Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BR predicts 12-4 season for Texans - What Say You?

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Other than the fact it's from the Bleacher Report (LINK), what do you think of the odds we finish the season at 12-4? I'm thinking another 10-6 year or maybe 11-5.

What say you?

One would think that if the Texans would have had a healthy Matt Schaub, they might have gone a little deeper into the playoffs. The passing game didn't have the same explosion when T.J. Yates was in the game. Don't get me wrong, he outperformed many people's expectations and didn't let anyone ever rattle him too much.
Losing Mario Williams won't prove to be that big of a loss as they played almost the entire season without him, but losing Joel Dreessen might be devastating. He caught passes, run blocked, pass blocked, everything. There wasn't anything he didn't excel at in the Texans offense.
For four weeks straight during the season, the Texans won't leave Houston. Weeks 6, 7 and 9 are all home games while their bye is smushed in at Week 8. It will be a good time for them to kind of regroup, as three of their four previous games will be on the road prior to Week 6.
Houston should have no problem running away with the division for the second straight year

all the predictions i seen are like #1 or #2 seed and getting to the super bowl and winning it and some have us losing it

either way i hope the are right

i think us here in houston who know the team are more doubtful just because we know the team and are used to something going wrong

7-9
8-8
8-8
9-7
6-10

like thoes years

all the predictions i seen are like #1 or #2 seed and getting to the super bowl and winning it and some have us losing it

either way i hope the are right

i think us here in houston who know the team are more doubtful just because we know the team and are used to something going wrong

7-9
8-8
8-8
9-7
6-10

like thoes years

Still... I'm, as they say, "cautiously optimistic" and will go with 10-6 or 11-5.
:fans:

Other than the fact it's from the Bleacher Report (LINK), what do you think of the odds we finish the season at 12-4? I'm thinking another 10-6 year or maybe 11-5.

What say you?

As a Texans fan, of course I'm optimistic, hoping for the best, but 12-4 seems like a best case scenario to me. Our schedule is more difficult, we have question marks with key players coming back from injuries, question marks at the receiver position, and we lost the right side of our OL. Feels like the offence may take a step back.

But let's hope they're right.

As a Texans fan, of course I'm optimistic, hoping for the best, but 12-4 seems like a best case scenario to me. Our schedule is more difficult, we have question marks with key players coming back from injuries, question marks at the receiver position, and we lost the right side of our OL. Feels like the offence may take a step back.

Bolded is my biggest question mark. I can't quite wrap my head around 12-4.

I dont think there is any way we will lose less than 5 games.

Greenbay, @ Jets, @Detroit, @New England, Baltimore.

And in this scenario I am giving wins @CHI, @DEN, vsBUF.

11-5 sounds about right to me.

I'm firmly in the 11-5 camp. I'd like 12-4 and think it's entirely possible but my innate pessimism keeps me from predicting anything beyond 11-5.

Honestly, if I thought we had a good chance of going 16-0 I'd probably still say 11-5. I guess it comes from living my entire life in Houston and following the Oilers from an early age.

I predict a 9-7 record. Tough tough schedule, NFC North and AFC East. The good news is the Titans have to play the same schedule and we are the better team meaning we should win the division thereby making the playoffs.

I think that playing the tougher schedule will make the Texans more prepared for the playoffs getting us to, and winning, the Superbowl.

Can't predict wins and loses very well, so I'll just say anything less than another division championship is unacceptable and minimal at best.

Just to keep you from having to dig this up, here's the schedule again.

09/09 --- Dolphins
09/16 --- @ Jags
09/23 --- @ Broncos
09/30 --- Titans
10/08 --- @ Jets (MNF)
10/14 --- Packers (SNF)
10/21 --- Ravens
10/28 --- B-Y-E week
11/04 --- Bills
11/11 --- @ Bears (SNF)
11/18 --- Jags
11/22 --- Lions (Turkey Day)
12/02 --- @ Titans
12/10 --- @ Patriots (MNF)
12/16 --- Colts
12/23 --- Vikings
12/30 --- @ Colts

Lawd... I'd forgotten how many primetime games we have this year!
For better or worse, we won't go unnoticed this season
:photos:

Just to keep you from having to dig this up, here's the schedule again.

