Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Breaking News!!!

FILOMAN

Gridiron, Tx
I was watching NFL Live right now and they were talking to the woman who broke a story out of Denver about players taking "Water Pills" that could be a cover up for taking other drugs. Several Saints Will Smith and Deuce McAllister were involved and she just stated that a Texans player was too but would not name them. She said she had talked to a person in the Texans front office and they stated that they didnt know about this and would not go on record. Remember however that these pills are also taken to lose weight but are still against the leagues substance abuse policy and whomever it is can be suspended.

I really hope it's Anthony Weaver and we could some how get some of his money back. :heh:

At first, I was thinking Faggins. That would explain why he had that spurt of decent playing the last couple of weeks. Too bad his very best, along with performace enhancing drug, wouldn't be good enough to stop CJ on a average day on toasting the **** out of him.

Doesn't the media consider ALL of our players to not be big name players?

Last edited:
I would guess it would be a slightly older player...

Can't see the young guys doing this..

Unfortunately, there are many in the league who don't consider guys like DeMeco to be "big names", so I'm wary.

Here's my list, in order, of the guys I hope this is not:

1. Mario--utterly defenseless without him.
2. Kris Brown
3. DeMeco
4. AJ--we learned to live without him last year, but it wasn't easy
5. Winston
6. Daniels
7. D. Brown
8. Bulman
9. Dunta--he, at least, gives us hope
10. Slaton
11. Pitts
12. Schaub (would be higher but Sage is certainly a quality backup)
13. Diles
14. Leach (he's destroying defenders lately)
15. Walter
16. Okoye (just because he needs to develop)
17. Cochran
18. Briesel
19. Deljuan Robinson (seems like I see #66 in the backfield quite a bit)
20. Turk
21. Myers (if only because he knows the line calls pretty well)
22. Salaam
23. Rosenfels
24. Green (if only to keep Slaton fresh)
25. Jacoby (though we need to force a punt every once in awhile for him to be useful).
26. Bennett (last year's Bennett would be much higher on this list).

If Andre Davis wasn't hurt, he'd be here, too. If it's someone other than the above, we can shrug it off pretty easily. The remainder of our roster consists of promising youngsters who've yet to show anything (Okam, Adibi, Molden) and "just guys" who can basically be replaced by other "just guys".

Unfortunately, there are many in the league who don't consider guys like DeMeco to be "big names", so I'm wary.

Here's my list, in order, of the guys I hope this is not:

1. Mario--utterly defenseless without him.
2. Kris Brown
3. DeMeco
4. AJ--we learned to live without him last year, but it wasn't easy
5. Winston
6. Daniels
7. D. Brown
8. Bulman
9. Dunta--he, at least, gives us hope
10. Slaton
11. Pitts
12. Schaub (would be higher but Sage is certainly a quality backup)
13. Diles
14. Leach (he's destroying defenders lately)
15. Walter
16. Okoye (just because he needs to develop)
17. Cochran
18. Briesel
19. Deljuan Robinson (seems like I see #66 in the backfield quite a bit)
20. Turk
21. Myers (if only because he knows the line calls pretty well)
22. Salaam
23. Rosenfels
24. Green (if only to keep Slaton fresh)
25. Jacoby (though we need to force a punt every once in awhile for him to be useful).
26. Bennett (last year's Bennett would be much higher on this list).

If Andre Davis wasn't hurt, he'd be here, too. If it's someone other than the above, we can shrug it off pretty easily. The remainder of our roster consists of promising youngsters who've yet to show anything (Okam, Adibi, Molden) and "just guys" who can basically be replaced by other "just guys".

my list would go
1. AJ
2. AJ
3. AJ
4. Mario
5. Schaub

Let's play detective and assume the Texans know who it is . What player needed to lose weight or get stronger ? What player is now being cycled out every few series ... kinda like they have to get the other guy some reps ?

A Texan not specifically mentioned:

Fox 31 television in Denver, citing an unnamed source, reported Friday there are between six and 10 positive tests in the NFL for a weight-loss diuretic. The only names the station mentioned were the two Saints, who are in London for Sunday's game with the San Diego Chargers.

