Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brian Leonard

He is the best FB in this years draft class.

He is a monster. He can run, block, and catch.

I think he will go in the 3rd.

The Texans could probably pick him up there but I dont see it happening.

He is the best FB in this years draft class.

He is a monster. He can run, block, and catch.

If he runs 4.6 he's a monster. He ain't got four-six though. Whip them up if you must...He's good. May go in the third. He's not Riggins. He ain't Alstot. He's a good college fullback. Period.

Is he any better than Leach?
No, Leach is a very good blocker, but Leonard isn't a bad blocker by any means (its improved greatly this season with the emergence of Ray Rice). What makes Leonard so valuable is that he can do it all as a RB/FB. Good size, great speed, can run real well, has great hands, and can block. If a team is looking for a power back, he's their man. Leonard has been impressing me since last year, simply put he is a gamer.

In terms of us drafting Leonard, I wouldnt mind it at all, but I dont think we need him. After seeing Leach play today, he could be our FB for some time. It all will come down to where he goes. As of now, I'll say Leonard goes mid 2nd or so. However, I could see him having a great combine and seeing his stock rise as he has great measurables.

Not at this point. But he could be. If he slips through the third and they feel they got to have him I got no probelm with that. The plum on the Ruetgers team is Ray Rice. Buy the ticket see him live in the Texas Bowl. Just to tell your grand childern you saw him live. I believe...OLT first pick...defense with the rest of them. Only exception to that would be the Center Gaurd from Texas Tech...Manny Remerez.....He's a center who can cover right gaurd and tackle for us. As far as running backs...I'd just as soon as have the kid from Oregon St. in the fifth or sixth as anything else I've see out there this year.

I definately think he warrents a look. He does it all.

He reminds me of Alstott in his prime (as a runner, not as a blocker).

If he could bulk up just a little I think he could be a very good weapon as a FB & still be a good lead blocker.

What do you want him for?

A punishing lead blocker, then no (especially after the way Leach was blocking today).

As a passing catching weapon, then yes (Leach did look good on that one catch though).

I guess in terms of doing everything a FB should do, such as running the ball, catching the ball, and blocking for the QB and RB, who's the better player?

John Wriggins NY Jets, Washington, was the best there ever was in terms of a rushing fullback. Might make an argument for Zonka with the two SB rings.
He's not them. He's a darn good, productive college fullback....that usually translates into a day two pick. Ian Johnson is the same animal. I see Ian Johnson I see a young Dan Reeves...a day two solid guy. Now can those two go up a level and have the same production as they had in college ? That's why we watch the games.

Leonard would be a RB in the Kubiak offense, he blocks well for RB something a QB needs, he catches very well, he runs well you saw it in the youtube clip, and that leap is not a one time thing, I have seen 2 games and he did it in both. That move will not last long in the NFL, he is reported to be 4.5 guy, which is faster than Terrell Davis was.

If he falls to our 3rd round pick, not sure he last that long, he would be a great addition if used right.

If he could bulk up just a little I think he could be a very good weapon as a FB & still be a good lead blocker.

man, do you know how hard it is to bulk up and retain athleticism required to play pro football... i respect the crap outta these guys.

man, do you know how hard it is to bulk up and retain athleticism required to play pro football... i respect the crap outta these guys.

Yea I know how hard it is.

But 10 pounds can do wonders for a FB.

Anything he could add would probably help him.

Back