let Sage start next year.

I would like to see Spencer come back stronger than ever, Winston moved to Pitts' spot and Weary continue to start. I would like to see us draft a center and pick up a RT in FA.

What we really need are more draft picks if you consider what this team needs. Still another DT, a DE, two OLB, two Safeties, a RB, and a center. So I say we trade Carr, maybe for a a second or no less than a third, trade down in the first to pick up a few extra late round picks. I wouldn't even be disappointed to see us trade out of the first all together.

We have a lot of needs and are still a long way away from being a contender.

Back