Brandon Jacobs

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Grid, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

a possible RB to draft in the 5th 6th or 7th round.. or maybe as an undrafted free agent.

Brandon Jacobs Southern Illinois Running Back 6-4 260

I saw this guy on a list of small school prospects.

to quote what others said about him when I was asking for info.

This guy could be a good "chance" to take in the late rounds of day 2. He could end up being a diamond in the rough. Though it isnt very likely.. most backs ive seen that were successful at 250+ pounds.. were guys that were short and stocky.. made em hard to tackle. This guy is 6'4" so he most likely isnt a low runner. Anyway.. if he doesnt turn out to be our franchise back, he could still be a short yardage back (and I have a feeling Hollings wont be staying past his contract year).. we DO need a short yardage guy. And if THAT doesnt work out.. we could give him a shot at FB or TE.

I just think that a guy his size, with his skills, might deserve one of our late round picks. its a risk worth taking.

If anyone has seen this guy play, or gets the chance to see him play.. id love to know what you saw.

2. astrofan

astrofan Veteran

kind of reminds me of kinney

3. Blake

Blake MMQB

Source

Scott Wright: Who is the best player you have faced during your career?

"Marcus Lawrence: Running back Brandon Jacobs. He is a very talented back that went to Auburn and transferred. "