Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BADBOYs players for 2021 draft

Sewell is rated as the number one pick by everybody for OT but I see darrisaw as his equal. There are also several other left tackle later in first and second round. If we were to get a quarterback in Tu'a tag I would definitely consider trading down out of pick 3. Cowboys have a wide receiver in ceedee lamb that I want and also a cornerback Tryon Diggs.

I liked the Heck brothers and their dad in college. All I need to do is watch'em walk around. My first thought is "there's a tackle"! I hope Charlie can gain 10 or 15 pounds. If you look back at 2019, our offensive line played so much better, allowing Carlos Hyde to amass 1100 yards. I think our line is mostly made up of 2nd tier talent, (except for Tunsil), and they are much more capable of acceptable run blocking than pass blocking. We've got the same OL personnel now that we did then. I think our biggest need on the line is a good right guard .... add a good lead power back. and a good lead receiver, and I think all we need to do is get a happy DW4 back.

I liked the Heck brothers and their dad in college. All I need to do is watch'em walk around. My first thought is "there's a tackle"! I hope Charlie can gain 10 or 15 pounds. If you look back at 2019, our offensive line played so much better, allowing Carlos Hyde to amass 1100 yards. I think our line is mostly made up of 2nd tier talent, (except for Tunsil), and they are much more capable of acceptable run blocking than pass blocking. We've got the same OL personnel now that we did then. I think our biggest need on the line is a good right guard .... add a good lead power back. and a good lead receiver, and I think all we need to do is get a happy DW4 back.
So hear me out on this, if we get QB Tu'a and our offensive line is geared for run blocking why don't we get a good running back or two and go with that? Perhaps our focus should not be on landing Zach Wilson but providing Tagovaila a strong oline and a pair of running back who know how to find the end zone?

Last edited:
So hear me out on this, if we get QB Tu'a and our offensive line is geared for run blocking why don't we get a good running back or two and go with that? Perhaps our focus should not be on landing Zach Wilson but providing Tagovaila a strong oline and a pair of running back to know how to find the end zone?

I'm on board ! I search constantly for a RG, RB, CRB, PRB, FB, TWR. As of now, if I could, I would snag 1) Landon Dickerson, Trey Sermon, Kahlil Herbert, Rhamonde Stevenson, Ben Mason, TJ Vasher. Last year, after we lost the best wide receiver in the game, I was screaming for Chase ClayPool - ND. - a matchup nightmare .... Steelers top receiver for his rookie year. We took Ross Blaylock DT instead .... what's he done ? .... every profile I could find was very iffy .... Combine results were nothing special ! We had lost one of the top RB's in the league and the best WR in the world .... who was one of our phenom QB's best friends .... and they draft defense ??? Their choices never cease to amaze me !

I'm on board ! I search constantly for a RG, RB, CRB, PRB, FB, TWR. As of now, if I could, I would snag 1) Landon Dickerson, Trey Sermon, Kahlil Herbert, Rhamonde Stevenson, Ben Mason, TJ Vasher. Last year, after we lost the best wide receiver in the game, I was screaming for Chase ClayPool - ND. - a matchup nightmare .... Steelers top receiver for his rookie year. We took Ross Blaylock DT instead .... what's he done ? .... every profile I could find was very iffy .... Combine results were nothing special ! We had lost one of the top RB's in the league and the best WR in the world .... who was one of our phenom QB's best friends .... and they draft defense ??? Their choices never cease to amaze me !

I think me and Badboy are close when in one way or another we agree that landing OT- Darrisaw (VA TECH), OC- Dickerson (AL), RB- Williams (NC), RB- Sermon (OH ST)...and WR- Nico Collins (MI). Collins is a 6-4, 215 pound catch machine. Guy has a Hopkins catch radius with Cooks route running ability. He has Hopkins type speed which overall should make him a better version of Claypool. I've also earmarked Marquez Stevenson (HOU) later to creat that downfield threat that Fuller was supposed to be.....when healthy. I think the Texans could still sign Fuller giving them a solid group of receivers for Tua.

