Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Believers... check in!

Screen%20Shot%202013-10-13%20at%209.27.15%20PM.png

If Cushing still believes... so will I!

Fine line between believing and delusion and Cushing is tap dancing all over it...

I will never give up on the Texans, although I joke about being a Colt fan, but I have ABSOLUTELY given up on Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak....

Until those 2 variables are changed, I will choose to spend my Sundays watching other teams...

That Oiler team had a better line, QB, defense....and coaching.

Totally get what you're saying here, but I bet they didn't look much better at the time that they were 1-4. I don't remember (even though I know I saw it & do remember the next 11 & playoffs), but I just bet. For instance, that D was good, but it didn't have JJ Watt or B. Cushing. That O-line was great, but it didn't have D. Brown or Myers getting to the second level. I know I don't even have to mention Foster. I think this team would be capable of making a turn-around like that, but QB is a big ????? right now.
Let me lay down a couple of stats that only a bad team can have. Texans and Jaguars only teams with three 21-point losses this season. Texans have one of the worst point differentials in the NFL at -71.

Let me lay down a couple of stats that only a bad team can have. Texans and Jaguars only teams with three 21-point losses this season. Texans have one of the worst point differentials in the NFL at -71.

The Texans are the only team to be 0-6 against the spread this season. Even Jacksonville covered at least once.

The Texans are the only team to be 0-6 against the spread this season.
Does covering the spread have any bearing on who makes the playoffs?
WRONG!!!! If enough people make enough noise it puts pressure on the owner to make a change.
You mean like
cheering when you're QB is hurt?

That noise got you negative national attention, and now some of your players are turning against you.

They're AWARE of the problems. The owner is going to do what he's going to
do. It is in his best interest to win. He wants to win.

You're on game seven, people. You want your players to give 100% for 60 minutes, but you, yourselves want to quit at game seven.

Dust yourselves off, and get back on. Let your weaker ones jump off your
wagon now.

Dust yourselves off, and get back on. Let your weaker ones jump off your wagon now.

Been on the wagon for a while now, I'll not be jumping off at all. Ever. Doesn't mean I'm not pissed off. Of course I've been pissed off since the 1960s so that doesn't mean a whole lot. :lol:

Totally get what you're saying here, but I bet they didn't look much better at the time that they were 1-4. I don't remember (even though I know I saw it & do remember the next 11 & playoffs), but I just bet. For instance, that D was good, but it didn't have JJ Watt or B. Cushing. That O-line was great, but it didn't have D. Brown or Myers getting to the second level. I know I don't even have to mention Foster. I think this team would be capable of making a turn-around like that, but QB is a big ????? right now.

I vividly remember the headline in the Houston Chronicle at the 1-4 mark:

FROM CHOKE TO JOKE

This, of course, was just 8-9 months after the 35-3 debacle.

That team certainly had some resolve to keep fighting after such a historic meltdown and horrible start. Of course, Joe Montana sapped the remaining resolve at the end of that season, but it was fun while it lasted.

I wish I could believe in the Texans to make such a run, but I think this team's biggest weaknesses right now are at the most crucial positions: HC and QB. And there is absolutely nothing that makes me think either man has it in him to rally this team and inspire them to dig out of this hole.

People are talking about yardage not mattering.... well, point differentials don't matter, either. It's only 1 loss or 1 win and it doesn't matter how much you win or lose by unless you're in a tie-breaker situation and that's rarely used.

Right now, we're 2 games out of first place in our division.

That's it.

We're not 100 points down. We're 2 games out with 10 games to play. We still control our own destiny (because we've got 2 games against the Colts and 1 game against the Titans and if we win out and they win out except for the games against us, we win.)

I understand a lot of you were just waiting for a reason to get your panties in a bunch because you don't like Kubiak and you don't like Schaub and now that we're facing some adversity, this is a golden opportunity to vent some of that.

But this season isn't over and this team isn't that far away from being really good. Maybe Keenum can step up, maybe Yates can step up, maybe the rest of the team can stop getting stupid penalties and turning the ball over.

We've dug ourselves a hole now it's time to climb out of it.

I think we can win in KC. I think we can stop their offense given the fact it primarily revolves around Charles.

