Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bud Adams Passes Away

Too bad it wasn't in the playoffs

However he is still getting the last laugh being city of houston is still paying on the astrodome

I will say condolenses to his family though

Every game against the Texans was his playoffs. He hated them.

He hated the Bills and 35-3 represented (logically) his low point as owner of the franchise.

So anytime his club beat the Bills, like a couple of yrs ago, he took great pleasure in it.

Thanks, I wondered if it had been at Oilers fans when he took the franchise to Memphis,

I am now feeling the exact opposite emotion that I felt when Bum passed. You can take that however you want.

I kinda' figured this news after I turned on the radio and heard McClain making a case for Bud in the Football Hall of Fame.

So...uhhh....yeah. Not going to get into much about But the owner and this city, but I will say thank you to Bud for his service to our country. And that's about all the good that I can say for the man, with the possible exception that at least he was man enough to admit his greatest mistake in life was killing the Oilers and taking them from Houston.

I heard he demanded a retractable roof Mausoleum on city property, and if the lesbo in chief won't come through, he will move to LA where the city will build him a wonderful new mausoleum with luxury pillow and angels singing 24/7.

I heard he demanded a retractable roof Mausoleum on city property, and if the lesbo in chief won't come through, he will move to LA where the city will build him a wonderful new mausoleum with luxury pillow and angels singing 24/7.

Can't we just make improvements to the existing one and pay for it over the next 20 years?

Still a kid when the Oilers left, so I really didn't care about it too much, but my dad hated him. So. RIP Bud, ya salty ol' bastard.

Heard McClain giving Adams a virtual BJ on NFLN at lunch today. Said the fans in Houston don't appreciate what he did for the NFL. Blah, blah, gurgle, slurp, gurgle...

Damn sow titty!

Heard McClain giving Adams a virtual BJ on NFLN at lunch today. Said the fans in Houston don't appreciate what he did for the NFL. Blah, blah, gurgle, slurp, gurgle...

Damn sow titty!

McClain can kiss my ass. LOL

IF he ever makes it into the HOF, this should be his bust.

budbust.jpg

Hmmm ... first Bum dies, then ironically just a couple days later Bud dies ...

Maybe God got to choose before Satan in a pick-up game?

maybe the Houston football curse is over now Crosses fingers ..!!!!!

I still think the astrodome was built above a Indian burial site ...and the only way to end the curse is to blow up the astrodome and plant trees n flowers in its place and slay 10 Bulls blood over the grass :kitten:

Still a kid when the Oilers left, so I really didn't care about it too much, but my dad hated him. So. RIP Bud, ya salty ol' bastard.

Yep. Grew up a Cowboys fan in a Cowboys house, so I never understood or really cared about the fury over the Oilers leaving.

So, with Al Davis and Bud gone, does this make Ralph Wilson the Highlander?

@BrentZwerneman: Bud Adams has passed away in Houston, a source has told me.

Do with that what you will.

Wow...... my first thought is of those older couples y'know when the wife passes, the husband is soon to follow (or vice versa), they just meant that much to each other.

Just announced. The bud Adams memorial will be held at the astrodome on Halloween.

Ian howfield will kickoff the festivities.

The cats and rats will serve as pallbearers.

Vince young will be parking your cars. No manual transmissions please (too complicated)

My condolences to his family.

Just an observation not born out of disrespect. My ill will towards him are well documented like many others here, but a simple observation.

Bud came along and was the owner of the Houston Oilers, indeed, the face of the franchise as I remember the time. Throughout the Oilers history they seemed to be in the wrong place in the wrong time. Dr. John could have written a follow-up song to his team.

His teams had many disappointments, but when they rose to the top circumstances seemed to bite his team like no other. 10-4 and no playoff game. A couple more games and Houston might have gotten in. A playoff format like we have today, no need for the extra two games.

He had the second-best team in the league next to the Steelers therefore the timing again bit Bud, the Oilers, and all of us fans. Just for an exclamation point fate added the Mike Renfro catch that wasn't. A catch that has benefited all teams many times, but the timing of the catch served only to put Houston behind a door they could not kick in. Bad timing.

Bud wanted to get a better stadium and, typical Bud, wanted anybody but Bud to pay for it. Off he goes to a hick, small-market town I have no doubt he had little love for. Houston flourishes and due to the feasibility in his newfound absence a team came to Houston because Houstonians could now build it with money, hope, and a future with an owner that couldn't be another Bud. Ouch, Bud. The NFL wanted LA, but Houston wanted a quality organization, had everything in place, and that was the difference. Houston just wanted football, Bud. It could have been so easy. Bad timing, bad circumstance.

So here we are. Bud has made the headlines for the final time. Again, horrible timing that only could happen in Bud's world. Through circumstances out of his control, Bud Adams died at the worst possible time Bud Adams could have died........just three days after the most popular, loved, and respected man in Houston, Bum Phillips, passed. Bad timing again, and finally.

Bud's final chance at a kind word from Houston, the home he loved, was squashed by timing that seemingly only happens to Bud.

Your death was very Oileresque, Bud. Much like all of your football life. Sorry. I care, but would rather watch the crappy game on Monday Night Football that give it a thought.

See ya.

Again, condolences to the family.

Matthew 7:20 - Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Also, having a hard time figuring out what the acronym RIP means? Rot In Purgatory?

