Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Buchanan

hey, the guy was probably whipped out from training camp, give him a break

on the other hand, maybe he could be cool about getting out of our Texans first pro-bowl corners' jersey number and maybe honoring and emulating one of the great CBs of all time #26 Rod Woodson, anybody else got that number?

justa :homer: here

wasnt trying to give him a hard time. or at least.. not much of one.

His comments just werent pro houston.

As I said at the end of my post.. his comments werent BAD..they just werent good either. he didnt say anything to make me think he was happy to be here in Houston.

like ya said.. maybe he was just whipped out from training camp. A couple weeks of busting your rump in this heat can make ya pretty unhappy that ya arent up north somewhere.

the whole thing just got blown way out of proportion.

Im not sold on the guy yet.. he still has some proving to do before I consider him a lock as one of our starting CBs. he got burned alot in Oakland because he was more interested in making the big interception than being fundamentally sound and covering his guy properly... thats something I hope we cure him of.

I will give him less room for criticism when he goes up against Moss this week, but he is one that is under my magnifying glass.

From Dunta Robinson

"(On if Randy Moss is he a good player) Oh yes definitely. It doesn’t even look like the guys running but it’s a low 4.3 that he’s running. He’s amazing. Luckily I get to see another great receiver everyday and Andre Johnson. So facing another great receiver, it’s not like I haven’t been there before."

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/news_detail.php?PRKey=1859

Sounds like Robinson has been lining up against him in practice.

as :homer: , and Oakland Raider hater, he should be "Damn Glad To Be Here" everytime he gets his mouth in front of a microphone. <:~ LaRoyalRodent

can't hardly wait for the game Saturday

Moss does move around a lot. I saw the Raider game last week, it seemed that the coaching staff wanted to let the running game get the majority of concentration. Moss just seemed to be running routes not expecting the ball at all. I figure this game to be no different. We should see a good dose of Jordon (watch his cathes out of the backfield), that in turn means we should see a good dose of TJ and how he goes up against their line. Our LB's will have thier hands full here too so it's going to interesting to see how they perform as a unit. Keep in mind we really only have 1 more preseason left, the last preseason game is just for the backups.

I was impressed last saturday at how we stuffed the run up the middle. With two somewhat undersized MLBs who were still learning their position..i expected them to have more success there. be interesting to see if the raiders do any better.

I look forward to seeing Jordan.. I really wanted us to get him this offseason. I think hes gonna make a name for himself in the next couple seasons.

In red zone drills last night, Moss was dragging Buchanon and Faggins around the endzone like rag dolls. It wasn't pretty, but the drills pretty much required single coverage. I hate to use such an overused term but he is a freak.

Grid said:
"(On if Randy Moss is he a good player) Oh yes definitely. It doesn’t even look like the guys running but it’s a low 4.3 that he’s running. He’s amazing. Luckily I get to see another great receiver everyday and Andre Johnson. So facing another great receiver, it’s not like I haven’t been there before."

Is he running for Senate? I love how he got himself and his own guy in there.

It's pretty hard to match up against Moss, just like when he lit us up last year from the goal line,( I think it was Coleman that got torched on that one) You can just lob it over defenders or do the 2 yard in route like they did.

Grid said:
I was impressed last saturday at how we stuffed the run up the middle.

I really liked what little we saw of Wong against Denver. He looks really good in the middle. Very good instincts. Didn't see alot from Greenwood, but I'll be watching him closely against the Raiders.

SESupergenius said:
It's pretty hard to match up against Moss, just like when he lit us up last year from the goal line,( I think it was Coleman that got torched on that one) You can just lob it over defenders or do the 2 yard in route like they did.

One of the guys on 610 am said Buchanon picked off a couple passes while covering Moss in the non-public sessions. But in any event, going up against Moss is a test that if you come out even on you are an elite CB.

