Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr already being mentioned in the rumors...

I am not sold on SR for a couple of reasons.

1. Ok so he looked really good in a mop up situation. Right? Well i remember 1 game where Wali lundy looked really good and ran for over a hundred yards, but the next game he fizzled for under 30. I am telling you guys and gals that DC may not be the QB for our team but he does the best with he has. SR would run into the same problems whether he is a winner or not. The sacks would start comming and the texans fans would eat him alive. There would be signs saying bring back DC all over the stands.

2. This offense is used to playing around DC not SR. If you put the fng in there he might for a couple of games be on track, but after that you would think that all of a sudden everyone had brain damage, and not just DC...lol! There is a certain tempo that players have with each other. On good teams the tempo is high and everyone is on the same page. On a bad team only a few people see the big picture and are trying to tell them how they can get better while all the time they spend they are being sucked dry of their resilliance.

I have never seen the Texans play as a fully functional team in their existance.

Yea SR hasnt really played a full game that I can think of but everytime he came in it seemed like there was results and it looked as if the chemistry was a little better.The team could react differently to SR than DC.SR could have that leadership that carr didnt.Im just saying they gave carr 5 years at least give SR 1 year.:challenge

I found this article on Yahoo...say's Carr's status is 50/50.

Don't you just love the way the writer took the opportunity to sneek in "The Texans passed on Reggie Bush and Vince Young in the 2006 draft to pick DE Mario Williams."................Geeze!

You don't have a guy who counts over 7 million on the cap 'competing' for the starting position. Guys who get paid that kind of jack are counted on to be starters - leaders - high quality, consistently good players. If they can't win or maintain the starting job while pulling that salary, the alternative is usually the highway.

Any decent Free Agent starting NFL QB with a decent track record will cost as much as what Carr is making....

And any decent agent representing a Free Agent QB will ask the Texans right off the bat to show concrete improvement on the offensive line- THEN start talking about signing the QB. The agent isn't going to send his client to Houston to become a backfield piñata. That's a good way to lose a client.

The best solution is is a trade-in for Carr. Trade Carr to Detroit or Green Bay and get a 2007 second or third round draft choice.

Any decent Free Agent starting NFL QB with a decent track record will cost as much as what Carr is making....

And any decent agent representing a Free Agent QB will ask the Texans right off the bat to show concrete improvement on the offensive line- THEN start talking about signing the QB. The agent isn't going to send his client to Houston to become a backfield piñata. That's a good way to lose a client.

The best solution is is a trade-in for Carr. Trade Carr to Detroit or Green Bay and get a 2007 second or third round draft choice.

So we should assume that Kurt Warner has fired his agent? Can you give us some more insight into the world of sports agents?

No way you get a 3rd, much less a 2nd for Carr. He is a project.

So Hulk ... whats #8s teamates going to say if they find out that you called Flannagan slow and fat , Lundy was just a 6th rd pick , blah blah blah .

He's gone and you know it or your not the sharpest knife in the drawer to call out your bro's teamates . I guess it's OK if you do it but God forbid if someone talks about the QB .

Why did you quit at UH ?

Nothing they dont know right? Am I lying about that.

And I had a heart Problem thanks, my grandma died when I was 9 you want to discuss that too, I am sure it was further then you have gotten...........

Nothing they dont know right? Am I lying about that.

And I had a heart Problem thanks, my grandma died when I was 9 you want to discuss that too, I am sure it was further then you have gotten...........

I was'nt knocking you for leaving I just remember it .

So we should assume that Kurt Warner has fired his agent? Can you give us some more insight into the world of sports agents?

No way you get a 3rd, much less a 2nd for Carr. He is a project.

Roster moves are part of the consideration. If a player has incentive clauses that significantly increase the value of his contract, you are going to make sure the player has the tools and support to hit the marks. Why negotiate incentives if there is no way to make them.

Here's my guess at what happens.

They try to peddle Carr, but have no takers due to the contract.

They sign Jake Plummer to an incentive laden contract.

They draft a QB in the second or 3rd. Smith or Kolb in the second, or maybe that Beck kid, or Drew Stanton in the 3rd.

After June 1, they release Carr outright.

