Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Badboy's college players to watch for future

I wonder how Robert Woods would have played yesterday versus San Francisco?
San Francisco?

I posted in the gameday thread that Woods presence would have helped in the scramble drills. The young receivers just don't have the same type of spidey sense Woods has for working back to the ball. In the end it didn't matter. Stroud saw everything the Bucs could throw at him, then picked them apart.

Justyn Ross

Now with the Chiefs.
He had almost a career ending injury with that neck. I wouldn't put him in the Gaines Adams or Clien Ferrell territory. Look at the Bama highly drafted oline players who can't even get to their 5th yr options. Evaluate the player, not the helmet

I'm giving my young QB everything he needs to succeed. I'm drafting Legette.

Want to fix the DT issue? Sign Wilkins in FA and draft Sweat in the 2nd rd. Sign A.J. Dillon and another CB in FA. Bring back Nelson. I'm terrible at evaluating CB's.
I like Leggett alot. He's going to be there in the 2nd rd. I also think the lsu wr opposite of Nabers, Polk, Worthy, Mitchell will also be there. When was the last time the Texans drafted a rb before the 3rd rd? Tate maybe. I like Dillion, like Jones more. I like Wilkins if he doesn't get the tag.

I like Leggett alot. He's going to be there in the 2nd rd. I also think the lsu wr opposite of Nabers, Polk, Worthy, Mitchell will also be there. When was the last time the Texans drafted a rb before the 3rd rd? Tate maybe. I like Dillion, like Jones more. I like Wilkins if he doesn't get the tag.
Is Jones a FA?

As far as Legette goes, if I like a guy I believe in drafting him a rd early rather at 1-20 instead of hoping he falls to 2-52. I do think Sweat will fall to 2-52. I would love to draft Sweat and add either Wilkins or Reader in FA. This would make such a huge difference in the Texans defense and it's how the 49ers built their defense from the inside out. Imagine Cashman and Harris being able to roam.

With that said, if Benson fell to the 2nd rd I would have a hard time not picking him. That guy's a stud. Maybe use a 3rd and a 4th plus a future 3rd to move up and get Benson. It's a lot to give up but since JW Casper told me about him I've watched him closely and he's every bit as good as Breece Hall. IMHO

I would be all for a draft like this

1. Legette
2. Sweat
2. Benson
4. Best TE available.

Last edited:
He had almost a career ending injury with that neck. I wouldn't put him in the Gaines Adams or Clien Ferrell territory. Look at the Bama highly drafted oline players who can't even get to their 5th yr options. Evaluate the player, not the helmet
I still think Neal would make a fine LG.

Is Jones a FA?

As far as Legette goes, if I like a guy I believe in drafting him a rd early rather at 1-20 instead of hoping he falls to 2-52. I do think Sweat will fall to 2-52. I would love to draft Sweat and add either Wilkins or Reader in FA. This would make such a huge difference in the Texans defense and it's how the 49ers built their defense from the inside out. Imagine Cashman and Harris being able to roam.

With that said, if Benson fell to the 2nd rd I would have a hard time not picking him. That guy's a stud. Maybe use a 3rd and a 4th plus a future 3rd to move up and get Benson. It's a lot to give up but since JW Casper told me about him I've watched him closely and he's every bit as good as Breece Hall. IMHO

I would be all for a draft like this

1. Legette
2. Sweat
2. Benson
4. Best TE available.
Sweat is going to be around the 3rd rd, but he might go earlier like Ika from Baylor last year. McKinley Jackson will be in that range also.

Hopefully this is true.

RD.1 Legette
RD.2 Benson
RD.3 Sweat

Sign me up for this.

Trey Benson (Florida State) and/or Bucky Irving (Oregon) would be great backs for the Texans.

Benson is the bigger and slightly faster back. Irving has been the more consistently producer over 3 seasons.

I’m liking Trey Benson’s size and speed…..like Leggett, but at the RB position. Like they say, speed kills…..or dominates, depends how you want to look at it.
I really wanted Keaton Mitchell late in the draft this past year. Watched the condensed version of Ravens vs Seahawks and that dude has an extra gear! 9 for 138 and yes he was got hit in the backfield a couple of times,but he hit a crease and almost hit his head on the goal post

What do you like more about Legette vs Nabers, Thomas Jr, Polk, Odunze?
Legette has the most upside of any WR in this class.

Nabers and Odunze are 2 of the safest bets in the draft.

Thomas will probably go before I would draft him (Late RD2/Early RD 3.)

If you miss out on these guys Polk (Who I like Alot) will probably be there at 3-84. He reminds me of Nico.

I was thinking

What if the Texans signed Wilkins and a CB like Jalon Johnson/Jordyn Brooks in FA and drafted Verse and Sweat? Then traded back into the 2nd for Benson.

You could save a bunch of money letting Greenard walk and I think this would be elite.

