Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brice McCain to start for Steelers

Nitrofish

Let The Big Fish Eat!
Is this the Texans opportunity to be the beneficiaries of a Brice McCain start instead of the victim of him starting for us? Will McCain suddenly become the next Revis now that he no longer plays for us? As bad as Cortez Allen is playing, how could McCain be any better?

McCain: 5'9"

Johnson: 6'3"
Hopkins: 6'1"

Size isn't everything, but you gotta love the matchup. Now let's just hope that Fitzpatrick can get the ball to his playmakers...

Is this the Texans opportunity to be the beneficiaries of a Brice McCain start instead of the victim of him starting for us? Will McCain suddenly become the next Revis now that he no longer plays for us? As bad as Cortez Allen is playing, how could McCain be any better?

I would love to see Dre, and Nuk have a field day on this fool :freakout:

Knowing Houston Sports lore though... he will have 2 pick sixes, a forced fumble, a blocked punt, then come in for an injured Big Ben, and throw a TD to top it off. :smiliepalm:

I would love to see Dre, and Nuk have a field day on this fool :freakout:

Knowing Houston Sports lore though... he will have 2 pick sixes, a forced fumble, a blocked punt, then come in for an injured Big Ben, and throw a TD to top it off. :smiliepalm:

Here bro...
p_bonghit-1.gif

BTW, Revis didn't look so invincible Thursday night covering Decker - he's different when he's not getting all of that NYC pub.

BTW, Revis didn't look so invincible Thursday night covering Decker - he's different when he's not getting all of that NYC pub.

He's different ever since going under the knife. Pre injury Revis in NY was worth every bit of the pub he was getting.

If Fitz cant pick on McCain then it truly is time to move on to Mallett.

McCain is terrible.

if we do not abuse this little twerp, than BoB is not any where near as good as some think he is....

Exactly! We need to test their corners deep tonight. Not saying we need to air it out but we need to take advantage of these weak corners with Johnson and Hopkins. They are supposed to be a strength of this offense. If you don't take advantage of a teams weakness especially when it aligns with one of your strengths, you're Kubiak all over again.

He was shutting down Andre. The only time Andre was getting catches was when there other guy was covering him. **** brice mccain where was he last year.

He was shutting down Andre. The only time Andre was getting catches was when there other guy was covering him. **** brice mccain where was he last year.

:mariopalm: :toropalm: :kubepalm: :wadepalm:

:vincepalm:

McCain shut down Dre? :vincepalm:
More like Ryan Fitzpatrick just isn't a good quarterback. He forced some throws and that interception with about a minute left before halftime was a killer. If we had went to halftime only down 17-13 we might have won that game. Or at least been in position to win late rather than hoping for a miracle onside kick recovery.

McCain Island
He's horrible. He'll be exposed the next time the Steelers defense faces a good quarterback. Our passing offense just leaves too much to be desired right now. Even our secondary looks good in practice. If you watch the Texans practice you'd be saying "wow, look at that nice play" but on gameday we're facing legitimate quarterbacks most of the time so our secondary gets beat far too often. Big Ben, Andrew Luck and Tony Romo all made big-play Touchdown passes. The type of throws Ryan Fitzpatrick simply can't make unless he lobs one up to DeAndre Hopkins, who goes up with his athleticism and makes the catch with his big hands.

More like Ryan Fitzpatrick just isn't a good quarterback. He forced some throws and that interception with about a minute left before halftime was a killer. If we had went to halftime only down 17-13 we might have won that game. Or at least been in position to win late rather than hoping for a miracle onside kick recovery.
You guys are so funny. Kind of.

If Manning doesn't muff the return. If Arian doesn't fumble. If the defense lines up correctly.

But yes, let's put all the blame on a good defensive play that resulted in an INT. Because, keep in mind, every pass has to be thrown 3 feet above the line, so that it can't be tipped/batted down. That's how every good QB throws a short pass, they lob it 3 feet over the line and only his guy has a chance at catching it. </sacrasm>

The problem is Ryan Fitzpatrick is the one guy who can't fight back and overcome mistakes. He's not good enough. Arian Foster can make a mistake and make up for it. He was a big reason we took a 13-0 lead in the first place. He was the reason we came back to send the Cowboys game into overtime. Fitzpatrick isn't helping us "almost win these games."

