Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Buchanon on 790 now.

still at work too--streaming the audio from their website.

-said that he will figure prominently into return game (duh)
-said that it was pretty even when him and AJ went head to head at UM
-he sounds very confident, that when he gets the ball into his hands, that he thinks about the endzone, or setting the O in as good as position as possible.
-pallilo said something about trying to get #31 from AG, but i missed most of that snippet. i am sure PB played it down, though.

this guy sounds very confident in his abilities, bordering on brash. i like it alot. i could be wrong, but it sounded like he is considering this a truly new beginning even though he has only been in the league a couple of years.

our secondary is going to be SICK this year.

others add anything???

haha hes not taking 31 from glenn.....glenn is way to established and is a seasoned vet....i seriously doubt 31 would be buchanons

i think pallilo said something about buchanon being in town for a physical, so i am sure he is the reliant park area.

i am sure that glenn is going to keep 31, buchanon didn't say anyting about trying to get it.

Fiddy said:
Well, it wasnt even when we played the Raiders last year...

6 catches for 115 yards (19.2 average), 1 TD, and a long of 33, but he does that to everybody...I think Turner wanted to punish him :heh:...

Who said he will be the 3rd Corner?????
Never know what preseason will bring...
I think we move Glenn to Nickle. and we say goodbye to wright sanders simmons or faggins in camp. do we have wright anymore? hes the one i would like gone more than the other 3

whether or not he starts this year is how he learns the playbook and executes.

I think him and moses will share return duties at best with moses doing KR and Buch doin PR unless Buch just has an awesome return game and unseats moses. moses did good just when he was gone we had no one.

Will he wear 31? only if Glenn is gone will that happen.

i doubt we'll be saying goodbye to simmons or faggins sanders im not sure but faggin and simmons will def. be there and glenn gettin moved to corner? i highly doubt it even with his age he i still better than buchannon IMO and i think the coaches know that to unless somehow when Buchannon shows up in training camp and blows everyone away.

I didn't hear the original interview, but the interview highlights noted later that I did hear...

- was surprised to be going to Houston, he was thinking Washington was his future then Houston was the result.
- he's ready to "take it to the house", that's what hes thinking when he gets the ball
- he wants to get all of Texas on the TEXANS bandwaggon

He sounded like he's pretty pumped to be coming here (or at least to get a fresh start).

yea like u said in another thread when he comes outa the tunnel hearing 70,000 people screaming ur name hes gonna be real pumped...its gonna be an awesome and fun season to watch....man this off season stuff is killin me. i wish i had old games saved to go bak and wathc.....of course the only one we one i would wanna watch though haha :thumbup

TopTexanFan16 said:
yea like u said in another thread when he comes outa the tunnel hearing 70,000 people screaming ur name hes gonna be real pumped...its gonna be an awesome and fun season to watch....man this off season stuff is killin me. i wish i had old games saved to go bak and wathc.....of course the only one we one i would wanna watch though haha :thumbup

5 MORE MONTHS!!!

Like I said only time and training camp will tell.

Glenn is aging and this would be agreat way to preserve him and keep him effective and fresh if we needed him to be a starting CB. unless Buchanon just doesnt do well at all. we are looking to cause turnovers this year and looking to get younger and faster.

yah training camp will tell all but i still think IMO glenn is gonna keep his job, he is better than buchannon as of right now and i dont THINK many people would disagree whos the better DB but i could be wrong

yeah i think the only one of the three that is a definite starter is D-Rob...i think with the class of glenn we could see him doing what marchall faulk is doing in St. Louis...letting the younger guy learn and play and coming in when he is needed...and with our division that'll be just as much as the starter

I think that most of us would agree that there are a lot of high character players on this team, I think that it will rub off on him like it did with Corey Dillon and the Patriots.

I don't think AG or G-Funk will let any players (rookie or not) screw around and mess things up for the rest of the team. We have enough veterans still to set guys straight if they're causing problems.

I think we move Glenn to Nickle. and we say goodbye to wright sanders simmons or faggins in camp. do we have wright anymore? hes the one i would like gone more than the other

Glenn to nickle is a good possibility. But I still think buch will be nickle. he will need time to learn our scheme.. and he is still young and raw. Perhaps it would also help to humble him a little bit.

Wright went to the Jags.

Faggins just signed another contract and he is our 4th best CB now. he isnt going anywhere. When Glenn retires he will move up to our 3rd CB again. Simmons is our 2nd string FS.. so he wont be going anywhere I think. So, if someone is gonna leave.. it will probably be Sanders. But im betting we will hold onto Sanders as well because we run so many 5DB sets.

winning would also help pb along with a big fat contract extension. I'd like to see pb play one corner with ag, put dr in the nickle and df dime. mc at F/S and ge @ SS :cool:

dirty steve said:
the draft needs to happen TOMORROW!!! i believe GM's are going to be real active on saturday.

:rofl: Be patient, it's only 2 days and 12 hours away...There should be plenty of movement between here and then, so it should fly by (I hope)...

I think it will be DROB and AG starting, but when offenses come out with 3 wides, DROB might go to the slot so he cant blitz! :thumbup

Back