Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bennie Joppru TD

Bennie is gunna have a breakout year. Guess he can't do any worse than the last three. Let's just hope he stays healthy. I love being able to see him play, and seeing how surprising good he is at it after all he has been through.

For a guy to have the luck he has had...I hope he getsa chance to realyl showcase what he can do...think Owen Daniels and Bennie in the hashmarks...:excited:

Typical hard luck story that when it turns out well just puts a smile on your face. Couldn't be happier for the kid.

Fun play to watch develop - three guys in the pattern on the short field rollout to the right. Sage was patient and waited for him to come across the back of the endzone from the other side. A simple but effective use of the TE that would have been incomprehensible under the dinosaur regime of last season. Cut me slack on details - I haven't watched the replay - just going from full speed memory.

aj. said:
Fun play to watch develop - three guys in the pattern on the short field rollout to the right. Sage was patient and waited for him to come across the back of the endzone from the other side. A simple but effective use of the TE that would have been incomprehensible under the dinosaur regime of last season. Cut me slack on details - I haven't watched the replay - just going from full speed memory.

You pretty much nailed it. 2-3 short routes used as diversions from the developing route from Bennie. He got in a nice spot in the back of the endzone, and it looked like he was the least of Tampa Bays worries. Even when he didnt chip anyone, nobody followed him.

And yes, Sage did a great job waiting it out, and making a nice over the top throw. (Unlike David, who cant seem to get the ball over his shoulder...) But im not trying to start a David, Sage debate.

Bennie sure is getting the love now. We should pull up some of the old Bennie is a bust threads to see how the tunes have changed. I was always for patience with the guy. He was getting hurt through bad luck on the field, not his own poor choices like other players in the league that spring to mind.

Think he'll make the team? It seems like Bruener is in, so is Daniels, and so is Putzier. Is there room for Bennie?

gtexan02 said:
Think he'll make the team? It seems like Bruener is in, so is Daniels, and so is Putzier. Is there room for Bennie?

They almost have to carry 4 tight ends. Although, Luchey has made a pretty good case for himself the past few games.

Joppru will make the roster because he can play FB, HB, TE and contribute on special teams. He was a third round pick, which is a medium-high pick for tight end. I think he and Owen Daniels are the future of this team for tight ends as Putzier is 27 and Bruener is 34. I can see both of them being on the roster for one or two more seasons and then Daniels and Joppru taking over with some young guys behind them. Bruener is still playing at 34 because he is one of the best run blocking tight ends in the league and Putzier knows Kubiaks offense since he was in Denver.

I'm very happy for Joppru. :redtowel:

Rightnow said:
Joppru will make the roster because he can play FB, HB, TE and contribute on special teams. He was a third round pick, which is a medium-high pick for tight end. I think he and Owen Daniels are the future of this team for tight ends as Putzier is 27 and Bruener is 34. I can see both of them being on the roster for one or two more seasons and then Daniels and Joppru taking over with some young guys behind them. Bruener is still playing at 34 because he is one of the best run blocking tight ends in the league and Putzier knows Kubiaks offense since he was in Denver.

I'm very happy for Joppru. :redtowel:[/QUOTE
BJ was a second round selection.

Back