Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Believers... check in!

I still see this team making the playoffs at 10-6 as a wildcard because one of those losses will be to the Colts.

I admire your optimism and approve of your post. I wish I could be as confident myself. Personally speaking, you seem like a good guy.

Thanks! I just try to always stay positive. I see no benefit in being negative all the time. It comes handy when being an Astros fan as well.

I prefer to look at it as 10-6, 12-4, & 2-3. When we were losing we weren't allowed to take the last 4 games of the previous season & add it to the first 4 games of the new season.

No need to start changing rules again. Only thing that matters now, are the next 11, not the last unless you like to wallow in misery.

A - I believe there to be some misery already being wallowed in
B - You are suggesting we don't use the immediate history as a litmus as to where we are at for a basis of where we should likely expect to be going? This logic is what got Obama elected a 2nd term. No surprise.. I knew Obama would get elected when I states only an idiot would vote him in for a 2nd term.
C - Rules? what rules would you be referring to? Oh, those rules that suggest that when a losing team ends the season on a hot streak that there be expectation that the team could carry that over to the next season? Ya, I think that rule has been around for ever... so are you actually suggesting that since THIS team ended the season with a hemorrhage, it's unfair to expect the bleeding to possibly continue?

Keepin it real.

I wonder if the photographers even knew who this loser and his plastic wife were?...... My guess is, Naaaah.

Really,

I think Schaub's time as the Texans QB at an exceotable level is done.

However I love the way Matt and his wife have gone out of their way to help contribute to the community. They are really classy people (not that you would have a clue as to what class is) and I thank them for all of their efforts.

How can we not believe in someone this cool

Schaub.jpg

Im not sure if you are aware what event that they are at but they are well within the norm for said event and probably on the conservative side

At the end of the day , the Texans performance is disappointing but not the end of the world . If it is , you live a charmed life if Schaub's pick 6s are the worst thing that's going on in your life .

My opinion of the football side is the QB and the coach of the future are not on the roster .

DAMN! Thats what gomer is workin with. I like the little caption next to his head says "yum"

Not only is she hot but:

atlantafalcons.jpg

She was a Falcons cheerleader! Matt broke the rules!

Matt better get his isht straight or his lady is going to end up on a wave runner with the Geico piggy.

[IMGwidthsize=550]http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/35aWgiA0YK4/maxresdefault.jpg[/IMG]

I can't be the only one who immediately thought of this...

dumb-and-dumber-orange-and-blue-tuxedos1.jpg

rotflmfao!!!!!

somebody photoshop kubiak and matt in place of daniels and carey.

Khari Khari,

You had to pull out the monkeys didn't you.........

And what's wrong with MONKEYS??? :kingkong:

As far as the thread goes, I'm a fan win or lose. My level of 'belief' has nothing to do with outcome.

So I have to ask: What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding! :dancer:

No matter what I have always been a believer Wednesday - Sunday Afternoon. I'd like to get back to being one Sunday night - Tuesday.

Matt better get his isht straight or his lady is going to end up on a wave runner with the Geico piggy.

[IMGwidthsize=550]http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/35aWgiA0YK4/maxresdefault.jpg[/IMG]

Maxwell. I BELIEVE his name is Maxwell.

Is that gonna work in this thread?:peek:

Reason for optimism:

Any specific Football Outsiders stat observations on this matchup?

“Not a matchup comment, but an observation on Houston. Make no mistake, this has been a bad football team in 2013 – the only AFC teams worse in our rankings our Oakland and Jacksonville. But if they can find a way to turn things around, there’s reason to believe they can make a run. Houston’s schedule through five games has been the second-hardest in the league, behind only the Giants. However, from this point forward, they have one of the five easiest schedules in the league.

Our record over the next 11 games won't be as telling as how we do against Denver, New England, Tennessee, & Indy.

And what's wrong with MONKEYS??? :kingkong:

As far as the thread goes, I'm a fan win or lose. My level of 'belief' has nothing to do with outcome.

So I have to ask: What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding! :dancer:

I'm with you, a fan to the end!

And the answer to your question is:

"Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!"