In defense of Buchanon, were talking about a future Hall of Famer, with God-given skills to play receiver like no other to touch the field. If he had the work ethic and respect for the game like Jerry Rice, we would already be labeling him the greatest receiver ever. 4.3 speed, 44 inch vert, quickness, hands like glue.........Buchanon, Woodson, Law, whoever, Moss is gonna burn the best you got! Buchanon will be alright!!!! :texflag:

PB will be better for us in the long run since AG was getting old, but a healthy AG is hard to beat. So a switch of numbers would be cool with me !!!

I just hope PB's wonderful disposition is because he's truly glad to be here and ready to live up to the hype and potential and not just an image being forced by the coaches hovering around at interviews.

This thread is obviously a continuation of the other Buchanan comments thread that was locked after two pages.

My question is to the moderators, why was that thread locked?

:offtopic

it got heated and a bit inflammatory.. this thread seems to be doing better.

Im glad to see the other one gone..i was getting chewed up :)

caddy said:
Moss, take a toke and a few plays off. Fan club. :cool:
What does that pain in the --- freakin awesome (when he tries) blankety blank blank have to do with this? PB might be the catalyst that gets this team over the hump. Or he might be the man who utterly destroys player morale and forces the team to move to Canada or LA. Hard to say at this stage but at least he isn't TO or Cedric Benson. THAT would deserve SERIOUS !@#$&^&%(*%(*&(%(&%Q)*&^Q_(*&W@)W(_W@_(*)(&@&*^%!Q^%$!^%E&*^@W*)&!!!!!!!!!

Texans Pride said:
This thread is obviously a continuation of the other Buchanan comments thread that was locked after two pages.

My question is to the moderators, why was that thread locked?

:offtopic
The thread had personal derogatory comments in it and I was not going to babysit it. It was just locked until I cleaned it up and discussed it with a few of the members. It has been open for posts for several hours now....but since I cleaned up the worthless posts nobody wants to comment anymore.

...well, looks like I just thought I opened it back up. :) It's clean and open now though....but all the off-topic stuff is toast.

Ok, it had me wondering. I had read the entire thread and didn’t see anything. That’s because you had already cleaned it up!

Grid said:
wasnt trying to give him a hard time. or at least.. not much of one.

His comments just werent pro houston.

As I said at the end of my post.. his comments werent BAD..they just werent good either. he didnt say anything to make me think he was happy to be here in Houston.

like ya said.. maybe he was just whipped out from training camp. A couple weeks of busting your rump in this heat can make ya pretty unhappy that ya arent up north somewhere.

the whole thing just got blown way out of proportion.

Im not sold on the guy yet.. he still has some proving to do before I consider him a lock as one of our starting CBs. he got burned alot in Oakland because he was more interested in making the big interception than being fundamentally sound and covering his guy properly... thats something I hope we cure him of.

Buchanon has bought a home in Houston. Something he never did in Oakland. He is a smart guy and knows , especially with the Raiders in town, that what he says will be quoted in the Oakland news papers. Sayng Houston is better than Oakland would only give the Raiders ammo.

I have been very impressed with Buchanan's attitude thus far. From everything I read when he was comming from Oakland, I thought he was going to be a loud mouth punk.

In EVERY interview I've heard, he's been respectful, and humble. I even heard an interview with him and Rod Woodson, Rod was trying to get him to say something like "I'm the best, I make it happen," but Buchanan did a great job, said that he wants to work hard and become a great cb, but that he had a long way to go, and that only hard work was going to get him there.

If the attitude story turned out to be not true, maybe the "he can't play very well" story will turn out to be not true.

A lot of guys come into the league and need a few years to mature. That doesn't mean they will but normally time has a way of humbling people. I am sure PB is aware of his abilities and potential. He has the opportunity to become a great CB. He was in a rough situation last year where he played on a D that had no pass rush and was on the field consistently because of a lack in the running game. I can't wait to watch him improve as a Texan and think he will succeed at a high level if he does his homework. :twocents:

I agree Preacher, he is a talented CB and good addition, he is still young and having ex-teamate Andre will help with the maturity thing

True, I think him being around a Miami teammate will make him more comfortable.. you know how those Miami people are -_-

Back