The offense should be better because the OL should be healthier and the WR's are good enough to get by another yr. Plus you would be adding a stud RB in Benson. Not saying I would do this but there's a case to be made for going this way. The defense would be on par or better than the 49ers defense. Besides Latu who has the power and wiggle at the edge position in this draft? I've noticed that you're pretty good evaluating edge guys.

Last edited:

If you miss out on these guys Polk (Who I like Alot) will probably be there at 3-84. He reminds me of Nico.

I was thinking

What if the Texans signed Wilkins and a CB like Jalon Johnson/Jordyn Brooks in FA and drafted Verse and Sweat? Then traded back into the 2nd for Benson.

You could save a bunch of money letting Greenard walk and I think this would be elite.

The offense should be better because the OL should be healthier and the WR's are good enough to get by another yr. Plus you would be adding a stud RB in Benson. Not saying I would do this but there's a case to be made for going this way. The defense would be on par or better than the 49ers defense. Besides Latu who has the power and wiggle at the edge position in this draft? I've noticed that you're pretty good evaluating edge guys.
I wonder what Ja'lynn Polk would be doing without Odunze? Would he be as good or even better? Malik Nabers just keeps on racking up stats. Coleman playing great.
Another reason I would like Green Bay to trade 2 round twos for our round 1, depending on where it ends up. Three 2s would be sweet.

I wonder what Ja'lynn Polk would be doing without Odunze? Would he be as good or even better? Malik Nabers just keeps on racking up stats. Coleman playing great.
Another reason I would like Green Bay to trade 2 round twos for our round 1, depending on where it ends up. Three 2s would be sweet.
I think Polk is a really good receiver, a WR2 on a good team, a WR1 on a team like the Panthers.

Love Nabers but he mainly plays from the slot. (So did Justin Jefferson)

Love Coleman , I think he goes in the 1-10 to 1-15 range. Definitely a WR1.

I was thinking

Why are you trying to save money with a rookie qb on a rookie deal? I mean if we're talking this year plus 3, I would be trying to sign 26 yr old guys who are entering their prime. Like Jaylon Johnson alot. I understand about Legette also. Like Wilkins and that dt position needs to get better aside from Collins. I like Ruke O from Clemson in the 2nd rd. I also like Justin Madubike from Baltimore. He and Collins might be too similar.

Legette 9/120/0 today.
Benson is at 11/65/2 rushing and 1/17 receiving halfway through third.
Newton with another sack today.
Odunze is 2/78/1 right now against Utah. Good day for names we frequently discuss.

Egbuka seems to be missing his buddy. If our current receivers continue their production, I consider removing that position for a need in draft.

If WR- Xavier Leggett (South Carolina) were to fall into the Texans lap.....he'd be a difficult player to pass on.

Last edited:
Bowers is different

He will be long gone by the time the Texans are picking.
Just hypothetical cuz I don't think either will be there but would you rather draft Bower in the first or maybe Verse in the first and pick up Sanders in the 3rd?

I'm not drafting a te in the top half of the 1st rd. It hasn't worked
I agree... but it looks like the Texans won't be drafting in the top half of the round. Bowers at 10? Miss me with that. Bowers at 25? I'd be interested.

Bowers is different

I think @leebigeztx is right. When was the last time a top 16-drafted TE played a meaningful role on a SB winner?

He will be long gone by the time the Texans are picking.
I think he will, too, so this is largely moot.

Give me Benson in the 1st and Sanders in the 3rd. Weapons, I would also re-sign Schultz.
I like Benson, not 1st rd like though. He runs too upright for a guy 6'1. I'm not sure if you can teach a guy to change his running style. My personal preference are rbs built like Singletary. 5'8 205, thick lower body, suddenness and quickness unless you get a King Henry type. Since the new nfl is turning over rbs every 5 yrs or so, I might just do the vet route. With CJ at qb, he will never see a stacked box. I do like that Sanders/ Schultz combo. Give Schultz a 3 yrs deal with funny money in year 3 and hopefully Sanders is ready.

I like Benson, not 1st rd like though. He runs too upright for a guy 6'1. I'm not sure if you can teach a guy to change his running style. My personal preference are rbs built like Singletary. 5'8 205, thick lower body, suddenness and quickness unless you get a King Henry type. Since the new nfl is turning over rbs every 5 yrs or so, I might just do the vet route. With CJ at qb, he will never see a stacked box. I do like that Sanders/ Schultz combo. Give Schultz a 3 yrs deal with funny money in year 3 and hopefully Sanders is ready.
I like some of the backs that are late day 2 or day 3. Some guys I have my eye on for the draft process (esp the all star games) are:

Will Shipley-Clemson
Dylan Laube- UNH
Bucky Irving- Oregon
Marshawn Lloyd- USC

The top 3 are very good receivers and Lloyd is capable.

As far as TE, I like Sanders, but I could also see the combination of Schultz and Cade Stover. Reunite Stroud with a familiar face.

Jonah ellis didn't play in the debacle vs Arizona today but all articles only say out. One said "not ready for season " but that should've said game.
I assume injury. Team supposedly down after gamr loss week before.

Back