In camp, there is a competition between Rosenfels, and Plummer, with PLummer the likely winner. Newly drafted kid remains #3 all year, and holds a clipboard.

my thoughts exactly. the guy has shown next to nothing for 5 years. it's not like any team is going to give us anything for him...the only way he will be traded is if we are forced to eat someone else's overpaid with low production player under contract.

IMHO, teams will just wait until he is released after the June roster date. This will lessen the Texans cap hit for releasing him and as well as let Carr enter the open market.

another possibility would be that Carr may be given a Pennington-like ultimatum and told to restructure deal or face being cut. Tie this reworked contract to incentives off statistics, wins, and playoffs that could approach his current deal's numbers. I doubt the Texans would go that route though. They have been carebear-ing Carr since DayOne. They don't want to hurt the 'face of the franchise'. Why expect a change now.....

here is to 2007 without Carr as starting QB and building our team identity around defense and a ball control offense.

He's not getting released. Jeez. You think these guys who can play not to lose grow on trees. It's hard finding a yes man of this caliber. He's staying. He's happy. He's employed. He plays football on Sundays. McNair wants a bunch of yes men and this guy fits the bill to a T.

Enjoy my comments mods?

They try to peddle Carr, but have no takers due to the contract.

They sign Jake Plummer to an incentive laden contract.

They draft a QB in the second or 3rd. Smith or Kolb in the second, or maybe that Beck kid, or Drew Stanton in the 3rd.

After June 1, they release Carr outright.

In camp, there is a competition between Rosenfels, and Plummer, with PLummer the likely winner. Newly drafted kid remains #3 all year, and holds a clipboard.

Thats possible... lets do the "cap math" on this and see what is the bottom line is.

As for Kolb (#3) guy holding a clipboard all season... if there is a slow start and the expected "fan revolt" expect McNair to do something to keep the seats filled.. including starting the #3. What does he have to lose?

Carr stays.

Carr haters spend half their waking hours posting complaints.

Carr haters that hold season tickets continue to pay his salary.

Isn't it ironic?

Carr stays.

The Texans continue to lose with Carr at the helm.

Isn't it ironic?

There ya go. I fixed it for you.:)

I'd love to have a "decent starting NFL QB with a decent track record," then I wouldn't mind paying him Top Ten money. Know where we can get one?

In 2005, there were only 8 QB's in the NFL with higher cap numbers than Carr. Seven of them were named Favre, Manning, Brady, Brees, Vick, McNabb, and Culpepper. The eighth was Harrington who was the only other anomaly (along with Carr) among the top 9 cap numbers for QB's in the NFL.

Your're dreaming if you thing Carr will fetch a high second or third. His market was set last year when Miami got Harrington for a fifth. Harrington couldn't even win that job outright.

Carr stays.

Isn't it ironic?

Maybe the "Carr haters", as you call them, are more Texans fans than anything else.

Not really so ironic if you think about it.

He also threw Eric Winston under the bus fairly recently, and offered to bet anyone $1,000 that Winston would be released next year.

That's dean of clown college type stuff. Winston graded out just fine, thank you. Everytime I looked at him he was either riding Freeney and Mathis like they were his personal bitches or pushing his guy out the picture.

I attended every home game this year including preseason except the Browns game and the Titans game (couldn't bear to watch what I suspected would happen,,, and it did in spades) so yeah I have a decent perspective on things and have paid for the right to express them.

If this guy Hulk75 is related to the Carr's I'll eat my dog's output for the day.

Forgot another one:

Originally Posted by CarrIsFine

Carr stays.

While others spend all their waking hours blindly defending their boy and blaming others for his shortcomings while being oblivious to the fact that many of the criticisms are coming from Texans fans who really don't hate the guy and wanted him to succeed, but realize the high likelihood that it ain't going to happen.

Isn't it ironic?

Your're dreaming if you thing Carr will fetch a high second or third. His market was set last year when Miami got Harrington for a fifth. Harrington couldn't even win that job outright.

Chicago gave Seattle a #1 for a washed up Rick Mirer. The Cowboys gave us a #3 for Henson.

How many times do GMs make stupid illogical trades in the NFL? Its about time we caught a break on a trade.

How many times do GMs make stupid illogical trades in the NFL? Its about time we caught a break on a trade.