Projected WR Group: Fuller, Collins, Cobb, Hansen, Coutee, Coulter, and Stevenson. Stevenson could open as the KR/PR until he's needed.

Hopefully the Texans could move Cobb's contract in the off-season.

I remember. I was a strong proponent for Claypool also. As with so many drafts. when we selected Blacklock I said who? Why? Caserio has to be better than our former GM. Oh, please let him be better. I find myself making excuses after a draft. "Well he will do this well or maybe he will develop." I am so exhausted with excuses.

I have to admit, I was so angry with all of what Cal has been allowing to happen to this team, along with a grave concern with what is looking to be the future of this nation, I just kind of lost interest. I wish they would inoculate all the guys and hold the combine .... it is literally the pinnacle of my year ! I'm trying to reignite my enthusiasm. I need Geritol !! No wait .... lots of young women and fast cars .... yeah .... that's the ticket !

I think me and Badboy are close when in one way or another we agree that landing OT- Darrisaw (VA TECH), OC- Dickerson (AL), RB- Williams (NC), RB- Sermon (OH ST)...and WR- Nico Collins (MI). Collins is a 6-4, 215 pound catch machine. Guy has a Hopkins catch radius with Cooks route running ability. He has Hopkins type speed which overall should make him a better version of Claypool. I've also earmarked Marquez Stevenson (HOU) later to creat that downfield threat that Fuller was supposed to be.....when healthy. I think the Texans could still sign Fuller giving them a solid group of receivers for Tua.
Hopkins ran a 4.57 at the combine .... no deep post or fly routes .... but great moves and the best hands I've ever seen ! Claypool was a freak ! He ran a 4.45, a 4.44, and a 4.42 at the combine, with a 40" vertical, at 238 lbs !!
Nico Collins 6'4" 215 ran a 4.5 this past winter .... combined with great hands .... TJ Vasher 6'6" 215 - 4.5 - 40 - acrobatic catches !
' Just watched some film and interviews with Nico and Nathan .... both really impressive .... fine young men !

Projected WR Group: Fuller, Collins, Cobb, Hansen, Coutee, Coulter, and Stevenson. Stevenson could open as the KR/PR until he's needed.
I think Cooks is the most valuable receiver on the team !

Hopefully the Texans could move Cobb's contract in the off-season.
I remember. I was a strong proponent for Claypool also. As with so many drafts. when we selected Blacklock I said who? Why? Caserio has to be better than our former GM. Oh, please let him be better. I find myself making excuses after a draft. "Well he will do this well or maybe he will develop." I am so exhausted with excuses.

Amen and Amen !

Do you think Dickerson will drop that far in the draft because of his injury? I still think he’ll be mid to late Rd 2.

I would be happy with Humphrey, Myers, or Meinerz to take Martin’s slot. I think all of them would be better centers than him.

Do you think Dickerson will drop that far in the draft because of his injury? I still think he’ll be mid to late Rd 2.

I would be happy with Humphrey, Myers, or Meinerz to take Martin’s slot. I think all of them would be better centers than him.

I don't believe he would be wasted at RG. I think he's strong enough to play there. He's just a guy I want on my team. A born leader .... team mates treat him like a king. He needs to be a center, but can improve the play at RG this season, and down the road, when we're in a better drafting position, we can get a top guard.

I don't believe he would be wasted at RG. I think he's strong enough to play there. He's just a guy I want on my team. A born leader .... team mates treat him like a king. He needs to be a center, but can improve the play at RG this season, and down the road, when we're in a better drafting position, we can get a top guard.
I agree and we need to get round 2.50 as Miami could use him. I would take Creed Humphrey. Analysts all over the board on LD and Deonte Brown. Unfortunately we need a RG and a center. Alabama always has good linemen and if we get Tua why not bring in guys he played with?

I agree and we need to get round 2.50 as Miami could use him. I would take Creed Humphrey. Analysts all over the board on LD and Deonte Brown. Unfortunately we need a RG and a center. Alabama always has good linemen and if we get Tua why not bring in guys he played with?
I’m keeping my eye on Jack Anderson OG out of Tech as a prospect in the 6th. He might be a solid addition for our OL.

