Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Battle Red Day 09?

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
When will we figure out which game will be deemed as Battle Red Day so those of us who printed out the schedule already can mark at least one game as a W asap?

With the Texans being 2-0 in home primetime games wearing the red on red. I would imagine they make it 3-0 against the Tacks.

Drew_Smoke

@Drew_Smoke
I thought they could only do red twice a year? They always wear it against J'ville so I guess the other will be against Tenn?

TxDavid

Veteran
I'm speculating here, but I'm betting that battle Red Day would be the Monday Night Football game. The other alternate jersey game may be in December - they seem to like to do that for Christmas.... However, last year we wore the alternate jersey only once, and it was for Battle Red Day.

Roc - you are correct. The NFL allows each team to wear their alternate jerseys for up to two games, so we can only wear the Red Jerseys a maximum of twice during a season. The exception is the playoffs - There are no restrictions on the amount of times an NFL team may wear alternate jerseys in playoff games.

There are also no rules regarding wearing alternate pants - at any point during the season.

Last edited: