Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr a Bear??

so what's your solution? garcia, huard, schaub?

Honestly?

We keep Carr this year unless someone ponies up a 1st or 2nd round draft choice for him...

If he is as bad as everyone says he is, we will not have a problem getting one of the top 3 QB's coming out next year...

Hate to look at the 2008 draft, but there are no options right now that make sence. Don't bring in a band-aid to cover a wound like this. It is not the answer. I don't want to see someone as old as me being or acting like our starting QB... My money is too hard to come by to waste it...

not my point at all. everybody is so quick to criticize, but short on answers. it's so easy to say "so-and-so is better than carr," without stopping to think what you do without him here.

I think I answered that. I believe that we can do fine without him here and that there are a lot of different directions we can go to get more consistent play. Some people believe that we have to go get some guy who's currently considered at least a mid-level starter to get better performance, but I don't think that's the case. I think that Sage could give us at least the same level of performance and that there are lots of backup QB's (whose names I don't even know) in the league who could probably give us better performance. It's up to the FO to figure out who those guys are and get them in here.

Think about Carr's performances down the stretch of this past season where Kubiak had to change his game plan to take the ball out of Carr's hands because it gave us the best chance to win. And we won. That's the sort of thing you do when you've got an unprepared backup in the game.

This is a team sport. One person doesn't win games. But one person can lose games for you. And that's what I think we have with Carr. He's a guy whose mistakes have cost us games so we have to set up our gameplans to minimize his pass attempts so that we can have a chance to win.

We don't need that.

I think that Sage could give us at least the same level of performance and that there are lots of backup QB's (whose names I don't even know) in the league who could probably give us better performance. It's up to the FO to figure out who those guys are and get them in here.
I dont disagree with what you said, I just dont want the team to go into OCS's thinking that Rosenfels will be the starter. People point to the game in Nashville where Rosenfels stepped in for Carr, but that was one half of a game where the tacks didnt seem to be motivated to get after the passer. No knock on Sage, but once again, he is a backup for a reason. He probably isnt good enough to start full time.

I dont disagree with what you said, I just dont want the team to go into OCS's thinking that Rosenfels will be the starter. People point to the game in Nashville where Rosenfels stepped in for Carr, but that was one half of a game where the tacks didnt seem to be motivated to get after the passer. No knock on Sage, but once again, he is a backup for a reason. He probably isnt good enough to start full time.

I'm not sold that Sage is a particularly good answer to the QB question either. But I'm convinced that Carr isn't an answer.

I think that last year, Kubiak was under the directive to give Carr a year and see if he could be trained to "step up". From some of the things that Kubiak has said, I'm under the impression that Carr looks great in practice and that they think they just need to work with him to get to a point where he can perform in games like he performs in practice. He's the opposite of a gamer. And I think that's what's so frustrating to the coaching staff.

but Belichick left him in even when Bledsoe was healthy to play. Kubiak left Carr in even with Carr sucking.

possibly the reason we were 6-10 ?

Cuz he stuck with the worse QB ?

Team stays with late rd., back-up QB, but ignores all that, and is only concerned with the fact that he's playing better than the starter=Super Bowl.

Sticking with a QB who was a first rd. pick overall, has potential, and strong arm, but is playing poorly = 2-14 & 6-10

Yeah, the way Belichick did things was totally wrong.

Team stays with late rd., back-up QB, but ignores all that, and is only concerned with the fact that he's playing better than the starter=Super Bowl.

Sticking with a QB who was a first rd. pick overall, has potential, and strong arm, but is playing poorly = 2-14 & 6-10

So are you saying Sage would have taken the Texans to the Superbowl.

Do you know he could'nt ?

Wow your hate for Carr is starting to warp your sense of reality. Believe it or not but the Texans are not a QB away from being in the superbowl.
While I believe our team would improve greatly, Tom Brady couldn't even take this team to the superbowl. The Texans still have a bit to go to be a contender.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious .

I bet if Brady were the QB we would have a winning record next year and contending for a playoff spot .

Thanks for pointing out the obvious .

I bet if Brady were the QB we would have a winning record next year and contending for a playoff spot .

I won't argue that, but Sage is not Tom Brady. Yet there are some here that speculate he is; or maybe they just hope...Pipe dreams.:drunk:

I won't argue that, but Sage is not Tom Brady. Yet there are some here that speculate he is; or maybe they just hope...Pipe dreams.:drunk:

That's where you're wrong ... nobody thinks Sage is the savior .

I think that we cannot move forward until we get a QB who understands the game .

The road is littered with big armed , mobile guys who can't get it done .

sage excelled in the preseason playing second stringers and the tacks game playing a prevent.

belichick also stuck with brady because his team was on a roll entering the playoffs and probably didnt want to disrupt the karma. in all fairness, the Patriots probably had a more talented team in 2001 than the Texans did in 2006. so to say leaving sage in would have brought this team to the playoffs might be stretching it a bit.

That's where you're wrong ... nobody thinks Sage is the savior .
I think that we cannot move forward until we get a QB who understands the game .

The road is littered with big armed , mobile guys who can't get it done .

If you look at the original post i was quoting then you would know what I was talking about.

Back