It all depends on what this thing we call an offense can muster up. I would hope Kubiak's comments about waiting until the end of the week to name the starter is bogus. If Schaub's out name the starter tomorrow if he hasn't already.

If we get a lead we have a chance. Watt and Co. can destroy this oline if we have a lead. If we get behind I don't see us beating their pass rush once they pin their ears back.

Which one's going to show up? Jekyll? Or Hyde?

I think we can win in KC. I think we can stop their offense given the fact it primarily revolves around Charles.

It all depends on what this thing we call an offense can muster up. I would hope Kubiak's comments about waiting until the end of the week to name the starter is bogus. If Schaub's out name the starter tomorrow if he hasn't already.

If we get a lead we have a chance. Watt and Co. can destroy this oline if we have a lead. If we get behind I don't see us beating their pass rush once they pin their ears back.

Gonna make the Chiefs guess who's tossing underneath routes and squat routes. Make them prepare for the underneath route from short and tall QB's alike. He's just making sure that when the bullets start to fly, whatever you do, don't target AJ in the End Zone.

Chiefs had 10 sacks last week and have the best front7 in the NFL with a monster on the nose. This is gonna be brutal because we are going to play conservatively and the Chiefs won't have to defense the back end like they do other teams.

oh yeah, I'm a believer :doot:

After seeing the pics of the injury there is now way Schuab isn't out 3-6 weeks. None. His ankle did a freaking 180!!

After seeing the pics of the injury there is now way Schuab isn't out 3-6 weeks. None. His ankle did a freaking 180!!

He was running up & down the sideline after they re-taped it. I'm sure if it was up to him he'd have been in the game. If we had a shot at winning, Kubiak would have thrown him in.

Gonna make the Chiefs guess who's tossing underneath routes and squat routes. Make them prepare for the underneath route from short and tall QB's alike. He's just making sure that when the bullets start to fly, whatever you do, don't target AJ in the End Zone.

Chiefs had 10 sacks last week and have the best front7 in the NFL with a monster on the nose. This is gonna be brutal because we are going to play conservatively and the Chiefs won't have to defense the back end like they do other teams.

oh yeah, I'm a believer :doot:

I was hoping to eat my Wheaties without someone peeing in them. Oh well, what'd ya eat last night? :vomit:

He was running up & down the sideline after they re-taped it. I'm sure if it was up to him he'd have been in the game. If we had a shot at winning, Kubiak would have thrown him in.

Great point! If Yates would have brought them back 25 or 30 points and made it competitve, Kubes would have stuck Schaub back in.

j/k

People are talking about yardage not mattering.... well, point differentials don't matter, either.
They certainly have an effect DURING the game when you have to change your Offensive playcalling. Granted Kubiak still ran the ball late on Sunday, but it wasn't in any attempt to actually win the game. He wanted it OVER.

Yes, those are ugly stats. However, I do not think it is indicative of the talent level of the team- certainly it is in Jacksonville. When these things have happened to the Texans in the past, it has revealed talent deficits. I'm confident that is not true of this team. So, they could turn it around (I still believe they will) like the NYGiants did a few years ago, like Baltimore did last year... and others. Or, they could go down like San Diego did a couple years ago when they were among the leaders in offense and defense but finished with a losing record. We just have to watch it play out. I'm kind of excited about the drama unfolding. Looking forward to a bunch of important games in October and November. (I'm weird, I know)

Been on the wagon for a while now, I'll not be jumping off at all. Ever. Doesn't mean I'm not pissed off. Of course I've been pissed off since the 1960s so that doesn't mean a whole lot. :lol:
Hey man, I'll
bet you and I have seen all the same Oilers games. You prob. saw the 72 & 73
seasons, where we won exactly one game each year. (bears, jets) Remember
how exciting it was when Sid Gillman came along for "Turnaround '74," as the
promoted it? We won SEVEN games! Back then, winning any game was
a reason to dance in the street.

Dont ever get tired of believing. Took 30 years of suffering, but I finally got
to celebrate on Bourbon St. It CAN happen.

Keep rocking Houston. You're about to pass up Chicago for America's #3 town. Dont forget your greatness.

