Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Babin - bad to the bone

“When I was 10, we’d go to my grandmother’s house for dinner. Since I was the youngest, I was supposed to bring the chicken bones and steak bones to her dogs. That was my job,” Babin said.
For the love of Lassie, please don't feed chicken bones to your dog. You'll end up with a monster vet bill or a dead pooch. Don't listen to Granny Babin.

Well people wanted a defensive player with an aggressive nasty attitude and I think we just found that guy. This article was a really good one that has now gotten me excited too see how he turns out. 5 sacks in one game? Can't wait. Thanks for the article.

We need another guy with passion on defense. We are a bit too workmanlike for my tastes. Football is a game of hard-driving emotions, and it looks like Babin gets all geeked up before games. I like it. Thanks for the link nun.

oh yeah, no chicken or pork bones for the pooch please.

“I get pretty nuts before a game. It’s almost as if I’m watching myself from outside my body,” he said. “My pregame ritual is kind of hard to describe — head butts, some choice words, stuff like that — but I’m just trying to make sure that all the fellas are ready for the game.”
Babin’s passion is what sets him apart, says Western Michigan coach Gary Darnell.
“His numbers are good — his height [6-4] and weight [276 pounds] — but without question it goes beyond the numbers with Jason,” Darnell said. “He really loves to play football. He takes advantage of all his talent, and the good thing about Jason is he makes a bunch of the rest of us look good.”
Though the Broncos went 4-8 last season, Babin helped them finish first in the MAC in total defense. He had multiple sacks in five games, including three against Purdue, and he ended up with 26 tackles behind the line of scrimmage, second most in the country. He also blocked two punts and even caught a pass as a tight end.

BuffSoldier said:
How do you eat bones, can you just naw them to they break or is there something Im not getting.
You crunch them with you teeth. The marrow that comes out is quite tasty but it eventually wares your teeth down.

You can feed chicken bones to dogs as long as the dog is beg and mean enough to handle it. My Rot tends to deal with chicken bones fairly well.

done88 said:
You can feed chicken bones to dogs as long as the dog is beg and mean enough to handle it. My Rot tends to deal with chicken bones fairly well.
I know this is not a chicken bone forum (so this will be my last thoughts on this), but chicken and pork bones fragment like glass and tend to tear and rip up the insides of your dog's digestive tract. He may be big and mean but you are likely hurting him although you cannot see it.

Vinny is right on the money on this one. Chicken and pork bones splinter to the point where they can become very dangerous for your intestines. The only bones I would recommend anyone giving their dogs are Milkbones and what Petsmart calls knucklebones (sp???). But Im sure Babin is smart enough to not eat the bones...marrow is good, bones are bad. Just my :twocents:

very true.. what is probably worse is when I was a kid, I would share my chocolate candy bar with my dog (break off a piece, I wasn't wild enough to let the dog slobber on it ;) ) :bag:

We need another guy with passion on defense. We are a bit too workmanlike for my tastes. Football is a game of hard-driving emotions, and it looks like Babin gets all geeked up before games. I like it. Thanks for the link nun.

exactly. I agree with you.. I don't know about y'all , but I wish we had someone on the offensive side of the ball. Mainly what disappoints me is that when Carr would get sacked , I don't really see our Rb or OL picking him off the ground. Esp the guy that blew the block.

Back