Just hope Casserly gets a job somewhere because he will be hell bent to show that his first overall pick with the Texans wasn't a failure. (not joking here)

Great post, AJ. I don't hate Carr at all and wished to heck he had succeeded. It was only until recently that I concluded the team needs and deserves an upgrade at the position.
I agree, but would like to add two things.

1. If Carr is broke, it's the Texans who broke him.
2. If he isn't broke, I'd rather spend whatever it takes to get a real O-Line formed so that WHOEVER comes in here to play won't have to be hideously overpaid in Free Agency to do so.

I want the franchise to get things turned around, and I don't care WHO they have to get rid of / bring in to get it done. I just get tired of all the people w/ blinders on that think because Rosenfels "lit up" the Titans scrubs in the game @ Nashville, that DC is >50% responsible for the team doing poorly. Ironically, those tend to be the SAME posters who failed to give Carr credit for lighting up the Colts scrubs late in the game @ Indy.

I agree, but would like to add two things.

1. If Carr is broke, it's the Texans who broke him.
2. If he isn't broke, I'd rather spend whatever it takes to get a real O-Line formed so that WHOEVER comes in here to play won't have to be hideously overpaid in Free Agency to do so.

I want the franchise to get things turned around, and I don't care WHO they have to get rid of / bring in to get it done. I just get tired of all the people w/ blinders on that think because Rosenfels "lit up" the Titans scrubs in the game @ Nashville, that DC is >50% responsible for the team doing poorly. Ironically, those tend to be the SAME posters who failed to give Carr credit for lighting up the Colts scrubs late in the game @ Indy.

I think Carr is broken. It may very well have been the Texans who broke him--thanks for nothing Casserly. How any NFL team owner with a functioning brain would even consider Casserly to be the GM of his team is beyond me, but I digress.

Because I think Carr is broken, I think the team needs to go in another direction, because his salary is not justified by his play. That may end up being better for David as well, as other QB's who failed with one team have gone on to achieve a good deal of success in another environment. Jim Plunkett and Jim Harbaugh are two guys that come to mind quickly; there are plenty of others.

I completely agree with your sentence in bold. I'm not sure Sage is the answer, but Kubiak thinks highly of him and I'm fine with the team giving him a chance to win the starting job. I'd like to see the team bring in Garcia over Plummer as part of the competition, but the key is that whoever is the team's starting QB next year should have to earn the job.

I just get tired of all the people w/ blinders on that think because Rosenfels "lit up" the Titans scrubs in the game @ Nashville, that DC is >50% responsible for the team doing poorly. Ironically, those tend to be the SAME posters who failed to give Carr credit for lighting up the Colts scrubs late in the game @ Indy.

What about those of us who noticed the shotgun & a real 5 wide set..... a real empty backfield... & a vertical offense with a career backup after never seeing those things with our 5 year starter??

People around here have a pretty good reason for preferring Rosenfels to Carr.

He moves the ball.

What about those of us who noticed the shotgun & a real 5 wide set..... a real empty backfield... & a vertical offense with a career backup after never seeing those things with our 5 year starter??

Or those that noticed we didn't use the shotgun even after McKinney was back at center and Hodgdon wasn't there to blame. Hmmm....

Or those that noticed we didn't use the shotgun even after McKinney was back at center and Hodgdon wasn't there to blame. Hmmm....

Actually Carr was in the shotgun once during the Cleveland game..... he looked uncomfortable..... to me. The result was about the same I think.

Actually Carr was in the shotgun once during the Cleveland game..... he looked uncomfortable..... to me. The result was about the same I think.

Darn it - I didn't see every play as I usually do because I was watching two games at once in a sports bar.

I knew that was a risky post. Busted.

But did McKinney get him the ball OK? :)

I remember shotgun twice. Once on the AJ offensive pass interference and the other on the Carr designed run on a 3rd and 3 or something.. (at least 4 wides on that one from what I recall).

Kubiak has said multiple times that he doesn't like Carr in the shotgun because he tends to speed up* even moreso than when he's under center.

*impatience in reads, panic, etc...

Great post, AJ. I don't hate Carr at all and wished to heck he had succeeded. It was only until recently that I concluded the team needs and deserves an upgrade at the position.
kind of my thinking also. i went into 2006 giving him a chance to succeed, or at least make the most minor improvements and show some consistentcy over more than 1-2 games in a row. it just hasn't happened, and that's why legitimate options need to be sought out.

Back