I almost felt sorry for the guy. He made a massive mistake by moving a historical team with a loyal fan base. Then, after doing so, the city he left - Houston - built a massive, state-of-the-art stadium, which is what he wanted.

Then, the city of Houston's economy boomed, and the city became one of the wealthiest in the country, which meant that the NFL expansion team that came here eventually capitalized on all that wealth, and become one of the richest franchises in all of sports. Meanwhile, his team is in a small NFL market.

Bud was a human being, and no way could those things not eat at him. Especially since he continued to live in Houston.

And, it's not that he moved the team; it's that he did with with such venom: and took the name, continued to use the colors, insisted that no other team could use the Oiler name, etc.

I'm not originally from Houston, so I have no dog in this fight; but, I kinda feel bad for Oiler fans in a way.

But, oh well. Without Bud, I wouldn't have my Texans. So there's that.

Edited to add: my condolences to the family.

As a Canadian who cheered for the Oilers when Bum Phillips was coach, I feel as much bitterness towards Bud as Houstonians do. I cheered for the Quebec Nordiques in hockey & they were taken away from me a few years prior to the Oilers leaving. I always said I wouldn't let the NHL dictate who I'd cheer for. So when Bud moved the Oilers to Tennessee, there's no way I'd cheer for them; I'd contradict myself if I did (not to mention the loathing).

I'm glad I waited for the Texans rather than cheer for any other team. As far as I'm concerned, the Titans are fired :texflag:

As a Canadian who cheered for the Oilers when Bum Phillips was coach, I feel as much bitterness towards Bud as Houstonians do. I cheered for the Quebec Nordiques in hockey & they were taken away from me a few years prior to the Oilers leaving. I always said I wouldn't let the NHL dictate who I'd cheer for. So when Bud moved the Oilers to Tennessee, there's no way I'd cheer for them; I'd contradict myself if I did (not to mention the loathing).

I'm glad I waited for the Texans rather than cheer for any other team. As far as I'm concerned, the Titans are fired :texflag:

I grew up in Houston as a little kid and ate, slept and drank Oilers football. It killed me when they even lost pre season games. I moved to Toronto in 1984 and the love of the team stuck with me, even more so than the Astros. So when Bud made his move, I was devastated. But with 12 years between me and Houston, I soon realized I was still married to that frigging team. When the city got the Texans, I thought that marriage would end. Yet when the Titans played the Texans for the first time, that marriage that I thought would end didn't, and that was despite the fact I was still in agony over the Oilers no longer technically existing.

Yesterday was a day I won't forget. For one of the few times in my life, I wasn't upset over the death of someone. I feel bad to say that, but thats how I felt.

I'm still smarter and better looking than everyone who posts here. Dammit.

ehem!! Thorn, your 57k dial up modem may be running slower than usual and you think you're still on one of your other bookmarked pages like

seniormeet.com (dating for older peeps)
seniormeat.com (looking for older peckers)
senormeat.com (looking for older latino peckers)

Kiss my a$$!!!

Hey...she's a good mayor. Be nice.

ehem!! Thorn, your 57k dial up modem may be running slower than usual and you think you're still on one of your other bookmarked pages like

seniormeet.com (dating for older peeps)
seniormeat.com (looking for older peckers)
senormeat.com (looking for older latino peckers)

Kiss my a$$!!!

LOL!!

lol! Someone actually did it! Someone actually took the time to piss on his grave... :hmmm:

Almost makes me think it should be a pilgrimage of sorts, to exorcise the ghosts of demons past, to even the score, to do something so juvenile and trivial that it's almost the greatest symbolic gesture ever.

And then you could tell your grandkids, **** Bud Adams for killing the Oilers, I PISSED ON HIS GRAVE!!! :wild:

We should get a group together, have an impromptu tailgate (since Bud never allowed it at the Astrodome), then piss all our beverages all over that thing. Our work would be complete when his grave smells like Tranquility Park.

Then, just to spread the spite, we go drop a bag of flaming dog poo on Bob Lanier's front porch.

lol! Someone actually did it! Someone actually took the time to piss on his grave... :hmmm:

Almost makes me think it should be a pilgrimage of sorts, to exorcise the ghosts of demons past, to even the score, to do something so juvenile and trivial that it's almost the greatest symbolic gesture ever.

And then you could tell your grandkids, **** Bud Adams for killing the Oilers, I PISSED ON HIS GRAVE!!! :wild:

We should get a group together, have an impromptu tailgate (since Bud never allowed it at the Astrodome), then piss all our beverages all over that thing. Our work would be complete when his grave smells like Tranquility Park.

Then, just to spread the spite, we go drop a bag of flaming dog poo on Bob Lanier's front porch.

Ordinarily i'd be pissed and revolted by the ideal of doing this on a grave. Someone's gone and you guys choose to respect his memory by urinating on his final resting place for all eternity? How jacked in the head do you have to be to get a kick out of this? Then I think back on all the childhood memories. Loving a team unconditionally who lost and lost again...a team who ultimately blamed us for not giving them the support they never deserved. But we did it anyway. F#*k off bud. Let's make a roadie. If nothing else i'm down for a ceremonial pissing on the dome. Rest In Piss bud.

Whew! I saw this thread and thought for a minute there he'd come back. :eek:

I did look to see where the grave is located. If this is where he decided to rest for eternity as opposed to Oklahoma then he deserves to get squirt on from time to time.

Back