Your favorite Saints fan weighing in. (native Houstonian / grew up with the
Oilers. I am an expert on tough times.)

Your options are:
1. Go to the games, be the home field monster you are, stand with
your boys, have fun- win or lose, (like we do in New Orleans) and
bring something positive. They might win. They might lose. The sun
still rises in Pasadena, and you have fun hanging with your red & blue
buds. Be a good example to your kids, and also show the rest of
America that Houston is a class place with great fans.

2. Go on a diet, start exercising 3 times a day, take some suppliments, sign
up for an Arena League team, practice getting your head knocked off by
300 lb men. Stay up day and night in film study, hire Bill Walsh to per-
sonally tutor you in fundementals--- and get out there and do better
yourself. You might win. You might lose.

3. Ditch Houston tradition, and become the new Philidelphia. Burn Jerseys,
stalk your players in their driveway, and do various tacky, negative
tantrums. You wont win, in fact this might even effect your future,
when free agency kicks in again, and no one wants to play for you, but
you'll feel better getting it out. Create a poisonous atmosphere,
and you will lose.

Rickey Watters, Eagles, post game interview: (why didnt you lay out for
that pass in the middle?) answer: For Who For What?

Its like yelling at a movie. You THINK you're helping things, but really, you're
not. Cmon. Act like Houston.

Your options are:

yourself. You might win. You might lose. Depends on how good
YOU are.

you'll feel better getting it out.

Dont let this become YOUR players attitude toward you, the fan.

Its like yelling at a movie. You THINK you're helping things, but really, you're

Your options are:

yourself. You might win. You might lose. Depends on how good
YOU are.

you'll feel better getting it out.

Dont let this become YOUR players attitude toward you, the fan.

Thanks for the words skymike! I hope Houstonians listen. The way fans treat the players is a factor in attracting free agents to come play here. Something to think about before you go and boo Schaub and try to mentally break him down.

Im not sure if you are aware what event that they are at but they are well within the norm for said event and probably on the conservative side

Yes, I'm aware of where they were at, and maybe they are on the conservative side. I just said he looked cool...

Your options are:

yourself. You might win. You might lose.

you'll feel better getting it out. Create a poisonous atmosphere,
and you will lose.

Yup:clap:

Do you still beleive?

Yes I still believe! Believing doesn't mean I think we WILL win the Super Bowl, it means I think we still have a chance. Until we are officially eliminated, I'll continue to keep believing. Too much talent on this team to not believe we can turn things around. Crazier things have happened.

Yes I still believe! Believing doesn't mean I think we WILL win the Super Bowl, it means I think we still have a chance. Until we are officially eliminated, I'll continue to keep believing. Too much talent on this team to not believe we can turn things around. Crazier things have happened.

Drug test please ...

Meh, he's right though.

Just take it a game at a time is the best the players AND fans can do. Giving up on the team is not going to help as our resident Saint fan has mentioned. Giving up on the team helps nothing.

WRONG!!!! If enough people make enough noise it puts pressure on the owner to make a change.

I always "believe" until the math says otherwise. I can't just fold it in after game 6. But I got to tell you, the trill is gone at this point.

No more getting nervous before games. No more worrying about the flag after a big gain. No more anything, really. The Texans are just kind of ....there ........until Kubiak gets the boot.

WRONG!!!! If enough people make enough noise it puts pressure on the owner to make a change.

That's your philosophy, so be it. More power to you. Me on the other hand don't call it quits when things go bad. I hope our players and coaches feel the same way too!

YEAH I believe we can win a game I don't know when but I think we can win

PASS ME DAT :koolaid: IM THIRSTY

I thought my team would contend for a title instead the texans are in contention for a high draft pick.

Im Checking in..... Into rehab.

I believe we have a lot of talent. I don't know that we have a winning team though.

I'm having a hard time seeing how this team went from 12-4 last season with essentially the same roster to a team that can barely get out of its own way.

I have been a Kubiak supporter through thick and thin, but at this point I'm having a hard time defending his decision making. His playcalling has become downright stupid. We can't seem to throw it down the field. I would be fine with incompletions, because it sets you up for better runs and better mid range throws, but teams can essentially draw a line 25 yards from the LOS that they don't have to cross. It's like we think we're always in the red zone.