Yes, those are ugly stats. However, I do not think it is indicative of the talent level of the team- certainly it is in Jacksonville. When these things have happened to the Texans in the past, it has revealed talent deficits. I'm confident that is not true of this team. So, they could turn it around (I still believe they will) like the NYGiants did a few years ago, like Baltimore did last year... and others. Or, they could go down like San Diego did a couple years ago when they were among the leaders in offense and defense but finished with a losing record. We just have to watch it play out. I'm kind of excited about the drama unfolding. Looking forward to a bunch of important games in October and November. (I'm weird, I know)
man, that's a whole lotta Rosie. Teams run right up the middle this year since we don't have a run stopper on the nose and neither MLB next to Cushing can shed a block, Keo and washed up Ed Reed are our starting secondary next week. We have no edge rush to speak of even though we have JJ Watt taking triple teams. The offensive line has been average and we face the best front 7 in the NFL this weekend. If Schaub plays he will be even less mobile than usual and if he doesn't play the offense will feature either a back up QB or a guy who may be a good back up QB one day.

Does covering the spread have any bearing on who makes the playoffs?You mean like

That noise got you negative national attention, and now some of your players are turning against you.

They're AWARE of the problems. The owner is going to do what he's going to
do. It is in his best interest to win. He wants to win.

You're on game seven, people. You want your players to give 100% for 60 minutes, but you, yourselves want to quit at game seven.

Dust yourselves off, and get back on. Let your weaker ones jump off your
wagon now.

Just who the he** are you to tell me how to act or think, I dont care what the players think or BoB for that matter. If the team plays as badly as it has this entire season, or is totally unprepared then you can believe after 11 yrs they are going to hear my displearsure.

If that makes me a bad fan in your eyes, then I suggest you go----- yourself.

?You mean like

That noise got you negative national attention, and now some of your players are turning against you. w.

Did I say that? Did I say act like a douche bag? No I said make noise blue there's nothing wrong with booing a bad product.

They certainly have an effect DURING the game when you have to change your Offensive playcalling. Granted Kubiak still ran the ball late on Sunday, but it wasn't in any attempt to actually win the game. He wanted it OVER.

That's a totally different discussion. (And not particularly accurate, either*.)

The point differential of a game you won or lost doesn't make any difference except in possible tie-breakers. So right now, we're 2-4, the Titans are 3-3, and the Colts are 4-2.

And a lot of our "fans" have thrown in the towel and given up and are looking forward to the end of the Smithiak/Schaub era.

We may not come back. We may collapse and have an awful rest of this season. BUT. We might come back and we might win this division. This is WHY you should be a fan... to watch your team fight back into contention.

Your favorite Saints fan weighing in. (native Houstonian / grew up with the
Oilers. I am an expert on tough times.)

Your options are:
1. Go to the games, be the home field monster you are, stand with
your boys, have fun- win or lose, (like we do in New Orleans) and
bring something positive. They might win. They might lose. The sun
still rises in Pasadena, and you have fun hanging with your red & blue
buds. Be a good example to your kids, and also show the rest of
America that Houston is a class place with great fans.

2. Go on a diet, start exercising 3 times a day, take some suppliments, sign
up for an Arena League team, practice getting your head knocked off by
300 lb men. Stay up day and night in film study, hire Bill Walsh to per-
sonally tutor you in fundementals--- and get out there and do better
yourself. You might win. You might lose. Depends on how good
YOU are.

3. Ditch Houston tradition, and become the new Philidelphia. Burn Jerseys,
stalk your players in their driveway, and do various tacky, negative
tantrums. You wont win, in fact this might even effect your future,
when free agency kicks in again, and no one wants to play for you, but
you'll feel better getting it out.

Rickey Watters, Eagles, post game interview: (why didnt you lay out for
that pass in the middle?) answer: For Who For What?
Dont let this become YOUR players attitude toward you, the fan.

Its like yelling at a movie. You THINK you're helping things, but really, you're
not. Cmon. Act like Houston.

I'll take Option #1 for 500 Alex
images

And yes, we're definitely in Jeopardy.

Sunday morning. Time to check-in as a believer.....at least for the next few hours. :)

I didn't believe last week, however, Case has given me a reason to believe. I don't know what it is, but I really really think we win this game.

If we don't, next week is going to suck.

Back