I wish we could completely replace our offensive line including laremy tunsil with a trade for a high pick for him.

Why?

They aren't highly paid in fact 2 of them are still on their rookie deals. Coaching will improve the OL as much as anything. I also cant figure out why you wouldn't want a 2 time pro bowl LT protecting your young drafted QB? You want the new QB to take the beatings DW4 took his rookie yr?

Why?

They aren't highly paid in fact 2 of them are still on their rookie deals. Coaching will improve the OL as much as anything. I also cant figure out why you wouldn't want a 2 time pro bowl LT protecting your young drafted QB? You want the new QB to take the beatings DW4 took his rookie yr?
? What are you talkin about? Outside of Laramie none of our offensive line are even average players regardless of how cheap they are. Tunsil is not cheap in fact last October Stanley got a five-year extension at less than 20 million dollars per. Much less than our guy. Darrisaw and quite possibly Leatherwood or eichenberg will be as good.

? What are you talkin about? Outside of Laramie none of our offensive line are even average players regardless of how cheap they are. Tunsil is not cheap in fact last October Stanley got a five-year extension at less than 20 million dollars per. Much less than our guy. Darrisaw and quite possibly Leatherwood or eichenberg will be as good.

Howard was good as a rookie as was Scharping. For some reason they regressed. Are you saying they cant atleast return to their previous level of play if not play much better with better coaching? Tunsil gets paid like an all pro LT. Those kinds of guys cost money. You can only hope Darrisaw eventually becomes as good as Tunsil. The other guys are going to have an adjustment period but will become good players eventually.

I guess where we disagree is I think the talent is already there with a minor tweak like 1 starter to be a good OL.

If you suggest they go with a bunch of young rookies on the OL then just know your young QB is going to take a beating like Carr/DW4 did.

Howard was good as a rookie as was Scharping. For some reason they regressed. Are you saying they cant atleast return to their previous level of play if not play much better with better coaching? Tunsil gets paid like an all pro LT. Those kinds of guys cost money.

If you suggest they go with a bunch of young rookies on the OL then just know your young QB is going to take a beating like Carr/DW4 did.
I don't want to take a chance on any of them getting better. We can't afford that in my opinion. If they can hang around as backup So be it. Just my opinion but tunsil is over paid regardless of what certificates he can put on his wall. I think the guys I want will protect our new quarterback as well as the guys we have right now.

Darrisaw, Jackson Carman, Landon Dickerson, Deonte Brown and Heck will do well. And an RB pair of Javonte Williams and Chuba Hubbard will make them better.

I don't want to take a chance on any of them getting better. We can't afford that in my opinion. If they can hang around as backup So be it. Just my opinion but tunsil is over paid regardless of what certificates he can put on his wall. I think the guys I want will protect our new quarterback as well as the guys we have right now.

Darrisaw, Jackson Carman, Landon Dickerson, Deonte Brown and Heck will do well. And an RB pair of Javonte Williams and Chuba Hubbard will make them better.

So you would rather take a chance on a bunch of rookies that have never played a down of NFL football? Good luck with that. I dont care if Tunsil is traded or not as long as they get appropriate value for a guy that protected the QB very well last season. If they dont get appropriate value then hold onto him and you've got your new QB's blindside well protected.

I also think an OL of Tunsil/Scharping/Fulton/Howard/Heck/Draft pick have the ability to form a pretty good OL with proper coaching. BTW, Where are you going to get the draft picks to draft all of the guys you listed?

I think the drafting of Darrisaw and Dickerson would set this line up for success with depth to boot.

LT- Tunsil
LG- Scharping
OC- Dickerson
RG- Howard
RT- Darrisaw

OT/OG- Heck
OT/OG- Johnson
OT/OG- Qvale
OG/OT- Benzschawel
OG/OT- Steckler
OC- Cabral

I think the drafting of Darrisaw and Dickerson would set this line up for success with depth to boot.

