Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brian Gaine Fired

Patriots could easily realize they are close to losing Caserio and making this alot harder that it should be. This is the second time they have requested Caserio and they have run out of ideas on how to keep him from leaving.

— patrick (@PatDStat) June 12, 2019

Patriots could easily end this and leep Caserio and name him the General Manager. They haven’t. So now, it is dragging their feet even more to make the #Texans wait even longer.

Patriots could easily realize they are close to losing Caserio and making this alot harder that it should be. This is the second time they have requested Caserio and they have run out of ideas on how to keep him from leaving.

Patriots could easily end this and leep Caserio and name him the General Manager. They haven’t. So now, it is dragging their feet even more to make the #Texans wait even longer.

Delusional kool-aid

The Patriots are getting laughed at by most football fans for accusing another team of cheating. Between their success and own nefarious history, they lack the goodwill of fans in general these days to garner any sympathy.

Too bad none of that equates to squat for the Texans, though. Maybe Goodell will want to push Kraft's buttons in favor of the Texans. . .hope and grasping at straws is all we get in H-town.

The Patriots filed tampering charges Wednesday against the Houston Texans for the attempted general manager hire of Nick Caserio, league sources told ESPN.

The NFL now is expected to gather relevant informant to open its investigation against Houston, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 12, 2019

The #Texans firing GM Brian Gaine the night after the #Patriots ring ceremony set off some alarm bells. Now, it’s on the league to look into the situation and make a ruling before Houston proceeds.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) June 12, 2019
Everything which has transpired to date was expected. The league shouldn't take more than a couple of days to make a decision. They'll call all parties involved to the league offices. This could be as early as Friday after minicamp, if OB needs to appear. Can all this be handled with a teleconference? I don't know. But I suspect a decision next week. Shouldn- take any longer.

How do we know he wants to be here?

Because the Patriots are trying to block him. It's like trying to block the shot of someone not trying to shoot.

Why bother?

Pretty sure he could just tell the Texans don't bother if he wasn't at least considering it or want to hear them out.

...probably all surreptitiously like when he told them he was interested.

Because the Patriots are trying to block him. It's like trying to block the shot of someone not trying to shoot.

Why bother?

Pretty sure he could just tell the Texans don't bother if he wasn't at least considering it or want to hear them out.

...probably all surreptitiously like when he told them he was interested.

Caserio might like an extra pick to work with

I wonder how many and what draft picks this will cost them if they did tamper? I’d think at least a 2nd, maybe even a 1st. The future will suck for Watson.

Can the Pats really Name him GM and say we cannot interview him? I would think he would have to agree to any new powers and position, reporting, doing it to block someone seems like a no go unless that is what he wants to stay, then Cesario would agree and not interview. I would think the leagye evaluates the current contract on Pats side and what we are offering on our side. Maybe the NFL rules don't make sense, but that is how it would logically be

Tampering, better get someone on tape or admitting it. Handshaking is not a sin

Can the Pats really Name him GM and say we cannot interview him? I would think he would have to agree to any new powers and position, reporting, doing it to block someone seems like a no go unless that is what he wants to stay, then Cesario would agree and not interview. I would think the leagye evaluates the current contract on Pats side and what we are offering on our side. Maybe the NFL rules don't make sense, but that is how it would logically be

Tampering, better get someone on tape or admitting it. Handshaking is not a sin

Patriots are arguing he is a GM I think

Caserio might like an extra pick to work with

If he's at all concerned with his reputation around the league and being considered for gm jobs in the future that would be a bad move.

Plus seems like an awful lot of trouble and posturing to maybe (not likely imo) get a draft pick to work with that he wont even have the final say on using since that's belichick's call.

I would think that if he truly wasn’t interested, he’d have been put out a statement or something saying as much.

BoB and Easterby are about as much in the know as anyone when it comes to NE’s FO power structure and how they’d react to something like this. It’s possible that Gaine’s firing was oddly timed like it was b/c it’s the dead time of the year for GM’s as far as job duties and the Texans FO already knew NE wouldn’t let Cesario interview during the season .........and they also might have known that they would likely put up a fight to keep him and attempt to drag this out.

The timing allows time for all the smoke screen & delay tactics by NE to play out.

Probably giving the Texans FO too much cred but it’s at least plausible. They knew this would be coming.

Not sure if this was his point but in regards to Miami there were reports, I know our favorite word around here, that he was close to taking it but the owner wouldn’t let him fire the coach. How that applies to us is that it shows in the past he has had an interest in leaving and leaving to GM a team that was and is long ways from SB level. Also a team that is in the Pats division so old team loyalty may not be an issue either.

Not sure if this was his point but in regards to Miami there were reports, I know our favorite word around here, that he was close to taking it but the owner wouldn’t let him fire the coach. How that applies to us is that it shows in the past he has had an interest in leaving and leaving to GM a team that was and is long ways from SB level. Also a team that is in the Pats division so old team loyalty may not be an issue either.

I did read he turned it down because of the powers he would have... don't know the specifics

What if the Patriots are still mad Easterby left for the #Texans? Now they have a chance losing Caserio too? This entire tampering allegation issue could easily be the fact one of their own in Easterby is now working to help find a new GM for the Texans.

Patriots are doing anything they can to get something for Caserio if he ends up bolting for the #Texans. The fact there has not be a clear cut no since the request, a title change for Caserio and now tampering charges shows the signs of Caserio interested in Houston.

What if the Patriots are still mad Easterby left for the #Texans? Now they have a chance losing Caserio too? This entire tampering allegation issue could easily be the fact one of their own in Easterby is now working to help find a new GM for the Texans.

Patriots are doing anything they can to get something for Caserio if he ends up bolting for the #Texans. The fact there has not be a clear cut no since the request, a title change for Caserio and now tampering charges shows the signs of Caserio interested in Houston.

Was there a title change for Caserio?

Perfect Texan history that this is an issue. You can't give BB anything. He knows the letter of the law better than anyone.

Right?! I can’t believe that’s even considered evidence. Sounds like the Patriots are pushing to get something for Caserio leaving them to come down here.

It will be interesting to hear if Easterby even knew Gaine was going to be fired. If not he would have every right to say hi to a friend because at the ceremony Gaine was GM and was assumed that was not subject to change. In that scenario nothing was inappropriate.

Back