Can Ryan Mallett make some great throws deep down the field? We don't know that for certain because he never plays. I believe once he plays he does have better arm strength than Fitzpatrick so he's more likely to become a big play quarterback and improve our passing game. I've seen Mallett in practices only. The ball comes out of his hands much better than it does Fitzpatrick. He has that "Drew Bledsoe and Warren Moon like zip on the ball" that Fitzpatrick doesn't have.

You guys are so funny. Kind of.

If Manning doesn't muff the return. If Arian doesn't fumble. If the defense lines up correctly.

But yes, let's put all the blame on a good defensive play that resulted in an INT. Because, keep in mind, every pass has to be thrown 3 feet above the line, so that it can't be tipped/batted down. That's how every good QB throws a short pass, they lob it 3 feet over the line and only his guy has a chance at catching it. </sacrasm>
Explain to me Ryan Fitzpatrick's seven interceptions and two fumbles over the last five games and the Texans 1-4 record? We went into this season knowing in order for us to win games he'd have to be a game manager and not turn the ball over. He did that the first two games when we were 2-0. It's like everybody has to play their best game for Ryan Fitzpatrick to look good and perform well. I've got news for you: That doesn't happen in the NFL. Some players will struggle every game even on the best teams. We need a quarterback who can man up, overcome the mistakes and still lead this team to a victory with some big-time passes late in games. Fitzpatrick can't even throw a first down pass on a 3rd and 2 in overtime for crying out loud. A good quarterback will find a way to make that play. With a better quarterback we'd have beaten the Cowboys. And likely the Colts and Steelers as well. We'd be very much the team to beat in the AFC South and not some 3-4 losing team right now. And that is despite all of the other mistakes we make.

If we want to keep losing games then by all means keep starting Ryan Fitzpatrick. Maybe he'll earn us a top 10 pick in the 2015 draft so we can draft a quarterback. Somebody with more upside than Tom Savage. After starting the season 3-1, I was hopeful of making a playoff run. But now Fitzpatrick is showing why he's a turnover machine and we're 1-4 in our last five games. The Redskins and Raiders are just bad football teams. It was a fluke 2-0 start I guess. And plus J.J. Watt played MVP like football in the three wins over the Redskins, Raiders and Bills. If not for Watt we'd probably be 0-7 right now. My excitement for the rest of this 2014 season is over. I just want to see Ryan Mallett play so we can determine what we have at quarterback moving forward. I don't expect Ryan Fitzpatrick to be on the Texans roster in 2015. I also want to see Jadeveon Clowney playing again.

Explain to me Ryan Fitzpatrick's seven interceptions and two fumbles over the last five games and the Texans 1-4 record? We went into this season knowing in order for us to win games he'd have to be a game manager and not turn the ball over. He did that the first two games when we were 2-0. It's like everybody has to play their best game for Ryan Fitzpatrick to look good and perform well. I've got news for you: That doesn't happen in the NFL. Some players will struggle every game even on the best teams. We need a quarterback who can man up, overcome the mistakes and still lead this team to a victory with some big-time passes late in games. Fitzpatrick can't even throw a first down pass on a 3rd and 2 in overtime for crying out loud. A good quarterback will find a way to make that play. With a better quarterback we'd have beaten the Cowboys. And likely the Colts and Steelers as well. We'd be very much the team to beat in the AFC South and not some 3-4 losing team right now. And that is despite all of the other mistakes we make.
Edit: confused the Cowboys with the Colts; comment removed

Our defense is what caused us to lose to the Colts. You can point to QB play all you want, but the Colts were essentially scoring at will and they've got a better defense than what many people realize.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Fitzpatrick is the end-all-be-all. I'm just saying that too many people are singling him out, or pointing too many fingers at him. The issues the Texans are having go beyond QB play, to the point where changing QBs will not fix the problems that have to be corrected.

I missed parts of the second half, but from what I saw pretty much all of our big plays came against Cortez Allen while neither Johnson or Hopkins could get any separation on McCain.

I missed parts of the second half, but from what I saw pretty much all of our big plays came against Cortez Allen while neither Johnson or Hopkins could get any separation on McCain.

Fitzpatrick said that he went to the guy that was single covered. Check out his press conference after the game, it's on HT.com

Back