09/09 --- Dolphins
09/16 --- @ Jags
09/23 --- @ Broncos
09/30 --- Titans
10/08 --- @ Jets (MNF)
10/14 --- Packers (SNF)
10/21 --- Ravens
10/28 --- B-Y-E week
11/04 --- Bills
11/11 --- @ Bears (SNF)
11/18 --- Jags
11/22 --- Lions (Turkey Day)
12/02 --- @ Titans
12/10 --- @ Patriots (MNF)
12/16 --- Colts
12/23 --- Vikings
12/30 --- @ Colts

Lawd... I'd forgotten how many primetime games we have this year!
For better or worse, we won't go unnoticed this season
:photos:
I remember we pitched an O'fer a few years back in prime time. 0-3 in front of the nation.

Like Thorn, I'm horrible at predictions. But, I do have expectations. And anything less than another division title would be a very huge letdown this season. I'm already saving funds for two seats at Reliant in January.

Kubiak needs to pray the division is as weak in 2012 as it was in 2011. And even with that weak division last season, he still managed to lose to the Colts.

I'm hopeful the Texans find their way to the playoffs for the second consecutive season. But I don't see them winning more than nine games. If the division remains weak, they'll go to the playoffs again.

9-7

I'm, as a rule, a very optimistic kool-aider. That being said, with our untested, inexperienced WR corps and to a lesser extent the right side of the OL in conjunction with the division winner schedule we earned I see a low side of 9&7 to 10&6. I'd love to see us @ 12&4 but I don't see it happening.

9&7 should still deliver the AFC South crown and then it's Katy bar the door. I *think* a 9&7 team has flown home with the prize before. :thinking:

tho u can never predict due to injures the good thing i seen on our sechudle
is the pakers and ravens the two hardest teams IMO our at home so lucky us on that

but u never know ravens could be a joke this year and like the Bills game would prob be the toughest game we have all season u never know

As a Texans fan, of course I'm optimistic, hoping for the best, but 12-4 seems like a best case scenario to me. Our schedule is more difficult...

Technically speaking, this years S.O.S. is the easiest it's been in the Kubiak era. It's the only time it's been below .500

No reason we shouldn't be 12-4 if we're not, something went wrong during the season & we didn't handle it very well.

I'm Cautiously optimistic at this point.

I don't predict records. I don't know how to do that.

I'll just say I expect to be in the play-offs.

Technically speaking, this years S.O.S. is the easiest it's been in the Kubiak era. It's the only time it's been below .500

No reason we shouldn't be 12-4 if we're not, something went wrong during the season & we didn't handle it very well.

That's because we're playing 2-14 Colts twice and 3-13 Vikings once. And we don't play them until the last three weeks of the season. Don't kid yourself, this schedule is not easier than last year's. In terms of winning %age, SOS never looks the same at the end of the season as it does at the beginning.

No way we lose to the Pats or Ravens this year. Like the Steelers game last year they are a defining games.

19-0 or 6-10. One of those two.

That's because we're playing 2-14 Colts twice and 3-13 Vikings once. And we don't play them until the last three weeks of the season. Don't kid yourself, this schedule is not easier than last year's. In terms of winning %age, SOS never looks the same at the end of the season as it does at the beginning.

We also play the jags twice & the Titans twice and for the first time they (as ) as the Colts are quantifiably worse than we are. We should sweep the division this year. Never before has that been the case. I know we say it all the time. But it's never been as true as it is now.

I know the SOS isn't a very accurate representation of the teams we're going to face in 2012 however it's just as accurate as saying we''ll be fielding the #2 defense. Apples to apples, this is the easiest schedule we''ve started a year against. The only reason we think it's tough is we expect the Bears, Lions, and Jets to be better than they were in 2011

I dont think there is any way we will lose less than 5 games.

Greenbay, @ Jets, @Detroit, @New England, Baltimore.

And in this scenario I am giving wins @CHI, @DEN, vsBUF.

11-5 sounds about right to me.

What team are you a fan of?

Not the Texans obviously.

We will beat GB, DET and BMore and most likely NE.

We will be 13-3 or 12-4

With an easy schedule last yr they finished 10-6

This yr 9-7 is about right. Luckily that should be enough to win the division.

You've got to take into account Garys history of going conservative and losing 1-2 games a yr that he should win.

I can't remember a single game where I thought, we won that game because of Mario.

I'll go 11-5.

There was the Miami game his rookie season. He tipped a pass that would have been the game winner in the last seconds of the game. Then there was the Broncos game that should have sealed Shia first pro-bowl bid where he dominated the whole game. We beat the Stealers last season largely in part to Mario's ability to get in Rothlisbergers head & chest & back & hips & shoulders.