I don't want change. I want better.

If Keenum comes in & we find out that there is a reason he's 3rd string, just like we found out there's a reason Tj is 2nd (well, we found out there's a reason he isn't starting).... what did change get us?

Matt's not Tom Brady & there's a pretty good chance Case Keenum isn't either. So we need to stop hoping Matt will start to play like those guys & expect our defense to not allow the St Louis Rams to score 17 points in the first half. Let's get some turnovers. Let's beat the St Louis Rams 9-3

This is a really, really good team.

But right now, it's shooting itself in its feet with stupid penalties and turnovers.

I don't know if we can clean that up. I hope we can and I'll keep rooting for the team to turn things around. Teams have come back from deeper holes than this.

This is a really, really good team.

But right now, it's shooting itself in its feet with stupid penalties and turnovers.

I don't know if we can clean that up. I hope we can and I'll keep rooting for the team to turn things around. Teams have come back from deeper holes than this.

They have. The Oilers were 1-4 at one point and rattlled off 11 wins. We won't go into what happened after that.

I think this team needs to look for a spark somewhere. Right now, Schaub is probably out for the KC game. I think Keenum maybe a spark. It's a gamble yes, but this team needs something different.

They have. The Oilers were 1-4 at one point and rattlled off 11 wins. We won't go into what happened after that.

I think this team needs to look for a spark somewhere. Right now, Schaub is probably out for the KC game. I think Keenum maybe a spark. It's a gamble yes, but this team needs something different.
That Oiler team had a better line, QB, defense....and coaching.

That Oiler team had a better line, QB, defense....and coaching.

Totally get what you're saying here, but I bet they didn't look much better at the time that they were 1-4. I don't remember (even though I know I saw it & do remember the next 11 & playoffs), but I just bet. For instance, that D was good, but it didn't have JJ Watt or B. Cushing. That O-line was great, but it didn't have D. Brown or Myers getting to the second level. I know I don't even have to mention Foster. I think this team would be capable of making a turn-around like that, but QB is a big ????? right now.

I wouldn't bet money on him being the next Brady or anything, but I'd really like to see Keenum start. Schaub is injured & what we saw from Yates yesterday is just what we will get from Yates. Yates can make the short passes in the middle of the field (6 yard pass on 3rd & 10), but he can't make the big plays (whether its' a short TD pass or a long pass). When he tries to, we get what happened yesterday or what happened in the playoffs against the Ravens. Keenum doesn't need to be some sure-fire better-than-Schaub promise, because Schaub is injured anyway. He needs to get his shot. Maybe he will suck, but we already know Yates will.

I always "believe" until the math says otherwise. I can't just fold it in after game 6. But I got to tell you, the trill is gone at this point.

No more getting nervous before games. No more worrying about the flag after a big gain. No more anything, really. The Texans are just kind of ....there ........until Kubiak gets the boot.

I agree with this, i have always gotten excited before games. I mean blood started flowing, couldnt sit still, was anxious. This season even since the first game i just havent felt it, i try to be positive all the time. But this is the honest truth.

Something about the whole season just hasnt felt right, its like we were destined to come out and suck. I used to count down the days until sunday, not so much nymore. Very sad !

This is EXACTLY how I felt starting yesterday against the Rams. I haven't felt this way since the Capers days.

My wife knows I'll be pretty upset during/after a loss. I was actually pretty relaxed during the game. I watched the whole game just to see if Yates could look even remotely like an NFL QB. He doesn't. I am not excited about next weeks game. I still hope they win out but highly doubt they reach 7-8 total wins. Now it's wait until the final nail is hammered in the coffin and look forward to the offseason. I want to believe they can turn it around. I do. I feel the Texans have the talent to be a top 6-8 team if they have slightly above average QB play. We are seeing a ton of mistakes that are not typical of Kubiak teams. Penalties and offensive turnovers are at all time high levels and defensive turnovers at all time lows. Without great QB play you can't overcome a lot of mistakes.

Back