Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Big hit in the GMAC Bowl

WOW! I flat out loved that! Reminds me of that Dwayne Slay hit last year. Which one was a harder hit? Roberts or Slay's? Too close to call!

The difference is that Slay's hit was NOT close to being called a penalty as opposed to yours. Was there helmet to helmet contact? If you pause it at around 1:35 or so, you can see the facemask being jostled by the helmet. Should there have been a flag? I don't know but I wouldn't argue if there was one. It was just one of those things that looked a little too close to call. I read somewhere in the comments section that there are no helmet to helmet penalties in college football. Is that true? Anyone?

Dumbass should have called for a fair catch. That's all there is to it.

GREAT HIT, Hagar! Thanks for bringing it to me.

For those of you who want to see the Slay hit and compare the two...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pPb1lD2dL8

WOW! I flat out loved that! Reminds me of that Dwayne Slay hit last year. Which one was a harder hit? Roberts or Slay's? Too close to call!

The difference is that Slay's hit was NOT close to being called a penalty as opposed to yours. Was there helmet to helmet contact? If you pause it at around 1:35 or so, you can see the facemask being jostled by the helmet. Should there have been a flag? I don't know but I wouldn't argue if there was one. It was just one of those things that looked a little too close to call. I read somewhere in the comments section that there are no helmet to helmet penalties in college football. Is that true? Anyone?

Dumbass should have called for a fair catch. That's all there is to it.

GREAT HIT, Hagar! Thanks for bringing it to me.

For those of you who want to see the Slay hit and compare the two...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pPb1lD2dL8

Slay's was hard, no doubt, but I'll go with Roberts because it looked like those two players had a higher combined closing speed.

Holy crap...that was sickening...I hope that guy is ok. That was one of the worst helmet to helmet tackles I've ever seen. It had broken neck written all over it.

He should be. That hit happened in 2004.

Reggie Brown plays for the Eagles now.

Whatever happened to Junior Rosegreen?

Back