I'm sure there are a few others but since he isn't a Texans anymore, it''ll be like they never happened.

I'm firmly in the 11-5 camp. I'd like 12-4 and think it's entirely possible but my innate pessimism keeps me from predicting anything beyond 11-5.

Honestly, if I thought we had a good chance of going 16-0 I'd probably still say 11-5. I guess it comes from living my entire life in Houston and following the Oilers from an early age.

That's exactly the way I look at it. The Oilers have scarred me for life.

And injuries will dictate what our W-L record will be. That's why I don't get into predictions.

last year 10-6 was really different last year we were 7-3 at one point should of been at least 8-2 should of never lost that raider game or even the saints Brees came back and scored like 14 points in 6 mins ...when brees goes INTO beast mode its kinda hard to stop him esp in teh SUperdome

but once we clinched the divison we kinda just shut it down and also when yates came in i dont think we ever scored more then 24 points in a game our O dropped production alooootttt since its obvs we missed Schaub

thats kinda why we went 10-6

With an easy schedule last yr they finished 10-6

This yr 9-7 is about right. Luckily that should be enough to win the division.

You've got to take into account Garys history of going conservative and losing 1-2 games a yr that he should win.

I liked Demeco & I liked Mario. But neither are the leaders JJ Watt & Brian Cushing are. Along with JJo & The offensive leaders, Andre, OD, Matt & Arian, I bet we won't see conservative Gary much at all in 2012

Yes there is. Their names are Rodgers, Brady, Megatron, Revis and Mario Williams.

mostly over-rated.....I mean, if the NFL names a rule made to help you.....that says something. I expect Mario to be what Mario has always been....Revis is getting older and JETS create more drama than anyone in the league, Packers defense is suspect and the team pulled rabits out of hats repeatedly last year......Megatron is a beast.

I liked Demeco & I liked Mario. But neither are the leaders JJ Watt & Brian Cushing are. Along with JJo & The offensive leaders, Andre, OD, Matt & Arian, I bet we won't see conservative Gary much at all in 2012

yea.....how many times do we know of where Mario led the defense in preparations getting ready for the new season.....Demeco did! In my mind, what stands out is the beginning of off-season workouts and such in years past new players commenting on how big Mario was......because they never saw him until he was required to be there. Mario is a very good player who often disappoints and the national press never wanted to say anything good about him until he left....I figure that speaks volumes. I wish him well.....in every game we don't play against them.

I would really like to see that. Balls out, killer instinct, kick 'em while they're down game plan.

Don't think it will happen but I'd sure like to see it.

I temper this thought somewhat though after recalling going to Tennessee and see Gary not calling the dogs off.

Would like to see it more.

But then, we're soft. :kitten:

They won ten last year after a lockout and losing Schaub. We'll see but it is too hard to say.

I bet we won't see conservative Gary much at all in 2012

Just curious why you think that.

I'd be delighted if that happens, but I can't figure out what you think is different about the year 2012 that will cause Gary Kubiak to cast aside his conservative tendencies.

Just curious why you think that.

I'd be delighted if that happens, but I can't figure out what you think is different about the year 2012 that will cause Gary Kubiak to cast aside his conservative tendencies.

We've seen Gary loosen the reigns a time or two. Usually when his back is against the wall, but there have been other times as well. This team has usually done something silly, & invent a new way to lose a game.

I don't think Kubiak is conservative by nature, I think it's been a result of the shipwreck we've thrown on the field. I think our leaders this year can actually deliver & not just talk a good game. Like I said, I love Demeco, but he wasn't that guy that came in as a rookie and lit it up. Mario, just never was that "watch me, do what I do" guy.

Cush & Watt & Jjo, & Quin.... & Antonio we've got a field of leaders.

Arian, Andre, Brown, & Matt.... Winston was alright, but made too many mistakes to be bumping his gums (imo).

We've got to answer the questions about the right side of our offensive line because it's a big deal when a team loses its starting guard and tackle.
And then there's the all-important QB position - will Schaub quickly return to pre-injury form or will there be a long transition period ? Finally, what about another WR(s) stepping up to at least be an adequate reserve(s) for the starters ?

BR Predicts 12-4? What say me???

On record saying 12-4 sounds really good. (optimistic) With our SOS I still think we're looking at 9-7, at best, 10-6. This will still win the division and take us to the new season where we can shine. All we need to do is make the post season healthy and peak at the right time. I feel it in my bone.

We're screwed now!!