LT- Tunsil
LG- Scharping
OC- Dickerson
RG- Howard
RT- Darrisaw

OT/OG- Heck
OT/OG- Johnson
OT/OG- Qvale
OG/OT- Benzschawel
OG/OT- Steckler
OC- Cabral

All of the guys @ NFL.com have Darrisaw going in the 1st, and LZ has Dickerson going also

LT- Tunsil
LG- Scharping
OC- Dickerson
RG- Howard
RT- Darrisaw

OT/OG- Heck
OT/OG- Johnson
OT/OG- Qvale
OG/OT- Benzschawel
OG/OT- Steckler
OC- Cabral

Both have impressed me in some games, but I don't hear about them now.
Landon Young OT Ketucky
Cade Mays OG Tennessee both 6'6" 320

So you would rather take a chance on a bunch of rookies that have never played a down of NFL football? Good luck with that. I dont care if Tunsil is traded or not as long as they get appropriate value for a guy that protected the QB very well last season. If they dont get appropriate value then hold onto him and you've got your new QB's blindside well protected.

I also think an OL of Tunsil/Scharping/Fulton/Howard/Heck/Draft pick have the ability to form a pretty good OL with proper coaching. BTW, Where are you going to get the draft picks to draft all of the guys you listed?
I thought you had read the numerous trades I have made

All of the guys @ NFL.com have Darrisaw going in the 1st, and LZ has Dickerson going also

Trading Watson will put the Texans in a position to move pick RD1-02 or RD1-03. If they stood pat at either pick, I'd go OT- Penei Sewell, Oregon but there'll be another team out there that thinks they won't be able to live without Fields. If the Texans can trade back and gain additional picks....I'd do it with the idea of not going too far back b/c Darrisaw is the one I'd really be targeting.

Dickerson on the other hand has been fickle. Some sites have him as a RD1 pick and some have him rated as a RD2 or RD3 talent. There's just so many positions on both sides of the ball with top flight players in this draft that Center may not warrant the immediacy of RD1. I'd be stoked to see this talent slip back into RD2 or early RD3. If Dickerson was on the board late in RD2 the Texans may be sitting on a pick that could allow them to draft him.

This past week the Chronicle had a list of the new hires and as of today, I don't think Devlin has been replaced. It has been reported that he has been taking interviews from other teams and it has been reported that the team will be moving on (replacing) him; but I haven't seen any mention of a possible replacement or interviews.

This past week the Chronicle had a list of the new hires and as of today, I don't think Devlin has been replaced. It has been reported that he has been taking interviews from other teams and it has been reported that the team will be moving on (replacing) him; but I haven't seen any mention of a possible replacement or interviews.
Devin is probably irreplaceable.

I read somewhere the Ravens TE/asst OL coach will be the new OL coach.

Former Wisconsin safety rachad wildgoose. 5"11"
Pro day 36 inch vertical 10 feet broadjump 4.41 forty. Played only two games 2020 due to injury.

Pro day info guy looks good in back pedal and hip rotation.

Pro day 36 inch vertical 10 feet broadjump 4.41 forty. Played only two games 2020 due to injury.

Not bad. I’d consider spending a 6 or 7th rounder on him.

That last name "Mutha Ducking Wildgoose" has me wanting him just for his last name!!! Really, is it Wildgoose?

While we are floating along in limbo, a simple draft query .... if we get to #68 in the draft, and the North Carolina road grader is still available, do you take him .... or find a defensive shiny object - DL, LB, or DB instead ?

While we are floating along in limbo, a simple draft query .... if we get to #68 in the draft, and the North Carolina road grader is still available, do you take him .... or find a defensive shiny object - DL, LB, or DB instead ?
As of today without knowing more about our free agents quality I would probably select an offensive lineman.

Carmon Jackson, Alex Leatherwood or Deonte the RG from Alabama.

Devonta Smith smaller than expected. 6 feet 166 pounds. As I expected him to keep as much bulk on until draft as possible this exam may indicate that he has difficulty maintaining weight.

Back