ESPN.com, citing two unnamed sources, reported the number is more than 10 and may exceed 15.

The NFL would not comment on the reports, but attorney David Cornwell told the Associated Press he has been hired to handle the appeals of a number of players who are facing possible suspensions.

Cornwell declined to identify any of his clients or say how many there were.

"These men are entitled to confidentiality and entitled to go through appeal process, so the (Fox 31) report ... is completely unfair," Cornwell said. "The cornerstone of any workplace testing program, especially one in professional sports with high-profile people, is confidentiality."

Saints spokesman Greg Bensel, who was with the team in London, said drug testing is a league matter and the team would have no immediate comment.

Phone messages left with defensive end Smith's agent, Joel Segal, and running back McAllster's agent, Jim Steiner, were not returned.

The Fox 31 report said three or four of the positive tests belonged to the Saints, and that McAllister and Smith tested positive for Bumetanide.

"Most of them tested positive for Bumetanide," Fox 31 quoted the person it identified as a league source. "The last few tested positive for another substance that works similarly."

Bumetanide, a "water pill," decreases the amount of water retained in the body by increasing urination. It causes the kidneys to get rid of unneeded water and salt from the body into the urine.

Diuretics also can be used as masking agents. When used in that capacity the diuretic dilutes the urine, which results in lower levels of the banned substance being excreted from the body. That can make it more difficult to detect banned substances.

I have come across a few reports that have inaccurately tried to equate the positive diuretic test to a positive steroid test for McAllister and Smith.

BTW, suspensions will not be handed out until after this week's games............we wouldn't want to look bad for the British folks, now would we?:gun:

If it is a Texan my bet is Bulman. He started out as a DT. Now hes been told he has to play DE. That has to be a hard transition.

I've got a bad feeling that is D-Rob (even it says it isn't a big name). Would make sense given how quickly he recovered from a pretty horrific injury?

Last edited:
The F...ing long snapper LMAO!.........who would've thought it.

Brian has been struggling this season, I guess he was looking for that edge LOL!

I wonder if that Carolina kicker gave him the hook up.

we got lucky na na na na bo bo

ANywayz why would a long snapper do this LOL a long snapper !!!!!!! :spit:

Waitaminute...I'm kind of confused. This is all just because of the water pill things, right? I mean, it doesn't necessarily mean he's doing roids or any other kind of illegal drugs...does it? Also, he had written consent from his doctor...

Can someone explain?

I have come across a few reports that have inaccurately tried to equate the positive diuretic test to a positive steroid test for McAllister and Smith.

BTW, suspensions will not be handed out until after this week's games............we wouldn't want to look bad for the British folks, now would we?:gun:

I was under the impression that the use of masking drugs, for whatever reason, constitutes a violation, simply because masking drugs are on the banned list? So, masking agent = steroids when it comes to reprecussions.

Concerning a delay in suspensions, the NFL seems very keen in promoting 'fairness' and such, so I would not be surprised if they suspend players before tomorrows game. Over here in Europe, american sports are widely considered 'dirty' when it comes to the use of 'enhancers', and I am sure that the NFL, an organisation for whom moral values and such play a huge role, would take the opportunity to 'show the world' that they are indeed testing and punishing 'dirty players'.

That being said, usually there's an A and B test done to avoid possible wrong results.If what fox 31 is reporting is based on A test results only, and if they are, I am sure that no-one will get suspended.

Let's play detective and assume the Texans know who it is . What player needed to lose weight or get stronger ? What player is now being cycled out every few series ... kinda like they have to get the other guy some reps ?

Well, since we all know its Pittman now, the detective part is moot. I will however not let the chance go by to buff my post count, so here goes :)

Often is is not the players that NEED to lose weight or get stronger that uses these drugs, but players who themselves percieve that they need to do 'something' to better their game, often if they're having a bad streak.

I guess Pittman could be put into that category, not playing his best ball, looking for SOMETHING to do.

I was under the impression that the use of masking drugs, for whatever reason, constitutes a violation, simply because masking drugs are on the banned list? So, masking agent = steroids when it comes to reprecussions.

You are correct........I was simply saying that Masking agents (which includes diuretics) are a distinctly different category from the Anabolic agents (which includes steroids)...........however, all fall within the same NFL banned drug policies (including consequences). [FYI: LIST OF NFL BANNED DRUGS]

Concerning a delay in suspensions, the NFL seems very keen in promoting 'fairness' and such, so I would not be surprised if they suspend players before tomorrows game. Over here in Europe, american sports are widely considered 'dirty' when it comes to the use of 'enhancers', and I am sure that the NFL, an organisation for whom moral values and such play a huge role, would take the opportunity to 'show the world' that they are indeed testing and punishing 'dirty players'

I would be very surprised if the suspension predates the London game. Big money and promotion have a funny way of getting in the way of morality.

That being said, usually there's an A and B test done to avoid possible wrong results.If what fox 31 is reporting is based on A test results only, and if they are, I am sure that no-one will get suspended.

Malloy, I see what you are saying, EXCEPT that the APPEAL process is not initiated until well after the Test A and B are complete and confirmed, and the process has gone to the point of suspension consideration. [FYI: NFL SUBSTANCE ABUSE POLICY]

Lastly, Pittman's eratic performance can better be explained by being placed on a diuretic such as Bumetanid, rather than his "overweight" status. Diuretics taken by individuals which are prone to sweating or placed in situations which promote heavy sweating (such as heat and excercise), are very prone to exhibit problems with fluid and electrolyte (sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and chloride) balance. Once these imbalances are created, weakness, lethargy, drowsiness, restlessness, muscle pain or cramps, and unstable lowering of blood pressure is not uncommon. In respect with the lowering of the normal blood pressure, dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting is what you worry about in an athlete in peak of exertion. With a player like Pittman, especially when overweight to begin with and with questionable conditioning, the adverse effect of diuretics can be quite dramatic on performance.........not to mention dangerous to his overall well-being.

I agree that it is not often that money and promotion gets in the way of morality. One of the few exceptions would IMO be the NFL, but hey, you are probably right :)

In regards to the A and B test, and suspension. Correct me if I am wrong, but if both tests are positive, suspension would be the natural next step, that is until the player is banned or cleared through an appeal? I think that my point was this, IF the Fox-info is based on positive A and B tests, said players could be suspended already.

Ofcourse I could be missing your point entirely, if that is the case then sorry :)

Waitaminute...I'm kind of confused. This is all just because of the water pill things, right? I mean, it doesn't necessarily mean he's doing roids or any other kind of illegal drugs...does it? Also, he had written consent from his doctor...

Can someone explain?

That's exactly right. But as you see, some folks enjoy jumping immediately to the worse possible conclusion with very little real evidence to support those conclusions.

That's exactly right. But as you see, some folks enjoy jumping immediately to the worse possible conclusion with very little real evidence to support those conclusions.

It does not matter really. The masking agents are on the no-no list due to their masking probabilities. The players and doctors know this, so if they end up using them anyway they're either 1: cheating, 2: too dumb. In either case... screw em :)

I agree that it is not often that money and promotion gets in the way of morality. One of the few exceptions would IMO be the NFL, but hey, you are probably right :)

In regards to the A and B test, and suspension. Correct me if I am wrong, but if both tests are positive, suspension would be the natural next step, that is until the player is banned or cleared through an appeal? I think that my point was this, IF the Fox-info is based on positive A and B tests, said players could be suspended already.

Ofcourse I could be missing your point entirely, if that is the case then sorry :)

Actually, "suspension" is not a consideration until there is "failure" in Stage II (not Stage I, which is for clinical evaluation and treatment----there is no suspension for a player in Stage I.....only fines.) This is usually, time wise, well into the process. In other words, all this didn't just happen "overnight."

Actually, "suspension" is not a consideration until there is "failure" in Stage II (not Stage I, which is for clinical evaluation and treatment----there is no suspension for a player in Stage I.....only fines.) This is usually, time wise, well into the process. In other words, all this didn't just happen "overnight."

Gotya, thanks for clearing that up for dumb me :)

Back