Hold on TB. I know you're being facetious but I believe we've got a better shot than most other teams in the league barring injury of coarse.

:texflag:

3 more characters...

I'll start by saying, I hope I'm wrong.

This team has the talent to win the Superbowl. The players are hungry and
young enough to get it done. Here it comes...

B-U-T

Gary Kubiak is still Kubiak. Matt Schaub is still in and out of Ben Taub.
Both of those elements need to up their games dramatically to see this
team get to where we want them to.

I see this team going 8-8, or 9-7 due to the schedule and all the coverage
and primetime games they will see this year being a reason for their loss
of focus.

I hope I'm wrong, but unfortunately, I doubt it. My signature will remain the
same, because this regime has established a pattern. I hope last year
was the start of a new pattern, rather than an anomaly.

Yes there is. Their names are Rodgers, Brady, Megatron, Revis and Mario Williams.

Oddly enough, I thought we played teams and not individuals. Look, I just hope our players mentality is better then some of our fans. If we expect to make any noise, we have to overcome our inferiority complex. The Texans are finally a good team.

We've seen Gary loosen the reigns a time or two. Usually when his back is against the wall, but there have been other times as well. This team has usually done something silly, & invent a new way to lose a game.

I don't think Kubiak is conservative by nature, I think it's been a result of the shipwreck we've thrown on the field. I think our leaders this year can actually deliver & not just talk a good game. Like I said, I love Demeco, but he wasn't that guy that came in as a rookie and lit it up. Mario, just never was that "watch me, do what I do" guy.

Cush & Watt & Jjo, & Quin.... & Antonio we've got a field of leaders.

Arian, Andre, Brown, & Matt.... Winston was alright, but made too many mistakes to be bumping his gums (imo).

Hope you're right.

I hope I'm wrong, but unfortunately, I doubt it. My signature will remain the

For the past 16 years at least 5 new teams are in the playoffs, which means at least 5 teams that made the playoffs dropped out. I with you, I hope we started a new pattern.

Code:
At least five new teams to make the playoffs each year since 1996 are:

SEASON

PLAYOFF TEAMS NOT IN PREVIOUS SEASON'S PLAYOFFS

1996:5 (Carolina, Denver, Jacksonville, Minnesota, New England)
1997:5 (Detroit, Kansas City, Miami, New York Giants, Tampa Bay)
1998:5 (Arizona, Atlanta, Buffalo, Dallas, New York Jets)
1999:7 (Detroit, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Washington)
2000:6 (Baltimore, Denver, New Orleans, New York Giants, Oakland, Philadelphia)
2001:6 (Chicago, Green Bay, New England, New York Jets, Pittsburgh, San Francisco)
2002:5 (Atlanta, Cleveland, Indianapolis, New York Giants, Tennessee)
2003:8 (Baltimore, Carolina, Dallas, Denver, Kansas City, New England, St. Louis, Seattle)
2004:5 (Atlanta, Minnesota, New York Jets, Pittsburgh, San Diego)
2005:7 (Carolina, Chicago, Cincinnati, Jacksonville, New York Giants, Tampa Bay, Washington)
2006:7 (Baltimore, Dallas, Kansas City, New Orleans, New York Jets, Philadelphia, San Diego)
2007:6 (Green Bay, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Washington)
2008:7 (Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Carolina, Miami, Minnesota, Philadelphia)
2009:6 (Cincinnati, Dallas, Green Bay, New England, New Orleans, New York Jets)
2010:5 (Atlanta, Chicago, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Seattle)
2011:6 (Detroit, Houston, San Francisco, Denver, Giants, Cincinnati)

I'll start by saying, I hope I'm wrong.

This team has the talent to win the Superbowl. The players are hungry and
young enough to get it done. Here it comes...

B-U-T

Gary Kubiak is still Kubiak. Matt Schaub is still in and out of Ben Taub.
Both of those elements need to up their games dramatically to see this
team get to where we want them to.

I see this team going 8-8, or 9-7 due to the schedule and all the coverage
and primetime games they will see this year being a reason for their loss
of focus.

I hope I'm wrong
, but unfortunately, I doubt it. My signature will remain the

Bull****. (bolded)

You hope you're wrong? Stop it. You can't WAIT to be right so you can make a thread in November. Goes for you and everyone else who says that "I hope I'm wrong" garbage. Who wants to be wrong?

Glad you provided my 6th or 7th laugh that I've had this AM.

"I hope I'm wrong"...
dead.gif

Back