Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bill Cowher to NY Giants?

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
Just saw on NBC where they said that Cowher told Jerome Bettis that he covets the Giants job. I think Coughlin has run his course so he will probably be gone next season. Cowher's style is typical Giants football so it would be a good fit if it happens.

I'm watching the Tacks/Gianst game now. I know the score gets away in the second half,but now, it's 10-10 at the half.

The Giants defense (the defense we'll be playing in 2 weeks) held CJ2K to 54 yards on 17 carries in the first half.

54 yards... 17 carries.

Impressive no??

I find this very interesting because we remember what Cowher had said about the Texans on TV, but nothing opened up. What are the odds of that happening again to him? I think it would be smart of him to put feelers out using his media connections.

I guess if he doesn't comes here, atleast he doesn't come to an opposing divisional team, an AFC, and goes to the division to play against the Cowboys. I would not want to be a Cowboys fan because that qould be one tough of a division coaching wise - Shannahan, Cowher, Reid and the Cowboys left with TADAA! Wade Phillips.

I think that Cowher has a real good chance at landing there. He's got a good connection to the family that owns the Giants from what I hear, and it is a good franchise where he could build a team. Eli is a good enough QB as well.

For Cowher to land in NYC it's going to take a bad season from the giants. Hard to tell with the way this team has played so far. Very Jekyll and Hyde. IF they make the playoffs this year, its' going to be hard to rationalize firing Coughlin afterwards. Not like the team had SB projections, but like the last time they won the SB, if you can consistently get pressure from your front 4 it can take you a long way.

Personally I'd be more on the look out for him to take the Carolina job, John Fox's time is pretty much up with an 0-4 start to the season. Nice pieces in place there for Bill. A young QB to work with, a pair of good RBs, and despite loosing Peppers, the Carolina D has played well for the most part this year. Much closer to his home as well.

Back