Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BL Mock 2.0

beerlover

Hall of Fame
With trade of Brock its end of the era in Houston of tall, lanky, slow delivery, non athletic QB's. Time to go polar opposite & nab a gun slinging, mobile, athletic, quick release baller who can carry a team. It's imperative thereafter to protect & surround him with weapons. Also hopefully restock secondary after loss of Bouye and Demps with another young corner & safety.

1st Rd. Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech, 6-2 225

563aa7934f419.image.jpg

2nd Rd. Taylor Moton, OL, Western Michigan, 6-5 319

9804581-ncaa-football-cotton-bowl-wisconsin-vs-western-michigan.jpeg

3rd. Rd. Chidobe Awuzie, CB Colorado, 6-0 202

940x.jpg

4th Rd. via Cleveland. Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland, 6-6 278

tempAP_17063774918870--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

4th Rd. Jamal Carter, S, Miami, 6-1 218

389-umfoot090714-UM-vs-Florida-AM-ADD.jpg

5th Rd. Ethan Cooper, OG, Indiana PA, 6-2 322

Cooper2.jpg

6th Rd. traded to Cleveland

7th Rd. Steven Taylor, LB, 6010 225, Houston

Per Rotoworld

Draft insider Tony Pauline reports Colorado CB Chidobe Awuzie appears to be a first round lock following the NFL Combine.
Expect to hear about 10 cornerback names attached to the first round. Awuzie dealt with a turf toe in the school's bowl game, forcing him to be sidelined for the Senior Bowl. At the very least he is a school's slot corner, a position that is on the field over 50 percent of the time. Awuzie tested in the 89th percentile, per Zach Whitman. Mar 7

He had a great combine and I think Walter is way off with this one, his size, speed and change of direction are elite. Guy is 6'0 200 lbs runs a 4.4 and turned in one of the best short shuttles and thee cones. Its hard to see him not drafted in the first two rounds, I guess some teams might be turned off by his short arms and lack of int's. I think some corners that might be there in round 3 are guys like Kazee, Langley, Sutton, H. Wilson, Myrick.

My feelings are he is slot corner next level. You need slot corner but not nessecary use a 2nd, surely not a first. Some people value combine workouts higher than game film. Would love to see Wuzie a Texan but if not available, next man up. See what happens via free agency. Too many holes to fill via draft alone.

That would be a terrific Draft for us BL, hope we get that or something close to it next month in Philly.
Speaking of beer I just had a new IPA brand last night, "Two Hearted Ale", a brewer in Comstock, Michigan. Very hoppy, good stuff !

That would be a terrific Draft for us BL, hope we get that or something close to it next month in Philly.
Speaking of beer I just had a new IPA brand last night, "Two Hearted Ale", a brewer in Comstock, Michigan. Very hoppy, good stuff !

I saw that myself in stores, Bells was impossible to get here before. Very high quality early craft beer

I saw that myself in stores, Bells was impossible to get here before. Very high quality early craft beer
Here in the Clear Lake area we have a new "Wine & Total & More" retailer and they have an outstanding selection of IPAs including a Mix&Match 6-pack purchase option, so anyway I'm compiling an impressive collection of IPA bottles. They might put the hurt on Specs.

My feelings are he is slot corner next level. You need slot corner but not nessecary use a 2nd, surely not a first. Some people value combine workouts higher than game film. Would love to see Wuzie a Texan but if not available, next man up. See what happens via free agency. Too many holes to fill via draft alone.

I like Witherspoon more.

BTW, Great Mock. If Ricky McNair could do this well I would be dancing in the streets.

BPA is flawed. It measures the now instead of future results. NFL careers are short, yet in this entire franchise history fans, fellow players, coaches and ownership have yet to experience the feeling that comes from having a true leader under center.

My concern is not if Patrick could pull this off its more of, will he still be there on the board @ 25? Last year for me it was Carson Wentz and we all know how far up the boards he rose.

Choose Mahomes because he is clearly gifted. Posses leadership & quick release. Playmaker that can completely change the offensive dynamics of Texans from anything we've known.

Wasn't crazy about Moton at first but after studying enough film felt more & more comfortable he could kick outside and at least compete for starting RT. Worst case, starting RG.

Thought I carefully mapped out a fair draft grade in a deep corner class for Awuize, maybe not? Think he is a baller just not one of the bigger corners that teams seem to be now searching for.

Shehaan is a guy I really like & think O'Brian does too. Has big body to help set the edge & chip before releasing into flats & man does he have great hands & feet for his size.

Gotta admit this is a really great class of Hurricanes once again and well I hated to wait this long to grab one but think Carter is your typical Cane FS, whose range & athetisism makes him a problem for offenses.

Meet Ethan, my big ugly and man does his girth & strength relate to a power drive blocker that reach second level, in other words a developmental road grader.

Steven Taylor is going to be on my mock draft until conclusion of 2017 draft. Core special teams player who could someday earn a starting job somewhere under Vrabel in his defense.

Thanks for all your feedback, much too kind :wesmantexanfan:

Besides obvious (identifying franchise QB) went off Cam Robinson as noted in Super Mock, because I don't think Right Tackle would be a good fit and doubt Duane Brown wouldnt feel kindly so a rookie LT could have his position, least without earning it. Cam is left handed, left side dominant and would have to remain on the left side. Would make me uneasy to move X from LG as he is coming into his own either. Hence look for a right side dominant OT/OG in 2nd or 3rd rd.
This just came out on Bleecher-
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...letter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Back